PDA

View Full Version : Where is Ariel's Grotto?

amcutler
06-02-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm looking at a map of CA trying to find the Grotto, we have the meet and greet that we were going to go to but I cant figure out where it is. Is it by Golden Zephyr or Sun Wheel or California Screaming or is it in the pacific warf where nothing is marked? This map just shows the rides apparetly..ugh. Anyone have a link to a map that points out rides and where the Grotto is?

hlbtimes2
06-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Its on the bridge that runs between the warf area and paradise pier. If you are looking at the map on the Disneyland.com site, it comes up as "Ariels Disney princess celebration" if you click on the dot.

LInk to map http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/map/mapSWF?name=MapOverviewPage

bradk
06-02-2006, 04:07 PM
if it helps any, here's a photo of it from the orange stinger (which is why it's angled the way it is), but it should help physically put it into perspective with the white paradise pier sign to the left.

http://bradk.smugmug.com/photos/73036367-M.jpg

tlovesdis
06-03-2006, 05:40 AM
Are you talking about the resturant or the place in Disneyland where you can actually meet Ariel? If you are talking about a meet and greet it sounds like you are looking for the spot in Disneyland???

The resturant is right over the bridge from the Bay Area section of DCA. The bridge leads you to Paradise Pier and AG is on the right hand side.

In Disneyland, it is right near ther Matterhorn close to the tomorrowland area.

hlbtimes2
06-03-2006, 06:37 AM
Are you talking about the resturant or the place in Disneyland where you can actually meet Ariel? If you are talking about a meet and greet it sounds like you are looking for the spot in Disneyland???

I think they are looking for the Disney Visa meet and greet/ photo op. Its offered before Ariels opens for dinning.

Darkbeer
06-03-2006, 07:00 AM
Just to clarify, the Disney Visa meet and Greet is located at DCA, downstairs in the Ariel's Grotto restaurant in the Paradise Pier area. This is where Ariel is in her post-marriage version (with legs).

At Disneyland, Ariel's Grotto is part of King Triton's Grotto, which is just off the parade route, basically on the west wall of the BLAB building (Buzz Lightyear). Ariel is featured in a photo op pre-marriage (with tail and clam shells ;)

amcutler
06-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Yes the one I'm looking for is the Visa exclusive meet & greet. That is at DCA right? And do you know the times? if its before they start dining I'm guessing as soon as the park opens. Any help again apprecaited!

Darkbeer
06-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Pretty sure it is from 10 to 11AM, before the restaurant opens for business (11:30 AM)

kimmybear
06-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Just to clarify, the Disney Visa meet and Greet is located at DCA, downstairs in the Ariel's Grotto restaurant in the Paradise Pier area. This is where Ariel is in her post-marriage version (with legs).

is she in her wedding get-up and is Prince Eric there with her? wow. i want to see Ariel with legs... :)

Darkbeer
06-03-2006, 09:53 AM
is she in her wedding get-up and is Prince Eric there with her? wow. i want to see Ariel with legs... :)

She is in a long pale blue gown (aka typical Princess dress), with a starfish in her hair. And Prince Eric is not part of characters at the restaurant... sorry....

WITron
06-05-2006, 08:35 PM
If you are going for the Disney Visa Meet And Greet, there will not be any of the princesses. It will be either Goofy and Mickey or Chip and Dale. When we did it it was Goofy and Mickey.

amcutler
06-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh goodie! Not that my kids wont like to see a princess but they're both boys...so they're all about the Goofy, Donald, Mickey. Thats my 2 year olds favorite word lately. LOL