PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if this video has been shared before...

writerevie
05-31-2006, 08:11 PM
Found this on youtube.com. Got teary eyed when Walt made his opening day speech. Just thought I'd share.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a4gBGsPsWDM&search=disneyland

TowerofTerror
05-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Nope it hasnt but thanks for sharing it on here

r-we-there-yet
05-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Awesome!!:)

chrisaustx
05-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Copyrighted material, oh my :) This video came from some type of internal Disney Corporate presentation. The 50th movie with Steve Martin at Disneyland was inspired by this video, the castle segment at the end is the same.
Here are two great videos from 2001, introducing DCA, these are video's I am sure Disney would like to forget ever aired. Even the hyped up commercials for DCA look bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXwgPypdOiM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdxJvZw-mD4

writerevie
05-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Copyrighted material, oh my :) This video came from some type of internal Disney Corporate presentation. The 50th movie with Steve Martin at Disneyland was inspired by this video, the castle segment at the end is the same.

Oops...didn't know that. Hope I'm not in trouble.

r-we-there-yet
05-31-2006, 08:44 PM
I won't turn you in, assuming I get the right number of churros in a plain package by mid-night.

simbaNnala101
05-31-2006, 09:15 PM
that clip made me want to cry. I just love Walt adn seeing things like that really touch me. Thank you so much for sharing.

~Ash~

Another Dimension
05-31-2006, 11:30 PM

It's probably a TDA Power Point or a Tourism Industry promotional video, with a lotof the 50th movie scenes in it because they were both edited at the same time, by the same people.... and as for it's licensing and copyright, I'm pretty sure Disney looks at it as nothing but free advertising, hype and tourism encouragement.

How many MPers that watched the above YouTube 50th clip, really want to go to Disneyland even more right now? ;)

olegc
06-01-2006, 07:31 AM
More than likely it was shown at a shareholders meeting. It would not have been this one in Anaheim since it considers HKDL to be a future thing... but the style of presentation and the music match what was done at this year's meeting (which I attended)..

MrsPooh
06-01-2006, 08:30 AM
Oops...didn't know that. Hope I'm not in trouble.

I wouldn't think so. People post YouTube videos all the time. I have not heard any policy on it, except that the content be clean.

Bolivar
06-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Your link to the video would not violate copyright even if there was a copyright problem, the person infringing on the copyright would be whoever posted it to youtube. Youtube will remove copyrighted material when requested to do so by the copyright holder.

I just read an article on youtube yesterday and that is what they said about their policy. The article specifically mentioned a Natalie Portman video from SNL that NBC made them remove.

MrsPooh
06-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Your link to the video would not violate copyright even if there was a copyright problem, the person infringing on the copyright would be whoever posted it to youtube. Youtube will remove copyrighted material when requested to do so by the copyright holder.

Thanks for the info, Bolivar. I thought it was along those lines, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the confirmation! :D

Maleficent Fan
06-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Lol I posted that video a while a go and featured it on my Disney blog that I used to have. As for where it is from: I got it from the dlrnews.com website which is set up for press to get hires images and videos for various print or tv media. They have a couple of cute videos (this being one of them) and a ton of great pictures from different events. They also have concept sketches for the new Nemo ride and more. Anyway, I must say this has been a very popular video on youtube. I get emails from folks all the time asking where it's from and commenting on it. It is a great video that every time I wath it, it seriously makes me want to go to DL even more. Enjoy the video everyone ;)

geoffa
06-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks for sharing it anyway - it was really good to see.

Schmetterling
06-01-2006, 11:12 AM
That was a really good movie. Disney, in all forms not just Disneyland, has so many special memories for several generations. Its amazing that it was all created and "dreamed" by one man. He truly was amazing. To hold on to so much imagination, as an adult was a big accomplishment!
Cheers to Walt Disney! :)

DangerMouse
06-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Tearing up . . . all forklempt . . . talk amongst yourselves. :crying:

MrsPooh
06-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Tearing up . . . all forklempt . . . talk amongst yourselves. :crying:

It's like buttah!

SteveK
06-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Here are two great videos from 2001, introducing DCA, these are video's I am sure Disney would like to forget ever aired. Even the hyped up commercials for DCA look bad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXwgPypdOiM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdxJvZw-mD4

Talk about a small world. Today, one of my co-workers came in and gave me a stack of DLR 50th related items (very cool stuff by the way) that she got from a friend that works at the park. These were all items given to employess to kick off the 50th celebration. One of them was a folder that has a hologram of the castle with fireworks in the center of it and it says Disneyland Resort in gold. Inside the folder were multiple 50th press releases, a 1 pager with pictures from around the resort highlighting the new 50th offerings, a 50th anniversary crossword puzzle AND a cd-rom with several very cool videos & pictures including the one linked via youtube in the first post.

Bolivar
06-01-2006, 12:51 PM
All this talk of copyright is making me think of an unrelated story. My mother was very involved with an organization called Children's Home Society. They are basically a service club for women. They raise money and do work in the area of placing kids for adoption. Each local branch is called a chapter and each uses a famous children's charecter -- something from a book, movie, cartoon, whatever. When my mother's chapter was being formed they wanted to use Dumbo. So they wrote to Disney to ask if they could use it.

They expected a response from marketing, or customer relations or somthing like that. They got a letter from Walt himself giving them permission to use the name and the likeness for their chapter. I'm sure he didn't type it and I don't know if he even wrote it, but it has his signature and it isn't a stamp. It is a wet signature.

I Heart Disneyland!
06-01-2006, 01:01 PM
A friend emailed this to me. Very cool.

Opus1guy
06-01-2006, 01:42 PM
They expected a response from marketing, or customer relations or somthing like that. They got a letter from Walt himself giving them permission to use the name and the likeness for their chapter. I'm sure he didn't type it and I don't know if he even wrote it, but it has his signature and it isn't a stamp. It is a wet signature.

Good thing they had it in writing. The University of Oregon's free use of Donald Duck as their mascot ended one day because they just had a "handshake" agreement with Walt Disney himself:

...in 1947 when Oregon's first athletic director struck a handshake arrangement with Walt Disney. The unique deal stood for 20 years, until the cartoonist's death in 1966. That's when both parties realized no formal contract existed granting the University the right to Donald's image. Disney representatives agreed to negotiate the first written contract in 1973 for the athletic department's continued use of Donald.

The University now has to pay fees and merchandise royalties to Disney for continued use of Donald as their mascot. No more free ride, because they didn't get it "in writing" from Walt.