PDA

View Full Version : 1958 Disneyland Wall Map

nic7ang
06-01-2006, 05:33 PM
I have a 1958 Disneyland Wall Map that I am thinking about putting up for sale on Ebay and I am not sure what price to ask for it. I have been told that it is an "A" map and has green water around Adventure Land. Does anyone know a web site that I can go to for information about this map. I would like to know a little bit more about it before I sell it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Opus1guy
06-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know a web site that I can go to for information about this map. I would like to know a little bit more about it before I sell it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.billlund.com/Mousemaps/map1958.html

Karin
06-01-2006, 09:26 PM
http://www.billlund.com/Mousemaps/map1958.html

Great link! Thanks!

So once one has identified which map it is they have (I also have one of the 1958 maps) how does one go about determining it's value?

Opus1guy
06-01-2006, 10:02 PM
So once one has identified which map it is they have (I also have one of the 1958 maps) how does one go about determining it's value?

I really don't know. If you're going to sell it on eBay it's likely going to go for whatever the market will offer for it. You might try checking any similar maps that are currently up for bidding just to get an idea. You could also check "Recently Closed Auctions" to see what some recent auctions yielded on similar maps.

darph nader
06-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Great link! Thanks!

Like you said,put it on e-bay and let the FUN begin.

p.s. i've got $50.00 i did'nt tell my wife about.:cool:

Karin
06-02-2006, 10:16 AM
p.s. i've got $50.00 i did'nt tell my wife about.:cool:

Thnaks, but as self-professed Disney freaks, we really enjoy it and plan to keep it. Was just curious about it's value.

Now if you'd said you had $5,000 you didn't tell your wife about...

Rob9874
06-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Whereas I'm not a map expert, I am an eBay expert. The best way to determine an item's value is to search completed listings. A search for "1958 Disneyland Map" brough up 3 results. Some were different maps that the one you have. I'm assuming yours is the 30"x45" wall map. There is only one from the completed searches, and it did not receive any bids for the opening bid of $49.99. There's one listed now for $699.99, obviously with no bids. There's another one currently listed (Item#: 6633194423) with a current bid of $26. I would watch that one, and see what it ends for. That would give you some idea of the value (even though it's only 1 data point). However, I would think that if it's worth $50 or more, the $49.99 one would have sold.

darph nader
06-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Thnaks, but as self-professed Disney freaks, we really enjoy it and plan to keep it. Was just curious about it's value.

Now if you'd said you had $5,000 you didn't tell your wife about...

I WISH! 5Gs would go a long way towards our next D/L trip.:cool: