PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 5/25 - 5/30

cookie7762
06-01-2006, 06:58 PM
So I won't go into day by day detail, because after being there for 5 days, i really can't remeber every detail of each day. I can say that thursday, friday, monday and tuesday were surpirsingly not at all crowded, considering it was emorial day weekend. We went on saturday, but hardley did anything because the waits were long and the crowds were bad. On sunday we took a day off because we were there for 6 days, but only had a 5 day park hopper ticket. This report might be all over the place as i think of things to mention, so bare with me!
Anyways, we stayed at the embassy sweets on harbor blvd. and were very pleased. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful each day and the two hour free happy hour each evening was wonderful for all of the adults on the trip!
Over the five days we were there we were able to ride everything! Minus the closed attractions, of course. Pirates was desperately missed! If you have not had the pleasure of riding space mountain in the very front row, then I recommend you do that because it is far more awesome from the front without anyones head in front of you to take away from the view! I was very surpirsed to see the upkeep of the park wasn't up to the par it normally is. I chalked it up to the fact that it was still off season, but still! I noticed parts of splash mountain were falling apart or terribly dirty, for example, the character that normally strums the spider webs like a guitar was left simply strumming the air with very loose strings laying in the other hand, and the wheel on the boat in the zipadeedooda section was filthy! Plus the tiki room had cobwebs from the tails of the birds to the corner. Usually things are spotless, so I was just taken back abit that the "attention to detail" seemed overlooked. Also, the cast members did not seem as friendly either. Other than a few things here and there, the park still looked nice.
I took the gallery tour, which I had never done before, so I learned a few things that I didn't know in the past and had the oppotunity to chat with a cast member who was visiting as a guest that day (not working) who took some time to chat with us about changes to DCA. We had spoken with another cast member previously at the 50th video showing (in mr. lincolns theatre) who explained to us that over the next 10 years DCA would no longer be with us because it was determined to be a financial failure in the disney corporation. Disney is planning to slowly convert the park into 2 or three new "lands" and eventually do away with the area between the 2 parks to create one giant disneyland. He even said that they have stopped ordering cups/bags, etc. that say DCA on them because they are fazing it all out. It will be very interesting to see how that turns out (separate thread: what do youthink the new lands will be?)
The fire works were cancelled one night because of wind and I was very afraid that would be the case the entire vacation because it was a bit breezy each day, but we got lucky and they showed them twice more before we left!
Overall it was a pretty good trip, but if I think anything more that is report worthy, I'll be sure to throw it on up here!

Frogberto
06-02-2006, 10:53 AM
...We had spoken with another cast member ...who explained to us that over the next 10 years DCA would no longer be with us because it was determined to be a financial failure in the disney corporation. Disney is planning to slowly convert the park into 2 or three new "lands" and eventually do away with the area between the 2 parks to create one giant disneyland. He even said that they have stopped ordering cups/bags, etc. that say DCA on them because they are fazing it all out. ...

Wow, that is news, that has been pure speculation to this point. I know that cast members don't have the best track record, and it's hard to believe this would be a "fix", financially, but interesting to note nonetheless.

The old man
06-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Wow, that is news, that has been pure speculation to this point. I know that cast members don't have the best track record, and it's hard to believe this would be a "fix", financially, but interesting to note nonetheless.
This sounds like a rumour without merit.