PDA

View Full Version : The new Lunch and Dinner menus for the Blue Bayou

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Darkbeer
06-03-2006, 10:57 AM
I posted this in another thread, but someone suggested I post it in a new thread so more folks would see it....

BLUE BAYOU - LUNCH MENU

Appetizers:
Isla Cruces Crab Cakes - Pan seared, then topped with mango salad and zesty lime aioli 11.99
Gulf-Stream Jumbo Shrimp Remoulade - Creole boiled, chilled, and with a traditional Louisiana-style remoulade 9.99

Entrees: Each entree served with choice of Cajun-inspired wedge salad or a cup of our signature New Orleans gumbo. Accompany your meal with two of the following: Blue Bayou potatoes, seasonal vegetables, or sautéed spinach.
Buccaneer's Beef Short Ribs - slow-roasted, then finished in a Zinfandel demi glaze 26.99
Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya - a robust combination of king crab, jumbo gulf shrimp, mahi mahi, tasso ham, andouille sausage, and chicken, tossed with Cajun-style "dirty rice" 25.99
Five-Pepper Roasted Prime Rib of Beef - seasoned with the Chef's signature pepper rub blend, then slow roasted over rock salt 29.99
Cajun-Spiced Salmon - blackened, with citrus crawfish beurre blanc 26.99
Tesora Island Chicken - blackened, roasted and finished to perfection in pan au jus 24.99
Port Royal Mahi Mahi - broiled and accompanied with lightly sautéed pecan-crusted jumbo gulf shrimp, spinach and endive, tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette 27.99
Portobello Mushroom and Couscous Maque Choux - marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette, then broiled and served with roasted corn and bell-pepper couscous and sautéed spinach 24.99
Molasses-Brined Bayou Pork Chop - 10 oz. chop, pan-seared and topped with sautéed Granny Smith apple wedges 25.99
Le Special de Monte Cristo - Turkey, ham and Swiss cheese in a battered egg bread, lightly fried to a golden brown 18.99

Desserts: Each treasured treat comes with a "Pirates" booty keepsake!
Tortuga Trio of Creme Brule - chocolate, passion fruit and vanilla-bean custards, caramelized and served with Brittany cookies 7.99
The Key West, Key Lime - Flaky crust filled with tangy key-lime citrus crème 7.99
The Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat - Warm chocolate chip cookie boat, served with Dreyer's vanilla bean ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauce 8.99

Split Plate Charge $4.99

Darkbeer
06-03-2006, 10:58 AM
BLUE BAYOU - DINNER MENU
Appetizers:
Isla Cruces Crab Cakes - Pan seared, then topped with mango salad and zesty lime aioli 8.99
Gulf-Stream Jumbo Shrimp Remoulade - Creole boiled, chilled, and with a traditional Louisiana-style remoulade 8.99

Entrees: Each entree served with choice of Cajun-inspired wedge salad or a cup of our signature New Orleans gumbo. Accompany your meal with two of the following: Blue Bayou potatoes, seasonal vegetables, or sautéed spinach.
Buccaneer's Beef Short Ribs - slow-roasted, then finished in a Zinfandel demi glaze 26.99
Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya - a robust combination of king crab, jumbo gulf shrimp, mahi mahi, tasso ham, andouille sausage, and chicken, tossed with Cajun-style "dirty rice" 25.99
Five-Pepper Roasted Prime Rib of Beef - seasoned with the Chef's signature pepper rub blend, then slow roasted over rock salt 29.99
Alaskan King Crab Legs - A succulent, sweet pound of crab from the icy cold waters of the Pacific Northwest. Delicately steamed and served with herb beurre blanc 34.99
Filet Mignon - Broiled to perfection and topped with sauce béarnaise 33.99
Port Royal Mahi Mahi - broiled and accompanied with lightly sautéed pecan-crusted jumbo gulf shrimp, spinach and endive, tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette 27.99
Tesora Island Chicken - blackened, roasted and finished to perfection in pan au jus 24.99
Portobello Mushroom and Couscous Maque Choux - marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette, then broiled and served with roasted corn and bell-pepper couscous and sautéed spinach 24.99
Molasses-Brined Bayou Pork Chop - 10 oz. chop, pan-seared and topped with sautéed Granny Smith apple wedges 25.99
Cajun-Spiced Salmon - blackened, with citrus crawfish beurre blanc 26.99

