PDA

View Full Version : Does Disneyland have a meal package like WDW does?

mom2brent alyssa
06-03-2006, 02:59 PM
We had our first visit to DW in September and the meal package (one sit down, one counter service, and 2 snacks a day I believe per person) was thrown in for free. We really enjoyed it and ate at a lot of places we wouldn't have. Just wondering if DL has a similiar meal package.

Thanks!

Karin
06-04-2006, 11:55 AM
We had our first visit to DW in September and the meal package (one sit down, one counter service, and 2 snacks a day I believe per person) was thrown in for free. We really enjoyed it and ate at a lot of places we wouldn't have. Just wondering if DL has a similiar meal package.

Thanks!

I don't believe so, no.

SneakyStella
06-04-2006, 01:34 PM
DL does have a meal package that is available for guests that make reservations through Walt Disney Travel Company, though it is not free.
It works well for some and not so well for others. If you do a search you will find several threads on this subject but I'll give you a few tips for using them if you so choose.

They're not the way to go if you are just looking for a bargain. As I said above, they are not free. You actually pay for the whole value of the vouchers minus a few dollars at best. People find them to be benificial in that they are paid for ahead of time. See it more as a budgeting tool. If you have a hard time saving up spending money before a trip (like me), this is one less thing to worry about saving for, as WDTC packages have to be paid in advance. If you do decide this will help with budgeting there are some things to keep in mind.

1. Remember that you paid full price for them and you don't get change back from them. Always use the full value. For example, when using a snack voucher with an approx. value of $5.00, don't buy just one churro, buy two and pay the minimal difference.

2. Buy for less days then you are actually there so you aren't locked into eating at DL or DCA.

3. Each voucher has a value assigned to it but doesn't necessarily mean that is what it has to be used for. If you have a big family and are all getting Dole Whips you can use a meal voucher instead of multiple snack vouchers and likeways, you can use snack vouchers in restaurants.

4. Unfortunately, the vouchers aren't scanned, the CM's have to enter the long codes for them by hand. Usually this isn't a problem but occasionally you get a new CM or one that's in a hurry and things don't go so smoothly. I'm not complaining, it is just something to be aware of if you are usually in a hussle mode at DL. Also, not all CM's know the correct protocol for collecting the vouchers. Some make you remove them, some say they have to remove them, for this reason it is best to leave them intact until a CM tells you to pull them out.

Lots of other things I know I'm missing but I'm sure others will chime in.

TripleTrouble
06-04-2006, 05:38 PM
We have done the meal voucher plan at Disneyland twice. The first time was three years ago and it worked well. The vouchers were the same size as your entry ticket and they weren't bound. We would just take some of them with us each time we went to the park. We didn't end up with any left over vouchers and we ate well. The second time was two years ago and it was a disaster. They changed the way the vouchers were used. They were bound in booklets for each person and the booklets were the size of a checkbook. They could only be torn out at the time of use by the castmember. Many of the dining locations were confused about the voucher system and the server would argue that they didn't take them. We would have to ask for a manager who would look at them and agree that they were valid. After all of the difficulties that trip, we decided that we would not use them again. Like the previous posts say, you don't save any money.