PDA

View Full Version : Character Autographs

hairboy079
04-24-2002, 03:10 PM
One question. I will be making a scrapbook of our first DL trip when we go, but I had a question on the autographs.

Many people will either have a seperate book (which i won;t be doing) or some other way of mounting it with the picture. Some I have heard take the scrapbooks with them, but I won;t be doing it until after the trip. Some put them of 4 x 6 sheets of paper then mount them.

What do you guys (and ladies) do?

MouseWife
04-24-2002, 04:27 PM
Well, this is just what I found.

When we went to the Soap Weekend, we didn't have an autograph book. {We didn't know they gave pictures away that they autographed}.

Anywho.

We bought this book {okay, mostly for the girls, sorry} that the characters {princesses are on the cover and throughout the book} can sign the page and then when you get the film developed, you slide a 4 X 6 photo into the page.

It really is pretty cool. If you could make something like this, that would be perfect. And, I make triple prints. It is much cheaper to make them at the time of development than to go back and pay separately. At least at Costco.

Not Afraid
04-24-2002, 06:34 PM
I saw a little boy (around 5 years old) who was getting his book autographed by Tweedle Dum and Alice at the hub. His book was hand-made by him with drawings done by him. It was completly charming and one-of-a-kind. The characters loved it. I know that, when he's older, this is going to be a priceless keepsake.

So think about devising your own, then separating the pages to post in your scrapbook. I think it would make for a great memory.

Mouse
04-24-2002, 07:34 PM
I've seen a lot of different things done.

Some people will buy the autograph books sold in the park and have a character sign one page and place the picture taken on the character on the opposite page. I think the pages are slightly smaller then the average photo, but it's close.

I've also seen people bring their own one photo per page scrapbooks from home. The pages of these books are the size (or slightly larger) of average photos. Much like the autograph books, have the character sign one page and mount the photo on opposite.

If you get the characters to sign on high quality or construction type paper you can cut out the autograph and mount it alongside photos in a regular album.

For the best looking autographs make sure you give the character a hard surface to sign on if you use loose-leaf paper, and use thick pens, such as sharpies.

Lost Boy
04-24-2002, 08:15 PM
I have tons of Character Pictures that I have taken and put into the computer. Then printed them out on glossy 8X10 photo paper and took them to the Park and had the Characters sign the photos. Goofy made a really big (Edward Norton thing with the pen from the old Jackie Gleason Honeymoorers Show) then without a pause, signed his name backwards. It was very cool. Mickey Mouse made me sign his book first (I was wearing Mickey Gloves at the time and had practiced writing with the gloves on just in case) so he got my autograph and then he signed my picture of him on top of the Island at the conclusion of Fantasmic!
These signed pictures are all in a special binder in plastic protectors.

hairboy079
04-25-2002, 03:11 PM
Very cool. I will consider these!