Desserts: Each treasured treat comes with a "Pirates" booty keepsake!
Tortuga Trio of Creme Brule - chocolate, passion fruit and vanilla-bean custards, caramelized and served with Brittany cookies7.99
The Key West, Key Lime - Flaky crust filled with tangy key-lime citruscrème 7.99
The Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat - Warm chocolate chip cookie boat, served with Dreyer's vanilla bean ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauce 8.99

Split Plate Charge $4.99

cstephens
06-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Not that I go there very often, but the menu doesn't look that different to me. Maybe that's just because they still have on the menu the things I have ordered in the past.

Disney seems to be moving more and more to the route of increasing prices by including more things, whether you want them or not. I've never had a Monte Cristo, but I'm thinking that someone who wants it for lunch isn't necessarily going to want a soup or salad and sides with it. OK, lots of food - order one and share. Then they ding you with the $4.99 split plate charge. They did the inclusion thing a while back at French Market, where entrees come with a side salad. Not really a problem for me since I used to order a side salad anyway, but for someone who doesn't want a salad, they're paying for something they don't want.

We're probably going in July for lunch - at least I know I'll have leftovers to take with me.

MrsG
06-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Everything looks yummy... but Holy Crap! Did it get expensive!!

DangerMouse
06-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Oh yeah, in true Disney fashion, HUGE price increase! :rolleyes:

kimmybear
06-03-2006, 11:37 AM
we know it's Disney, but WOW!!! 25+ for a lunch entree??? who are we dining with? the queen of england??? :D

MammaSilva
06-03-2006, 11:38 AM
eh for 5 bucks charge to share, I'll order the Monte Cristo to go and ask for extra Jam!

Micki0624
06-03-2006, 11:41 AM
And did you see the $4.99 Split Plate charge. They know people can't eat all that.

DangerMouse
06-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Anybody wanna guess why the appetizers cost more on the lunch menu?

CrazyTrain
06-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Also, the menu will have a picture of two Pirates people - I think Johnny Depp and Barbrossa :???: for the summer. If you ask the resrevations people to send you a pdf of the new menu, you'll be able to see what it looks like. :)

It's so expensive now :( Yeah you get more food but that monte cristo ws already WAY too much food. :( Oh well.

kiwifuz
06-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Ummm no price difference from lunch to dinner now? Why have different menus then?

Personally I don't want a meal with soup or salad, and sides. I mean it's lunch, the old portions were big enough without sides and stuff. Maybe I'll got and have an appetizer & dessert....

Perhaps I'll eat there again, but I'm not so sure anymore. Those are the kind of meals I'd eat out of the park and have left overs to bring back and put in the fridge.

Drince88
06-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Is it common in Southern California to charge for splitting a plate?

06-03-2006, 12:45 PM
The profit margin on the monte cristo has to be enormous. It's basically a deep-fried grilled cheese with turkey and ham - costs maybe $2 to make, at the most?

adriennek
06-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Is it common in Southern California to charge for splitting a plate?

Not that I've seen. Doc and I split plates frequently without a fee. But I know that a lot more people split at Blue Bayou than most restaurants. Many times I'll go out to eat with friends and everyone gets his/her own dish. Take the same group to BB and everyone starts around the table "OK, who wants to split a Monte Cristo with me?"

Adrienne

SoCalDisneyLover
06-03-2006, 01:02 PM
The new Jambalaya sounds good, but $26? And $19 for Monte Cristo? At Lunch? With drink and tax, you're looking at over $25 easy, and that's assuming an AP discount to offset tip.

I think I'm going to be spending a lot less time eating here in the future. Such a shame. And I'm sure whatever Monte Cristo they have at Cafe Orleans won't be the same. A jump from $14 to $19 for Monte Cristo and $17 to $26 for Jambalaya is just a bit ridiculous.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-03-2006, 01:48 PM
With those prices, a person will only be able to eat 1 decent meal per day. WOW!
I will still eat there, one time per trip. It is all about atmosphere.

AngelBear
06-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Whoa! I'm sad about the prices too. Guess we won't be eating there our next trip this summer...:crying: Man that sucks! We used to love it because a few dollars more for that atmosphere was worth it, especially when we can only go down there maybe once a year. But now, not so much...

RStar
06-03-2006, 02:03 PM
I don't know..... is $26 to $35 per plate a lot for an upscale resturaunt?

Sure it's a park eatery, but it's more than that. I think for the atmosphere it's worth it for a once in a while type. If they take care of some of the staffing issues that have made it a not so great experience, that is.

Their goal sounds like they want to kick it up a notch, better food and better service. To me, then it will be worth it. And tie it in to extra Pirates decore in the area, and the new fix on the ride, it will be a worth while trip for me. A once a year trip, mind you. And with the higher prices, maybe it will be easier to get in!:|

FunMom
06-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks Darkbeer. Is this the complete lunch menu? I've noticed that lighter entree items like salads and sandwiches other than the Monte Cristo are missing, as well as more appetizer choices. Is it possible that more items will be added later?

I can't imagine eating such a heavy meal then running around the park some more - I'd want to take a nap!

hlbtimes2
06-03-2006, 02:33 PM

Sure it's a park eatery, but it's more than that. I think for the atmosphere it's worth it for a once in a while type. If they take care of some of the staffing issues that have made it a not so great experience, that is.

Their goal sounds like they want to kick it up a notch, better food and better service. To me, then it will be worth it. And tie it in to extra Pirates decore in the area, and the new fix on the ride, it will be a worth while trip for me. A once a year trip, mind you. And with the higher prices, maybe it will be easier to get in!:|

I wouldnt call BB "upscale". Yes, its the nicest place in DL (other then 33 of course), but its just not that great. For the prices they are going to be charging they are really going to bring it up a notch from where it was.

cstephens
06-03-2006, 05:15 PM

For lunch, yes.

Crazy4DL
06-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Does someone know if you can do take out on any of the BB menu?

I like MS's idea of take out Monte Cristo with extra jam.

Wondering if anything else would work as take out or if they would even do that . . . like the creme brule? :D

experiment626
06-03-2006, 06:08 PM
BLUE BAYOU - LUNCH MENU

For comparision I checked DLResortinfo.com:
As of 6/05
Roast Prime Rib of Beef
With creamy horseradish sauce and au jus accompanied by our famous Blue Bayou potatoes and a southern style popover brimming with sautéed vegetables. $17.99

So $12 for a salad and a pepper rub?

keschy
06-03-2006, 06:11 PM
It's too bad the prices have gone up so much,especially for lunch.We would go at lunch time to save some money but I guess that won't work as well now! We normally go there once a visit and I suppose we still will just for the ambience. I wasn't a fan of the old chicken dish that came with pasta so I'm excited to try this new dish. The desserts look great too! It would be nice just to go in for dessert and coffee to get out the hustle and bustle of the park. The Blue Bayou will always be one of my favorite restaurants because it's so special.

PS. about charging $ to split a plate...it must depend on the restaurant because here in Oregon I don't normally run into that but we were on the coast last month and the place we went to charged for splitting a plate. Guess it isn't just a California thing...

Opus1guy
06-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Yikes! Those are expensive prices! Especially for Lunch! And the price of the Monte Cristo??? Ouch! :(

But Thanks for the preview, Darkbeer. :)