PDA

View Full Version : An Unbelievable Video from Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

chrisaustx
05-29-2006, 02:15 AM
I found an unbelievable video from Disneyland, which was taken a week ago. I may have been at the park when this happened, but missed the event. A U.S. Army solider was preparing to deploy to Iraq, he wanted to do a crazy stunt before he left. The solider decided to jump from the top of the Mark Twain and into the Rivers of America. Disneyland security caught him and threw him out.
A friend of the soldier caught the jump from the Mark Twain on video:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=757472602&n=2

Another Dimension
05-29-2006, 03:18 AM
He's a fool... and that's completely believable.

If he wiggled his nose and then flew around the Matterhorn, that would be unbelievable. :D

MileHighAko
05-29-2006, 04:56 AM
He could have at least dove instead of just jumping. How boring is that. :-)

PapiBear
05-29-2006, 06:13 AM
LOL! Considering he'll probably wind up coming home without arms and legs, if he comes home at all (or with PTSD and probably some unhealthy obsessions at the very least) I say we give the kid a pass.

MileHighAko
05-29-2006, 06:33 AM
LOL! Considering he'll probably wind up coming home without arms and legs, if he comes home at all (or with PTSD and probably some unhealthy obsessions at the very least) I say we give the kid a pass.
Excellent point. I was trying to be funny, but you are right as rain. Today is Memorial day, and a good day to give a free pass to all of those who risk everything so that my family can board a plane this morning and fly to Disneyland. Sorta puts things in perspective.

I love America! I love this country. And I love Disneyland. :D

Captain Josh
05-29-2006, 06:46 AM
Forget what Iraq might do to him...

...that's the GREEN WATER we're talking about here.

The old man
05-29-2006, 07:19 AM
Gee, were do you get your statistics? The vast majority come home--with limbs intact--without any mental problems.

The old man
05-29-2006, 07:36 AM
...a good day to give a free pass to all of those who risk everything so that my family can board a plane this morning and fly to Disneyland...
It doesn't mean they have the right to endanger themselves or others. Plain and simple it was a stupid thing to do.

scaeagles
05-29-2006, 07:40 AM
I suppose Disney lawyers will be arguing now that a barrier must be installed to prevent jumpers. I'm only half joking.

ktrm
05-29-2006, 08:33 AM
When I first started on this site, I wondered why kids had their height checked entering a ride and right before boarding a ride. I just could not believe anyone would try to sneak a child on a ride that was not tall enough and endanger their safety. Now seeing this, I can see Disneyland has to put up with all types of unimaginable behavior. Good Grief.

Leash81
05-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Forget what Iraq might do to him...

...that's the GREEN WATER we're talking about here.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it. Lord only knows what that water could do to him. "I am the Lizard Queen" -Lisa Simpson ;)

Disnerd
05-29-2006, 09:17 AM
I hope he is current on his hepatitis shots.

Karin
05-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Does anyone know if this is truly the Mark Twain at Disneyland? The shot is so tight on the ship that you can't see anything around to verify it's validity. Who's to say it wasn't some other paddlewheeler? I haven't been over to Frontierland recently, does the Mark Twain have those banners on it currently?

I doubt DLR would've removed just for the rest of the day. Seems worthy of a stiffer, longer punishment to me.

My 2 cents...

Disneymademoiselle
05-29-2006, 09:38 AM

Amen to that!!!

05-29-2006, 09:49 AM
That's a jump of about two stories, right? He's lucky: 1) the water was deep enough and 2) he didn't land on some metal doohickey.

Disney Vault
05-29-2006, 09:57 AM
That's a jump of about two stories, right? He's lucky: 1) the water was deep enough and 2) he didn't land on some metal doohickey.
I was thinking the same thing. I would never jump into water that I can't see the bottom of.

geoffa
05-29-2006, 11:12 AM

I think typhoid or cholora are more likely to get him!:rolleyes:

Opus1guy
05-29-2006, 11:12 AM
He could have at least dove instead of just jumping. How boring is that. :-)

Good thing he didn't, or he probably would have a broken neck right now at the very least. The water's not very deep at all. It's easier to "shallow dive" feet-first. Notice how he keeps his legs bent. The guy had training, or experience. Or just plain luck. IMHO.

Looks like he headed to the Island (probably to meet up with his camera toting friend). Not so sure I'd consider that the most strategic place to go from a clean-escape point-of-view.

tod
05-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Looks like the Mark Twain was at the Frontier Landing, meaning that the guy was in no gander of getting caught with problems with the paddlewheel and the attendant turbulent water.

I agee with Opus about staging one's getaway to Tom Sawyer Island not being the best possible escape route.

--t

chrisaustx
05-29-2006, 01:44 PM
The video is real, it came from another Disney Fan site, cast members were commenting, that this stunt had never been before been attempted at Disneyland. Disneyland security did call his Army unit, and tried to get the MP's to come pick him up. This guy is lucky that he did not hit any of the Fantasmic! equipment, he could have been knocked out and drowned.

Family5LovesDisney
05-29-2006, 02:04 PM
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it. Lord only knows what that water could do to him. "I am the Lizard Queen" -Lisa Simpson ;)
UGH! Don't tell me that! We rode those canoe boats last weekend and raced with two other boats. We were COVERED in that GREEN water when the ride was done (and I must admit.....it felt pretty darn good as it was HOT last Saturday!)

kimmybear
05-29-2006, 04:42 PM
UGH! Don't tell me that! We rode those canoe boats last weekend and raced with two other boats. We were COVERED in that GREEN water when the ride was done (and I must admit.....it felt pretty darn good as it was HOT last Saturday!)

i used to paddle for a Dragon Boat team (the boats are just narrower and lighter) and the green water we raced in (and got soaked to the skin in) is much worse. (it's too the point where animal don't live there and the ducks that try all wind up dead....) but none the less, the DL water is pretty nasty... i've had no side effects... yet... :D

Family5LovesDisney
05-29-2006, 05:01 PM
i used to paddle for a Dragon Boat team (the boats are just narrower and lighter) and the green water we raced in (and got soaked to the skin in) is much worse. (it's too the point where animal don't live there and the ducks that try all wind up dead....) but none the less, the DL water is pretty nasty... i've had no side effects... yet... :D RELIEF ;)

Another Dimension
05-30-2006, 02:07 AM
The Guests, should leave the River, to the boats, and the birds! :cool:

junglemom
05-30-2006, 02:19 AM
I agree this is just GROSS!