PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland vacation booked with Costco?

Nancy
06-01-2006, 09:25 PM
I saw today Costco travel is having specials on Disneyland packages and I was wondering if anyone has used them. I wondered too how it rates compared to AAA and Disney Travel. Anyone's thoughts???? Thanks!!

jeffat2
06-02-2006, 08:24 AM
I saw that as well,But I looked at their prices compared to Getaway Today .com. and they were alot higher. 500.00 to 900.00 . Costco travel had one perk that Getaway didnt have but not $400.00 worth. Jeff

JosieGirl71
06-02-2006, 09:10 AM
I did a test run to see what would happen if I booked a DL vacation through Costco. It basically takes you to the Disneyland website (similar to what AAA does) and it is the same prices. However, one of the perks I noticed in booking through Costco is that you get a free character breakfast.

ssturgeo
06-02-2006, 12:18 PM
I got a free charachter breakfast last June when I booked on Disneyland.com for our seven day trip.

hlbtimes2
06-02-2006, 03:40 PM
I just put in some test dates at Getaway, costco and disney travel. Disney and costco were the same price. However, costco gives you a $20 gift card (one per res, not one per person) and a character meal. They both include morning madness, luggage tags and pin/ lanyards. Getawaytoday was about $125 cheaper- but doesn't include the morning madness.

kiwifuz
06-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah I've tried this too. Unfortunately looking at the Good Neighbor Hotels (Homewood Suites & Embassy Suites in particular, gotta love those HHonors Points) it's cheaper to book through the hotel and then buy passes from Disney... No discount from Costco either, identical pricing to disneyland.com like someone else said.

Oh well I was hoping for a deal. Perhaps there is one to be had if you book one of those combo packages that are like a few days in San Diego & a few day at DL or whatever since there are a lot of different hotel options.

But Costco.com is good for buying CityPasses if you're looking for those.

Nancy
06-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Yeah I've tried this too. Unfortunately looking at the Good Neighbor Hotels (Homewood Suites & Embassy Suites in particular, gotta love those HHonors Points) it's cheaper to book through the hotel and then buy passes from Disney...

I noticed Safeway is still selling discounted passes too. (Don't know how long they are selling or when the passes have to be used though.)

UsBurchs
06-03-2006, 04:11 PM
As a former Costco Travel Agent, I'll tell you that most deals at Costco are comparable to AAA, but Cruises are WAY cheaper . . . if you decide to go on a Disney Cruise one day, I'd go with Costco. Disney is just expensive all the way around -hard to find "great deals". Even travel agents don't get a great discount, but I'm not an agent anymore, so it doesn't matter. This year, we only get one night at Disneyland, so I booked with Disney reservations directly ('cause they don't have one-night packages) and my father-in-law, who lives in CA, is buying our tickets for us with his dicount (his gift to us). It works out pretty nicely that way, but not everyone has that CA connection - bummer. Oh, one other thing, if you call Costco to book anything, DON'T call on a Monday - WAY busy and the hold times are awful. Thursdays are good. :) Happy Travels!

Nancy
06-04-2006, 12:35 PM
As a former Costco Travel Agent, I'll tell you that most deals at Costco are comparable to AAA, but Cruises are WAY cheaper . . . if you decide to go on a Disney Cruise one day, I'd go with Costco. Disney is just expensive all the way around -hard to find "great deals". Even travel agents don't get a great discount, but I'm not an agent anymore, so it doesn't matter. This year, we only get one night at Disneyland, so I booked with Disney reservations directly ('cause they don't have one-night packages) and my father-in-law, who lives in CA, is buying our tickets for us with his dicount (his gift to us). It works out pretty nicely that way, but not everyone has that CA connection - bummer. Oh, one other thing, if you call Costco to book anything, DON'T call on a Monday - WAY busy and the hold times are awful. Thursdays are good. :) Happy Travels!

Thank you so much. This is all great info to know.

SeansMom
06-04-2006, 01:36 PM
I spent hours looking at the prices between AAA, Disney Travel, and Costco. In the end, we went with AAA. Costco was about $300 more, for some reason, and we wanted the enhanced fastpass option. If you had lots of kids and were doing the character breakfast, I'd look into Costco as they offer a "free" character meal. It did seem to me, though, that perhaps they bumped their prices a bit to add that in.