PDA

View Full Version : Toontown Morning Madness Question... please help!

Iluvwalt
06-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Hi,
I am an annual passholder and feeling "left out"..... I keep hearing about these Toontown Morning Madness or Early Entrance tickets that people get when they book vacation packages through AAA or something. I want to join in on the fun too....so I went on e-bay and am watching some Morning Madness tickets, but it says on the ticket that you need to show a Disneyland multi-day pass with the Morning Madness ticket to get into Toontown early....My question is....would my annual passport count as the multi-day ticket? Have any other annual passholders tried this? I don't want to bid on these tickets and get turned away at the Toontown gate so I am hoping some of you wise Disneys can help me out!
Thanks a ton!!

bradk
06-01-2006, 04:00 PM
i've done the toontown madness 4 times now and i've NEVER had to present anything except the pass to get in.

DangerMouse
06-01-2006, 04:03 PM
We were AP holders last year and were given passes by a family in the Teacup line who couldn't use them. We used them with no problem.

SeansMom
06-01-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all you have to do after you enter the park is go to Toontown and present your tickets to the CM who is "guarding" the gates. That CM will take your tickets (more like a voucher) and admit you to Toontown. If memory serves, you'd go straight to Toontown at park opening for this.

I'm not sure it's worth the price their going for on ebay. It's only one hour. Maybe others have an opinion on this?

Iluvwalt
06-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Thank you all very much!! I would love to know from others if it is worth the e-bay price. I saw two postings...a set of four vouchers is going for a "buy it now price" of $200.00 Another set of 4 vouchers is currently going for $40.00! I am always looking to have another special experience at the park...someday I'll get in to Club 33 :)

Iluvwalt
06-01-2006, 04:20 PM
We were AP holders last year and were given passes by a family in the Teacup line who couldn't use them. We used them with no problem.

Very Lucky for you, and how nice of that other family...much more generous than selling them on e-bay!! We too are from "hotter than hell" Arizona...currently 105 degrees!

bradk
06-01-2006, 04:23 PM
i've always obtained them at $15 per, which seems to be the going rate. the last time I bought them, I actually contacted the buyer who was originally selling them as part of a lot with other items and I asked if the lot didn't sell if I could purchase the passes alone.

it's a pretty fun experience. they changed it up a bit in the past year or so. the neatest change is they all do meet & greets after the ceremony by their respective homes (or boat in Donald's case). you can see in my photos, it's a neat way to get a photo-op with Mickey & Minnie right in front of their homes.

emmah
06-01-2006, 04:26 PM
...a set of four vouchers is going for a "buy it now price" of $200.00 Another set of 4 vouchers is currently going for $40.00!

wow! there is no way TTMM is worth $200! It's a pretty tame experience really - we went along with our free vouchers, one morning after we had been in FL for early entry. it was a lovely break after running around for an hour in FL; basically you stand around for an hour and watch the characters conduct a citizenship ceremony. there is a bit of song and dance, and everyone gets a badge identifying them as citizens of toontown, and one family was picked as hononary citizens for the day. it was a great photo opportunity for the characters, but really, there is no way I would have paid anything like $200 for the hour! possibly, if you were really really keen and cashed up, the $40 for 4 option might prove value for money. and re: the question about using the vouchers with APs - this is not a problem. A cast member stands at the entrance and collects the piece of paper with the pass on it, but they don't ask to see you admission media.

bradk
06-01-2006, 04:41 PM
I have to disagree somewhat. while I wouldn't pay more than $15/ticket, it's a great experience.

the ceremony itself is about 15 minutes and is completely optional. all of toon town is completely open. there's a little parade that leads up to the ceremony as well which can be seen from anywhere in that half of toontown (between city hall and the go coaster).

don't get caught in the meet & greet trap. gadget's go coaster is a literal walk on. you can breeze through mickey & minnie's homes and right there, you've saved yourself almost 2 hours of touring time had you tried later on in the day.

MileHighAko
06-01-2006, 04:45 PM
We went to Toon Town Madness yesterday (Wednesday) morning. After polling the kids and my wife, I very much doubt we’d make any effort to do it again. Here is how it went:

* 7:45 AM – Leave hotel, park, take tram to gates, wait in line (9AM opening)
* 8:30 AM – Enter park, put frozen water bottles and snacks in locker, wait at rope
* 9:00 AM – Speed walk with kids in tow (DS 10, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2) to Toon Town
* 9:02 AM – I realize we’re just one of MANY families doing the same thing
* 9:05 AM – Hand vouchers to guard and enter Toon Town
* 9:06 AM – Crowd around Disney characters to try and get autographs and photos. Hey, why is everyone so push. Oh yeah, it’s the normal “mass assault on Disney characters because there isn’t any civil way to get my kid in front of them”.
* 9:10 AM – Give up on the characters… we’ll see them at breakfast anyway. Lets ride the roller coaster.
* 9:11 AM – Oh, the roller coaster doesn’t open until AFTER the Madness ceremony that starts at 9:25 AM. Okay, what now.
* 9:12 AM – Walk through Donald’s house, take a few pictures (http://cartwrights.smugmug.com/photos/72667395-M.jpg). Okay, that’s nice.
* 9:15 AM – Wait for 10 minutes with everyone else at city hall for the Madness ceremony so we can get on with our day.
* 9:25 AM – Now this feels more like it. Everyone is crowded around, my kids can’t see, but at least the show is going to start.
* 9:30 AM – The show is cute. But kids are a little bored. They have the “Brown” family from Arizona as the Honorary Family of the Day on stage getting a lot of attention. That’s nice for them, but we really don’t care. That gesture doesn’t make us feel all that included (I guess we’re selfish to feel that way, so now I feel guilty).
* 9:35 AM – Okay, rush off to ride the coaster, and roger rabbit. Cool, no lines. But still, not that big of a deal.
* 10:00 AM – Everyone else is pouring into Toon Town. Can it really get more crowded? The Morning Madness wasn’t any less crowded than it is any other time of the day.

Okay, so I guess you can see I wasn’t very impressed. Would we do it again? Nope. That first hour at Disneyland is too precious to spend in Toon Town. If they did it like Early Entry, of course we’d do it. But as it is, we could have rode several rides, gotten two sets of Fast Passes, and otherwise had a much better time.

bradk
06-01-2006, 04:51 PM
weird. go coaster was always open the entire time when i was there. in fact, i just checked my photos and i had photos taken from the ride at 9:15 am

the only attractions that had closed were mickey & minnie's homes in anticipation of the meet & greet there after the ceremony.

DangerMouse
06-01-2006, 08:43 PM
I tend to agree with Mile High. Even if we were given free tickets again, I doubt we would use them. Toon Town is NOT one of my favorite places, though.