PDA

View Full Version : A quick info update from the DLR - 6/2/06

Darkbeer
06-03-2006, 01:27 AM
First, some info from the current CM Guide....

Cafe Orleans is now scheduled to open on June 10th (instead of the 9th)

Pirates and the Blue Bayou are still listed as reopening on Monday, June 26th.

The Mad Hatter on Main Street is currently closed, and scheduled to reopen on June 30th.

The Fantasyland Camera Kiosk (near iasw) will be closed from June 5th thru the 15th.

June 24th has been added as a block-out date for all Main Entrance Admission Passes and Cast Member IDs at both theme parks.

Let me quote from the CM Guide...

BLOCKOUT DATE ADDED

On Saturday, June 24, DIsneyland Park will host invited Guests for the world premiere of Walt Disney Pictures 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". The event will be held in New Orleans Square and will be limited to invited Guests only, including the cast, filmmakers, celebrities and media represenative from all over the world.

To support the event, Theme Park and location hours have been revised and plans have been developed to provide a seamless experience for our Resort Guests. Therefore, to ensure that our guests may enjoy the magic of the Resort, June 24 has been added as a blockout date for all Cast Member Main Entrance Admission Passes (silver, blue and green passes) and Disneyland Resort Cast Member IDs at both Disneyland Park and Disney's California Adventure Park.

Also, Annual Pass holders, ONLY the Premium AP's are valid for entry on June 24th, all other AP's are blocked out.

And from Disneyland.com....

50th Last Chance Sweepstakes!

The 50th Anniversary Celebration of DisneylandŽ Park won't last forever, but you can enter the 50th Last Chance Sweepstakes for your chance to win a piece of this historic Disney event! But hurry, your last chance to enter is July 31, 2006. To enter you must be registered with disneyland.com and select "Enter 50th Last Chance Sweepstakes".

Fifty Disneyland 50th Anniversary commemorative prizes will be awarded to 50 random winners. The prizes are:

ONE (1) Grand Prize: Framed Disneyland 50th Commemorative Pressed Penny Collection

TEN (10) 2nd Place Prizes: Framed 50th Anniversary Souvenir Map with Commemorative Pins

TEN (10) 3rd Place Prizes: Framed 50th Anniversary Golden Mouse Ears with Commemorative Pins

TWENTY-NINE (29) 4th Place Prizes: 50th Anniversary Commemorative 2 CD Set: The Official Album of the DisneylandŽ Resort

Also, let me add, I stopped by Disneyland this afternoon, and they removed the walls from the small area near the French Market, that some claimed was going to be a stage.

It looks like just a new staircase was added to the west end, that faces the Rivers of America, and a new end piece was added (basically a planter).

The staircase area might end up being used as a stage, but it LOOKS like the rest of the area......

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1521256 (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1521256)

And for the Jewel of Orleans fans, they just got in 50 new pieces of Jewelry today!!!

Micki0624
06-03-2006, 05:17 AM
My Birthday is on June 24th and we could go to the parks but I want to go to the premier. Needless to say my hubby has tired every resource online and I know it's impossible :crying: Wouldn't that have been a great birthday present.

Gone2Disneyland
06-03-2006, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the update, Darkbeer. I was sorta looking forward to being a Disney freak and heading out in the wee hours of June 24 to try and grab a place in line on the red carpet. But something recently came up and now I can't head out until 1pm that day. By the time I'd get to there, the park'll probably be at capacity, eh? Surely Main Street will be packed. Guess I'll have to live vicariously again thru the eyes of others who attend and post their experiences here about that day.

nursemelis374
06-03-2006, 09:13 AM
I was there yesterday too and I must say, in the morning the lines to get in the park were crazy! The crowds were tolerable on the inside, there were tons of school groups and we actually almost saw somebody almost fall out of Splash because they were standing!

potterphreak
06-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Gorgeous as usual!! Thanks ever so much!

<snort snort> Still can't get over the Darkbeer Lite comment!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Mickeygirlforever
06-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Am I going to be able to get into Disneyland for the premiere? I mean, will they let me sit on Main Street?

amcutler
06-03-2006, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=Darkbeer][SIZE=2]
The Mad Hatter on Main Street is currently closed, and scheduled to reopen on June 30th.

QUOTE]

Uh oh..this is where I was told to get my mickey ears and have them embroidered (the gold kind)....where else can I get them on the 12th if this is closed till the 30th? :confused:

Darkbeer
06-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Am I going to be able to get into Disneyland for the premiere? I mean, will they let me sit on Main Street?

They have not yet made that info public yet.....

bassett1976
06-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Darkbeer, what is the building at the end of this picture update? The one that is being built.

BQ2
06-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the update DB!
BQ2

Darkbeer
06-03-2006, 09:45 PM
Darkbeer, what is the building at the end of this picture update? The one that is being built.

That is the new Disney's Vacation Club mock-up of one of the Timeshare units you can purchase. It is located at the north end of the Simba Parking Lot near the Bonita Tower of the Disneyland Hotel.

olegc
06-03-2006, 09:47 PM
[QUOTE=Darkbeer][SIZE=2]

QUOTE]

Uh oh..this is where I was told to get my mickey ears and have them embroidered (the gold kind)....where else can I get them on the 12th if this is closed till the 30th? :confused:

MAd Hatter on Main Street, Mod Hatter in Tomorrowland. You can actually get the gold ears in many other locations (emporium, etc.) but embroidery only goes on at specific places...

bassett1976
06-03-2006, 09:47 PM
That is the new Disney's Vacation Club mock-up of one of the Timeshare units you can purchase. It is located at the north end of the Simba Parking Lot near the Bonita Tower of the Disneyland Hotel.

Thank you!

I Heart Disneyland!
06-03-2006, 10:14 PM
Just when I update to a Premium AP...I won't be able to go to DL that date. RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Red Head
06-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Darkbeer,
Is it a mock up of the timeshares they are selling in Florida (Sarasota Springs), or are they finally going to be building something here in California? It has been rumored that they would be building DVC villas at the DLR since they first built the GCH.