PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Ears

Pages : [1] 2

Carina
05-11-2006, 08:27 AM
How Much are a set of Mouse ears going to Cost me at the mad hatters?

Can the Golden ones be embroidered too?

CariBelle
05-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Yes the golden ones can be embroidered and I think they are $12.50 for adults, childrens are about $8 I think.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
05-11-2006, 08:33 AM
You'll get change back from $15, and yes, they are using white thread that is visible on the gold-colored caps.

--TLMt

Carina
05-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Awsome - THANKS for the speedy Info

My Mom wants me to get a present for my Nephew - I think golden ears would be perfect!

ANd I want to get my 3 kids a set too!

CariBelle
05-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know if the ears at WDW are the same as the ones at DL?

geoffa
05-11-2006, 09:13 AM
See:
http://www.laughingplacestore.com/images/products/5684L.jpg

WDW ears clearly say Walt Disney World!:)

mareed
05-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Does anyone know if the ears at WDW are the same as the ones at DL?

They are different. We have both sets for the kids.

CariBelle
05-11-2006, 09:42 AM

hlbtimes2
05-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Just a little tip: you can get ears at many places in the park. And, there are many place that can stitch names on them. HOWEVER- the only place that still does them by hand, rather then by computer, is the mad hatter. Its quicker and has a more personal look to it. They are replacing the old machines because they are to hard to get repair parts for.

SuperTwinsMom
05-11-2006, 04:21 PM
hi
are mouse ears safe for 8mo babies? I 'd like to get a set for each of my quads but not sure if they would be a smart purchase. Also with the names on, it would be a great help for my inlaws to call the kids by their actual names...

hlbtimes2
05-11-2006, 08:41 PM
They have infant ears. They even have some that say "my first ears" and come in pink or blue. If they are used to wearing hats, I would think you would be fine. Of course, you would want to watch the elastic strap, but that really goes without saying.

simbaNnala101
05-11-2006, 09:20 PM
down in frontierland there is also a store that i bought my ears at and they embrodered it right there by hand too and they made it really very cool. thats just another location for you because I got some for my friend done at the mad haters and I waited in like for almost an hour. and at the one in frontierland there was no line at all.

~Ash~:)

UsBurchs
06-03-2006, 04:24 PM
We are headed to DLR next weekend (June 10/11) and of course we'll be buying mouse ears . . .couple questions for anyone who's been there lately:
1. How much do they cost these days?
2. Do the gold ears cost more?
3. Do they even have regular old black ones available?
4. Does it cost extra for names? (I can't remember)

My toddler saw a "commercial" on Disney Channel about the Mickey Mouse Club House events that were held a couple months ago and for the first time told me that he "want" something. "Want Meeeeky Hat!" and patted his head. I was all excited that he wants a pair of ears, but a little worried about this whole "want" thing . . . we could be in BIG trouble! ;)

twist1980
06-03-2006, 04:34 PM
I just bought some in December and embroidery does not cost any extra. They can't do embroidery on some of the specialty ears though (like the santa/Mickey ears we got). They did still have the classic ears available. I can't remember the price (we bought childrens sizes as our heads were small), but I want to say they were around $10-12.

yellowrosedtxn
06-03-2006, 06:30 PM
The adult ears are 11.50 + tax and the infant ones are 10.50 + tax. It does not cost extra for embroidery.

They are also going to have pirate ears too, and I THINK I saw the prices for them are 14.50 and 13.50. I don't think you can embroider those though.

Edited: If this information is not correct, then someone out here will correct me!
:-)

amcutler
06-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Just saw the mad hatter is closed, which is where I was told to get mine...where else can I get them?

Schmetterling
06-03-2006, 06:41 PM
I bought some of the black Mickey and Minnie ears, last summer. They are pretty resonable, and its neat to watch them do the embroidery! It was REALLY busy in the Mad Hatter, though. The only thing I DIDN'T like, was how they attached the bow to the Minnie's ears. They take a piece of green wire with this weird looking little rose on the end, and wrap it around the bow.....It doesn't hold it very well, and the rose looks kinda dumb....but oh well! Hope you have a great trip!

bradk
06-03-2006, 06:50 PM
greetings @ DCA can embroider

ETA: according to a MP update (as of end of last year)

Briar Patch and Star Trader - Plotter stitching
Hatmosphere, Main Street Mad Hatter, Fantasyland Mad Hatter and the Gag Factory - 'hand' embroidery

yellowrosedtxn
06-03-2006, 06:54 PM
I think there is another place at DL near Fantasy Land that would do the hat embroidery too. I can't remember if that is where it is though. I am going to have to do the same thing, find a place to buy the ears and get them done while I am there.

MileHighAko
06-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Just saw the mad hatter is closed, which is where I was told to get mine...where else can I get them?
Mad Hatter was open on Thursday. They were busy putting names on a pair when I bought some princess hat-ears for DD.

I also purchased a pair of the gold ears, and was told by the CM "good thing you're getting them now, because by the time we stop selling them in September they'll be hard to come by".

amcutler
06-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Oh I hope they will be open in a week and a half...

june1st1997
06-03-2006, 08:41 PM
shop across the street from emporium has hats and they embroider. As of yesterday they had all kinds of ears... Gold, Original, Tie Dye & Pirate to name a few.

UsBurchs
06-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm sure we'll find somewhere to get our hats! I remember getting my first pair of ears at the Mad Hatter - but yeah, it's always pretty crowded.

AliCat
06-03-2006, 10:23 PM
When we were there in December, I got the gold ears embroidered at the Star Trader in Tomorrowland. No line and it was very quick to do. Hope this helps!

I Heart Disneyland!
06-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm sure we'll find somewhere to get our hats! .

When you purchase ears anywhere that doesn't do the embroidery, they usually tell you where you CAN get them embroidered. That was my experience anyway. :) Have a great time!!! We were in Mad Hatter a few weeks ago and it really wasn't that crowded. We are so corny, we try on hats and take pictures just for kicks.