PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln

taingirlsmom
06-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Is the Lincoln show open during the 50th?

Did the Alladin show in DL reopen?

Thank you for the help!

bradk
06-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Mr. Lincoln is temporarily displaced. I guess he should be back by October, but I don't think a specific date has been mentioned.

I don't recall reading anything about Aladdin closing at all? It was on a reduced schedule, at least in the off season.

the Snow White show at Fantasyland Theatre on the other hand had been closed for the off season. I think it's set to re-open for the summer and then close permanently.

charpaul
06-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Mr. Lincoln is temporarily being replaced by the 50th Anniversary Tribute Movie - hosted by Steve Martin. He should be back at the end of the 50th…….

Aladdin and Jasmine story telling area in DL has closed for now - reports are that there in no emergency exit for this location and until that is fixed the Fire Marshall is not allowing them to use if for the show.

Snow-White is in rehearsal even as we speak. There were people in the Fantasyland Theater last week working on lighting, sets, and sound. I do not know if they were actually rehearsing in the theater yet or not. CM told me that they would be starting to perform it again THIS week????? Rumors are that this show will go down at the end of summer and close permanently……

bradk
06-01-2006, 01:33 PM
oh whoops! the storytelling at Aladdin's Oasis! that explains the DL part.

sorry for not getting it.

it's been used for a meet & greet spot as of late I believe. and yes, the storytelling is closed indefinitely, despite the fact that there was a sign saying 'sorry, no shows today' suggesting there might be some tomorrow. like how ITTBAB was closed for refurb but still had a 9 minute standby time, confusing the heck out of people.

taingirlsmom
06-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Thank you for the help! We tried to see the storytelling last time we were there but got rained out so was looking forward to it this time, oh, well.:crying:

MileHighAko
06-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Aladin & Jasmine were signing autographs yesterday and today in the doorway of the building. They moved the "sorry no shows today" sign to the side turing this time.

As for Snow White, guest services told me June 9th was the opening of the show for this season.

darph nader
06-02-2006, 11:09 PM
LINCOLN! The Man,the car,the tunnel.j/k I love the Lincoln show.

btw is the scale model still in the opera hall?

ThomasCanty
06-02-2006, 11:25 PM
I do not know if they were actually rehearsing in the theater yet or not.

I heard them rehearsing on Thursday and also on Wednesday last week. The barriers around the theater are still up so I couldn't see anything except the mirror moving around.

Darkbeer
06-03-2006, 02:01 AM
The Snow White cast was rehearsing Friday around 4 PM, they were not in costume, but walking thru the show, and while I could hear the Magic Mirror (Patrick Stewart), the Mirror itself did not come down from the upper stage area. (I was hoping for a photo op...)

As mentioned above, the first day of shows scheduled for public viewing is Friday, June 9th.

Micki0624
06-03-2006, 05:14 AM
The Snow White cast was rehearsing Friday around 4 PM, they were not in costume, but walking thru the show, and while I could hear the Magic Mirror (Patrick Stewart), the Mirror itself did not come down from the upper stage area. (I was hoping for a photo op...)

As mentioned above, the first day of shows scheduled for public viewing is Friday, June 9th.

I really didn't like the Snow White show as much as others I have seen there. Beauty and the Beast was far superior.

charpaul
06-03-2006, 06:26 AM
btw is the scale model still in the opera hall?

The "Opening Day" model of Disneyland is still there in the Opera House - as well as the Space Mtn model.