PDA

View Full Version : Special Touches for Princess- obsessed daughter's b-day trip to DLR?

anabananasings
06-01-2006, 01:57 PM
My daughter turns 3 next weekend, and we have a trip to DLR planned. I was wondering if any of you have any special tips for us- how can I make this a special DLR trip for her- we go every month- She is obsessed with the Princesses, and Minnie. Thanks, in advance, for your help!

bradk
06-01-2006, 02:02 PM
obviously Ariel's Grotto at DCA for a princess meal?

you might be able to get a princess birthday bucket there as well - just don't eat the cake.

get the birthday sticker. every day.

Cindy, Aurora, Snow and Belle all have scheduled appearances through most of the day around the castle. Ariel is close by.

also check times at DCA for 'drawn to the magic' as it involves 3 characters (Cindy was always one of them when I saw it) and then they go into the animation building in the meet & greet area afterwards.

there's also a storytelling inside the Once Upon a Time princess shop that's hosted by one of the princesses.

you can do the happiest birthday on earth at the plaza inn for $10pp (?). there's a meet & greet with mickey and minnie there.

DianeM
06-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Is she going to dress like a princess? That would be my number one tip - get her the full getup, from tiara on out, of the princess of her choice.

My daughter turns 3 next weekend, and we have a trip to DLR planned. I was wondering if any of you have any special tips for us- how can I make this a special DLR trip for her- we go every month- She is obsessed with the Princesses, and Minnie. Thanks, in advance, for your help!

dxcspilk
06-01-2006, 02:06 PM
My Princess is turning 4 Tomorrow. We are leaving for Disney the next morning. I bought her a "Happy Birthday" crown, that I am going to have her wear. We are taking her to Ariel's Grotto for dinner (where she will be dressed as a princess). I am hoping the crown will get her some "Happy Birthday"'s and make her feel special.

anabananasings
06-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks so much for these ideas! I have one more question- the storytelling by the princesses? Do you know how I can find out the time that happens? I haven't seen it...
We have reservations at Ariel's grotto for lunch on Saturday, and she will be dressed as a princess, for sure! :D

Jewels
06-01-2006, 02:29 PM
City Hall should be able to tell you times for storying telling.

bradk
06-01-2006, 02:30 PM
i think it's on the entertainment guide? if not, be sure to ask when you go to city hall for the birthday sticker.

you might also want to check out the sword in the stone ceremony if it's being performed that day (that definitely is on the guide) and watch the show by the ropes on the sides (it'll be more clear when you see it).

also, if it's important to you, be mindful of the crowd. ironically, every day but saturday when i was there off-peak, the place filled up about half an hour before the storytelling even began.

cinderella also had the longest meet & greet lines. if she was scheduled to show up at 2 (for a 45 minute set), the line would be closed off by 2:05. people would line up right when she left one set to make sure they got to see her next.

for general stuff, experiment with the main street vehicles. if you ride the firetruck, she can ring the bell. she might be able to sit up front on the horse drawn carriage.

you might want to check out the junior chef program where she can 'bake' cookies.

DangerMouse
06-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks so much for these ideas! I have one more question- the storytelling by the princesses? Do you know how I can find out the time that happens? I haven't seen it...
We have reservations at Ariel's grotto for lunch on Saturday, and she will be dressed as a princess, for sure! :D

The princess storytelling happens at 11:30, 12:30 and 1:30 in the Princess shop on the left side of the castle. You can check with City Hall for the daily schedule of who is appearing at what time, or the CM's at the store can find out that information for you as well. Make sure you arrive about 15-20 minutes early to get the best seats and know in advance that there is a mad rush for the photo-taking line-up right after the story is over, so be prepared!

Rteneyck
06-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Are you staying at any of the Disney Hotels? We went for my daughter's 5th b-day last year and we stayed at the GCH. When we checked in they gave her a bunch of balloons and a birthday pin. Later when we came back to the room for bedtime, there was a message light blinking on the phone. I called downstairs and they said that they had a package for her. When my husband went down to pick it up, in an envelope was an 8x10 of Minnie mouse autographed and one of both her and Mickey Mouse also autographed by both them. I was very impressed with the special treatment she received and it made her feel extra special. We have framed the pictures and hung them on her wall in her room and she shows them to everyone that still wants to look at them:D

anabananasings
06-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks, You Guys! You are all awesome!!! I am gonna make this her special day. She is the youngest, and my son and husband tend to monopolize the Disneyland experience, never letting her spend time meeting princesses, go on the rides she wants, etc. This time, it is ALL EMMALEE!!! With your help, this should be one birthday she will never forget!

jldev
06-02-2006, 12:37 AM
We recently got back from Disneyland and we did a Princess Lunch at Ariels Grotto while there. It was a great way to see the Princesses and our girls got to meet Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine, Mulan and of course Ariel. I had read a tip somewhere to go armed with questions for each Princess our girls did. This way the Princess would stop and chat as well as pose for a picture. My niece had also done little drawings for each Princess, before the lunch, so as each one came around they seemed quite happy at her thoughtfulness.

disneyochem
06-02-2006, 05:47 AM
If you are staying at a resort hotel, then call VP early for special princess touches in the room. Last time we stayed at GCH, my daughter was in an Aurora phase. In our room, we had free balloons, princess goodie bag and an autographed picture of Aurora for my daughter. She absolutely loved it!