PDA

View Full Version : When REALLY does the 50th end? also Oct info needed

animalx
05-29-2006, 09:54 AM
I called Disney 3 times last week and got 3 answers.
1) End Of September

2) End of October

3) I'm not sure , i think the end of the year but call back closer to September
( Thanks i'll plan my trip around then thanks Susan )

We were going to go in December but it may change to mid October any info on events in October would be helpful... Thanks:)

Susan L
05-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Here's another Susan's helpful advice. The 50th is supposed to be an 18 month celebration. So from 5-5-05 that would be 11-5-06.

As for October, the only thing is the HM has its holiday overlay. Other then that I'm not sure if anything is going on. Its a good time to go, weather is usually decent and the crowds are light. But, even off season for the 50th has been busy.

Check back on the DL site on their calendar section about a month prior to you wanting to go they should have what ever is going on up. I find more and more that when you call the CM's are clueless about what is going on. I'm not sure why that is. As for the reliablity of the calendar, I'm sure others will have a different opinion on this one but, for me it has always been good info.

Disney Vault
05-29-2006, 11:46 AM
I am pretty sure it is October 1st when things will slowly start to come down. At least that is was Marcie said over at MI. She works for the company and that is what she stated a while back.

bradk
05-29-2006, 12:04 PM
i asked my guide when i was there at the beginning of the month. she said (at that time) there was no official date set, but there are fairly concrete dates that certain attractions, such as the 'first 50 years' exhibit are set to close.

i want to doubt myself, but i'm almost certain she said lincoln would be returning at some point in september (?)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-29-2006, 12:13 PM
I would love to get back one more time before the 50th ends, just to see the fireworks. But then I have also heard that because there is no new fireworks show planned they will keep the 50th show, the same for the parade. I have seen everything is they have for the 50th.
We do have a trip planned the first week of December, and I am SO excited about that. We love the snow after the fireworks and to be able to see the Christmas parade and Santa at the park will be great. I haven't been to Disneyland to see the parade in years.

Disney Vault
05-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Al from Miceage also said how they want to add some Halloween decorations to DL this year so taking down 50th stuff make sense to make room for Halloween stuff.

experiment626
05-29-2006, 06:02 PM
My understanding is the end of September/very early October. So that 18 months really is only just shy of 17 months.

But really the only things that will change initially are the decorations. they will slowly be taken down with halloween (according to Miceage) going up. Fireworks & Parade will remain until at least when Christmas begins.

GrumpyUTboi
05-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Oct is such a wonderful time to go. We are going to do the trick or treat with Mickey this year. My kids can't wait, whose kidding Mrs Grumpy and I can't wait!

vmjess
05-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Oct. 6-8 is Gay Day weekend at Disneyland- it brought in 30,000 people last year.

Darkbeer
05-29-2006, 08:24 PM
A good "Educated Guess" is that the last day for the Remember Fireworks is Sunday, September 24th....

DianeM
05-29-2006, 09:54 PM
My husband wants to see the 50th fireworks, and we both want to ride POTC and HM, so it looks like we're going the week after Labor Day, before HM closes for refurb. I suspect it will be crowded - I'd much rather go in October, but I don't want to risk having him not be able to see the fireworks. Ironically, the last time we visited, he could have seen the bleeping fireworks, but he didn't care about seeing them. <sigh>

A good "Educated Guess" is that the last day for the Remember Fireworks is Sunday, September 24th....

animalx
05-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks

Skunker
05-31-2006, 06:57 AM
Oct. 6-8 is Gay Day weekend at Disneyland- it brought in 30,000 people last year.

Yes, very busy! We inadvertantly planned our trip for the same weekend as Gay Day weekend last year and the park was as busy as a summer day! (I was bummed because I was expecting light crowds in October...)