PDA

View Full Version : Meeting characters

taingirlsmom
05-29-2006, 02:28 PM
We are new to character meetings and wondered how we find out who will be where?

Are the 7 dwarfs ever out? Anyone from Jungle Book?

bassett1976
05-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Check with City Hall.

The Fab 5 are the characters we see the most.

I have never seen all 7 dwarfs out at the same time (unless in a parade) at DL. I have seen Baloo and King Louie out in the park from Jungle Book.

junglemom
05-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I recently saw Baloo right in front of Aladdins Oasis.

bradk
05-29-2006, 05:50 PM
there are standards.. like princesses around the castle, ariel in her grotto, woody & jessie in frontierland, buzz in tomorrowland, villains in the corner behind the castle, pooh & friends in critter country.. flik after the ugly bug ball in dca

most of these are listed in the entertainment schedule.

there are other spots where you're likely to see characters. the town square area has been frequented by the fab five in their 50th anniversary outfits as well as alice in wonderland characters. i guess aladdin's oasis has also been turned into a spot since the show has been canceled. when i was there early this month, i saw both aladdin & jasmine there multiple times.

i think outside of the parade (as mentioned), you'd been extremely fortunate, lucky and blessed to see all 7 dwarfs together for photo-ops, outside maybe MNSSH at WDW. not only does disney actively make certain photo-ops rarities, i just don't see how all 7 at once can be practical anymore.

but also as touched upon, if there's someone in particular you wish to see, there is a toonfinder that most CMs can contact (if they're willing enough - they may just play dumb) who will be able to tell where someone may appear that day.

disneynut
05-29-2006, 09:08 PM
If you do a character breakfast, I've seen Baloo make appearances at Goofy's Kitchen.

It's been years and years since I've seen even one dwarf out. You can see them in the Electrical Parade in DCA but no photo op.

Cherene
05-29-2006, 09:23 PM
We were in DL about 1 week ago and saw quite a few characters that I haven't seen. Here are a few of the first timers for us.

Pocohantis
Brare Fox
Rafiki
Boo
Potato Head
And the orange monster from Monsters Inc.
Ariel with her legs
Baloo
Clarabell Cow

simbaNnala101
05-29-2006, 09:48 PM
we were there a few months ago and the characters that we saw mostly were at the opening gate of the park and at minnies breakfast. At the opening gate there was rabbit from winnie the pooh, tigger, alice, tweedle dee, tweedle dumb, mad hatter, baloo, captain hook, peter, and wendy. then in the city hall area are yje fab 5 in 50th attire. then at the plaza inn for breakfast or across the street neer the coca cola shop is usally mary poppins or lilo and stitch. then at minnies breakfast we saw minnie, mickey, pluto, goofy, fairy godmother, bert, mary poppins, cinderella, and sleeping beauty. also at tarzans tree house you can usually find jane or tarzan and sometimes terk. but if you really want to see turk at the GCH in the storytellers cafe for the character breakfast there is terk, meiko, koda, keini, chip, dale, rafiki and sometimes timon.I have also heard that pocahontas is there right now a lot as well as mulan in hollywood backlot. Hope any of that helps.

~Ash~

Vegitabeta
05-30-2006, 01:53 AM
You'll be lucky if you can seek out the 7 dwarves! I managed Snow White and 5 dwarves once:)

taingirlsmom
05-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Thank you all for the great information! I have a feeling it's going to become a quest for us next month when we go.

tink1234
05-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Don't know how rare, but we've seen Captain Hook by the front gate. Peter Pan in line for Peter Pan. Mad Hatter at Character Breakfast. Chip (or Dale?) riding Astro Orbitor.