PDA

View Full Version : Monte Cristo to go?

potterphreak
06-01-2006, 09:55 AM
I am going for half a day in July ALL BY MYSELF (yay!) and I would LOVE a Monte Cristo from Blue Bayou but would really hate to "waste" my precious few hours at a restaurant I have eaten at a hundred times this year (ok, not 100, but 5 times is a LOT!)
Soooo my question is:
Do you think I can order like, 2 Montes to go from the check-in counter or something? Or should I get a table and then request 2 to go? LOL Thanks in advance for any and all info, I am really looking forward to getting the O for my ABC's of Disneyland scrapbook (O is for On My Own! LOL)

adriennek
06-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Yes, you can!

Edited to add: I think you just order them at the check-in counter. You don't need to get a table.

Adrienne

bradk
06-01-2006, 09:57 AM
someone on here has reported it's possible.

also, i was told the new cafe orleans will be serving a 'modified' monte cristo.

evrythngwmn
06-01-2006, 10:17 AM
yes, clicky here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=691674&postcount=155) for a previous thread.

Mommy2NicknMax
06-01-2006, 10:54 AM
I know you can as I've done it in the past. They will check with the kitchen and if they're not to busy, they'll make you one or two or......

My question is are they going to continue to serve it? I thought the BB was going to stop with them and only Cafe Orleans will have their modified version.

I Heart Disneyland!
06-01-2006, 01:03 PM
My question is are they going to continue to serve it? I thought the BB was going to stop with them and only Cafe Orleans will have their modified version.

Faint! I sure hope this is not the case!!! :eek:

HTanner
06-01-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure they will accommodate you. I know, one time in college, my friends and I had annual passes and went one night to pick up dinner for another friend. We rode one ride, saw the parade, and then got her a corn dog, to go. LOL!!! Yeah, I miss those days!

(WE also studied for finals on Main Street. - - This, of course, was back in the day when annual passes were $99 and did not have too many blackout days.)

Opus1guy
06-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Now...if they would only deliver.

;)

06-01-2006, 02:10 PM
I am going for half a day in July ALL BY MYSELF <snip!>(yay!)
Do you think I can order like, 2 Montes to go from the check-in counter or something? Or should I get a table and then request 2 to go?

Hats off to you if you can eat two monte cristos all by yourself. Your stomach is stronger than mine.

Enter The Mouse
06-01-2006, 02:12 PM
How much do Monte Cristo's cost?

CariBelle
06-01-2006, 02:15 PM
How much do Monte Cristo's cost?

I think it was around 12 dolllars, but I could be wrong.

carolyn
06-02-2006, 07:24 AM
I'm pretty sure they will accommodate you. I know, one time in college, my friends and I had annual passes and went one night to pick up dinner for another friend. We rode one ride, saw the parade, and then got her a corn dog, to go. LOL!!! Yeah, I miss those days!

(WE also studied for finals on Main Street. - - This, of course, was back in the day when annual passes were $99 and did not have too many blackout days.)

I used to study at the Tomorrowland Terrace! :)

potterphreak
06-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Hats off to you if you can eat two monte cristos all by yourself. Your stomach is stronger than mine.

LMAO!!! Ummm no, I can't even finish ONE Monte by myself. The day I am at Disneyland, my husband will be at the Dodgers/Giants game in LA. Figured I would pick him AND me up some dinner for the ride home. Wow, 2 Montes. I can't even fathom that! LOL :fez:

06-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Wow, 2 Montes. I can't even fathom that!

Whew.

Here's a related fun fact: Pepto Bismol can turn your tongue black.

Rob9874
06-02-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm going this Sunday to DL. Hope I can get a Monte Cristo. I heard Blue Bayou is closed right now, due to Pirates modifications. How is the "modified" one at Cafe Orleans different?

I Heart Disneyland!
06-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Now...if they would only deliver.

;)

Seriously! They could make big bucks just from ME if they did!!!

bbld2003
06-03-2006, 01:00 AM
From what I heard is that when the Blue Bayou reopens, there will be no to go items at all. Most likely they'll send you to cafe to get it.

Micki0624
06-03-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm going this Sunday to DL. Hope I can get a Monte Cristo. I heard Blue Bayou is closed right now, due to Pirates modifications. How is the "modified" one at Cafe Orleans different?

We don't truely know as that restaurant is closed as well.

potterphreak
06-03-2006, 09:45 AM
From what I heard is that when the Blue Bayou reopens, there will be no to go items at all. Most likely they'll send you to cafe to get it.

I'll get a table, order dessert to eat there and 2 Montes and then be all, oh I am so full, can I get some to go boxes?! LOL Either way, 2 Montes are walking out of the park with me. LOL

Thanks for all the input guys, I really appreciate it!!! I would like to know how they plan to offer a "modified" Monte without protest. Hmmm!

Thanks again! Oy vey, still 30+ days until I get to do my own thang at my happy place.

|
|
|
\/

Darkbeer
06-03-2006, 10:27 AM
I have seen the new Blue Bayou menu, the Monte Cristo is now $18.99, but comes with soup or salad.

The Five-Pepper Roasted Prime Rib of Beef is $29.99, and most other entrees are about $24.99...

But heck, it does have a photo of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow on it ;)

And they will be serving Crab Legs during the Dinner Hours:fez: