PDA

View Full Version : What are some of the craziest rumors or ghost stories you heard on Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

zombie pirate
05-31-2006, 06:17 AM
What are some of the craziest ghost stories, or rumors you have heard on Disneyland?

05-31-2006, 06:21 AM
David Koenig's Mousetales books have some DLR ghost stories in them, as I recall.

zombie pirate
05-31-2006, 06:23 AM
I was sitting outside the Haunted Mansion yesterday, 2 older people sitting next to me where talking about how the Haunted Mansion is built on top of a Migrant cemetary, Migrants that used to work the oranges groves before the park was built, and that the graves outside in the mansions cemetery are real. The graves of migrant workers. I know thats a load of bull, but has anyone else heard of crazy rumors like that?

zombie pirate
05-31-2006, 06:50 AM
Another rumor I have heard, that there are underground tunnels thru out the park. I know there are a few in Tommorowland for food service, and maint on the old sub ride. Does anyone else know of any?

magicpointeshoe
05-31-2006, 07:55 AM
This one is pretty odd, but I heard that the reason the family finaly sold the strawberry field to Disney was because Disney agreed to bury one of them outside the Haunted Mansion.

wabby1
05-31-2006, 08:36 AM
The rumor I heard once....being from Salt Lake City....was that the hearse outside of the Haunted Mansion was the same one that carried the body of Mormon Pioneer leader Brigham Young. I think that is a load of rubbish....but has anyone heard this?

pooh0200
05-31-2006, 08:49 AM
I have heard that too but it was never confirmed...

Did some researching and according to hiddenmickeys.org, it claims that "
46. How come no one has ever once mentioned that, underneath the hearse in the waiting area, there are two names written on the crossbeam underneath ("1995 Rick Godin &Jay Gayton")? Is it because I am the only idiot who gets down on their hands and knees? These two guys are the curators of the museum from where the hearse was obtained, in Salt Lake City, Utah. C'mon, folks, lighten up and get down.
REPORTED: Ed Johnston 24 MAY 96
CONFIRMED: Josh Booth 25 SEP 96
Its the same hearse that took Brigham Young to his final resting place.
CONFIRMED: David Koc 27 SEP 96
CONFIRMED: TR Shaw 20 APR 97
CONFIRMED: Tiffany 07 JUL 98
The hearse is white because of Brigham Young's stature in the community. Common folks get a black hearse.
UPDATE: Ed Johnston 21 AUG 98
They repaired it with a type of paint that will keep it from dry rotting.
UPDATE: Kurt Norby 30 DEC 98
CONFIRMED: ghosthost 04 JAN 99"

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Secrets/Square/Mansion.html

zombie pirate
05-31-2006, 10:01 AM
I remember the rumor that Walt Disney is buried somewhere in Disneyland.

05-31-2006, 10:38 AM
I remember the rumor that Walt Disney is buried somewhere in Disneyland.

In a hyperbaric chamber, right?

zombie pirate
05-31-2006, 10:43 AM
they make references to it in The Simpsons.

stan4d_steph
05-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Snopes has a special section devoted just to Disney rumors. There are some good ones there.

CariBelle
05-31-2006, 11:42 AM
^^ I love snopes!

mcow1
05-31-2006, 12:20 PM
The rumor I heard once....being from Salt Lake City....was that the hearse outside of the Haunted Mansion was the same one that carried the body of Mormon Pioneer leader Brigham Young. I think that is a load of rubbish....but has anyone heard this?

Urban myth. Brigham Young's funeral did not use a hearse according to the Mormon Church.
http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/hearse.htm

Mark Mywords
05-31-2006, 12:37 PM
What are some of the craziest ghost stories, or rumors you have heard on Disneyland?

I've read somewhere that some CM's (especially custodial) consider the handicap bathroom at aladin's oasis to be haunted (voices and the door locking and unlocking itself with nobody inside).

ExPeRiMeNt629
05-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Back in June of last year i did see the ghost of Tommy while doing a final walkthrough of Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin.. and he is just a playful spirt wont harm anyone just likes to play jokes on people.. when i worked at console and when i would send empty cabs into the ride i would put candy on the seat in selected cabs and when they would come back the candy would be gone..( i've had my unloader check and i could see on the monitors that it didn't fall on the floor..Space mountain, Star Trader 4th floor.. extremly haunted..the spirt that roams that area is very disturbed and angery.. in the fourth floor of the star trader he torments Cms and throws things at them... Tommy also Roams POTC and Haunted Mansion.. and the starwberry rumor is false cause the Mansion came later on, N.O.S. (New Orlens Square) came about 10 years later after park openping. if anyone would like to know some more about the dark side of disney just ask.. =) alot i have first hand encounters and some i've heard from the source..

kohl
05-31-2006, 01:01 PM
I would love to know more about your first hand expierences.

WITron
05-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Another rumor I have heard, that there are underground tunnels thru out the park. I know there are a few in Tommorowland for food service, and maint on the old sub ride. Does anyone else know of any?
The only tunnel at Disneyland is in Tomorrowland and it goes from Tomorrowland Terrace to backstage by Innoventions. Just underneath Tomorrowland Terrace there is a small break area and dressing rooms for the performers who are lifted up on the stage. When I worked there in order to lift the stage there were two buttons to push, one in front and one in back. I don't know if that is still the case or not.

littlebugg
05-31-2006, 08:37 PM
To ExP629,
I read on a paranormal board, I believe shadowlands or ghosts.org, about the hat shop in Fantasyland being haunted...I forgot for sure if that was it, but I'm pretty sure that's what I read. Have you ever heard about this? And also have you heard of Innovations being haunted by "Debbie", the CM who was killed there? I would hope that one is just a rumor, poor girl. Thanx for your input very interesting.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-31-2006, 09:18 PM
David Koenig's Mousetales books have some DLR ghost stories in them, as I recall.

I LOVE these books! They are both wonderful.

MrsPooh
06-01-2006, 08:36 AM
In a hyperbaric chamber, right?

I thought he was frozen! :~D

Opus1guy
06-01-2006, 10:38 AM
I heard this crazy rumor that Superstar Limo is coming back to replace Star Tours, as the contract with Lucus is over. It will be called "Super Star Tours Limo" in order to reuse part of the old signage (though they'll probably market that as "paying homage to the old Star Tours attraction"). To fit in with the Tomorrowland theme, they'll be adding a show-stopping Robin Williams as Mork mannequin and through the use of a state-of-the-art mechanical servo...his fingers will actually move when a speaker in his mouth says, "Nanu-nanu." As soon as they get the money to develop a cheap system to sync the Nanu and the finger movement, install should begin.

As a cost saving move, the Star Tours pre-show "Worker Droid" first cannibalized from the old America Sings attraction...will undergo another visit to the Imagineering "Chop-Shop" and return in it's third incarnation as a humorous traffic cop and interactive strategic "target" for all manner of items tossed at it by fun-loving Guests!

The attraction will first open only to Grad Nite attendees with a special nighttime edition that will feature real alcoholic beverages available in the backseat of the limo...a Disney theme park first! The homage to the old "Adventure Thru Inner Space" attraction will continue in the new attraction, as couples will be encouraged to have as much "fun" in the backseats of the limos...as folks did in the 60's and 70's in their little "Atommobiles." Sponsored by Absolut Vodka™

As usual, my source is almost always practically 100% correct in their estimates and guesses most of the time. So I think you can bank on this one, no matter how crazy it may seem.

;)

Phantom2006
06-01-2006, 10:42 AM
I heard that the people mover was haunted. When a guy died on his granite, he fell out of the car and grabbed on to some girls hair to help him back up. After that some girls felt there hair being tugged when they rode it.

MrsPooh
06-01-2006, 10:45 AM
I heard that the people mover was haunted. When a guy died on his granite, he fell out of the car and grabbed on to some girls hair to help him back up. After that some girls felt there hair being tugged when they rode it.

Wasn't that the "bright boy" that was jumping from car to car? :rolleyes:

Opus, you KILL ME! :p

potzbie
06-01-2006, 04:28 PM
I believe shadowlands or ghosts.org, about the hat shop in Fantasyland being haunted.

If nothing else, I have seen a smiling Cheshire cat appear and disappear in the mirror above the sales counter.

Every five minutes!
;)

chrisaustx
06-01-2006, 05:33 PM
I will start my own rumor, Big Thunder Mountain is haunted by the guy who died on the ride in 2003. The breakdowns which are happening every few months are a result of his possession of the ride.
Also the Matterhorn may be haunted by Dolly, who was killed when she fell out of her bobsled.