PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Former Cast Members...

ExPeRiMeNt629
05-27-2006, 02:58 PM
OKay now i know for a fact this isn't one person on here who doesn't either know someone or is freinds with someone that got fired or seperated from the company during the 50th celebration.. most commonly dubed "The 50th Massacre" I'm just looking for any of those that share the same fate I as did... I loved my job alot I shared many memories as any did.. And i was just wondering if their are others out their like myself who share the same feelings as I do..

disneyperson
05-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm not a CM , current or former, but I remember reading some of your posts and I know you love DL. I'm sorry you're no longer a CM.

ExPeRiMeNt629
05-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah its funny and ironic how last year i was discusing cleaning house and this year i was apart of it..basicaly i lost my job because a new hire cussed me out on stage infornt of guest and cast and i told my lead about it and without knowing my lead had personal feelings towards this cm and it just rollercoasterd outa control to where another male cm took that female cms side and made up some stories and told manangement and the lead didn't come forward to management that i spoke with him first cause he was protecting her.. i ended up being fired..more like murdered you can say..literly by the Disney SS. i'm not kidding they are called the Disney Speical Security SS for short.. it they use that accyormny on their door..

cstephens
05-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Since CMs leave the company for all kinds of reasons all the time, I'm not sure why it happening during the official 50th celebration makes it any different.

experiment626
05-27-2006, 05:27 PM
OKay now i know for a fact this isn't one person on here who doesn't either know someone or is freinds with someone that got fired or seperated from the company during the 50th celebration
Better get your facts straight...I actually don't know any CM or past CM's. :p

PapiBear
05-27-2006, 06:37 PM
OKay now i know for a fact this isn't one person on here who doesn't either know someone or is freinds with someone that got fired or seperated from the company during the 50th celebration.. most commonly dubed "The 50th Massacre" I'm just looking for any of those that share the same fate I as did... I loved my job alot I shared many memories as any did.. And i was just wondering if their are others out their like myself who share the same feelings as I do..I'm a former CM, but I don't know anyone who was a CM during the 50th Anniversary. Assuming that anyone who's ever been employed at DLR would automatically know everyone else who's ever worked there, let alone worked there in a specific time period, is a pretty gigantic assumption, and a wrong one.

PapiBear
05-27-2006, 06:39 PM
i ended up being fired..more like murdered you can say..literly by the Disney SS.Well, if you were literally murdered, then you're dead and can't possibly be posting on this board. :rolleyes:

Wesley815
05-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Wow, you got some bad feelings towards Disney! :rolleyes:

I'm a very happy current CM! :D

I'll admit that Disney isn't for everyone, and there's A LOT of other jobs that pay more dealing with customer/guest service. Employee drama happens at mostly all companies that I know of... and is worse when it comes to younger (first job) type CM's at Disney parks.

chrisaustx
05-27-2006, 11:19 PM
I know some current cast-members at Disneyland, one lady has been there for 25 years. The work environment at Disneyland could be improved, the quality of the new hires seems to be poor, due to the rock bottom wages being paid. I have been offered two positions at Disneyland in the past month, I have declined both offers. I do agree with the statement that working conditions at Disneyland have gone downhill during the 50th. Many cast-members have been fired, and to replace them, a revolving door of new hires has been created. Hopefully the new management of the park, John Lasseter, will do something to address the employee problems at Disneyland.

FantasmicFanatic
05-28-2006, 02:35 AM
Since CMs leave the company for all kinds of reasons all the time, I'm not sure why it happening during the official 50th celebration makes it any different.

Presenteism

experiment626
05-28-2006, 07:58 AM
Presenteism
Ah yes. Making CM's come in for their shift and not call in sick (excessively). Sounds like every other job I have had. They didn't have a "fancy" name for it they just called it employement.

ExPeRiMeNt629
05-28-2006, 01:34 PM
If you worked and saw how things changed from before May 5,2005 to how they changed after that... then you would understand... I worked with the company from 2003 to 2006 and druing the time frame of the 50th things really shook up really bad... a month before i was fired i had my review and my manager said everything was perfect that i had the highest guest compliments.. highest safety... i was the one always called in to do DOSH inspections... but that wasn't good enough when some new hires decided to take it into their own hands and destroy my reputation... and the fact that i used the TERM "MURDERED" its a figure of speech... if case you havne't noticed i use alot of figuritive words.. its makes things alot of creative.. and it just goes to show you lack creativity if you couldn't understand that... also another thing too... drama does happen everywhere no matter what... I did my job and went home.. didn't party like all the other kids and all that other mess.. but drama seemed to find me because it was time to get rid of someone but the area needed a scapgoat or an example to use... So whos next at ridiculing.....

MuckaMowie
05-28-2006, 05:15 PM
I was a CT until this past December, having worked DL for the past couple years. I was scheduled during the '05 Christmas holidays and had worked all the past school holidays for a couple years! (2 years with NO points I may add. . .) and within the first two weeks of December, both my father and brother died. I needed to take a week off for bereavement leave; the memorial was a family gathering that was planned for that time. CTs don't get bereavement leave whatsoever, so my manager told me to call out "sick" (3 points) instead of taking bereavement. He said that five days of bereavement would amount to 3 points each day, totaling 15 points and. . .FIRED! I chose to quit rather than compromise my ethics, as it was a "hobby" job that I truly loved, not something I needed to survive. Two years ago, it would have turned out differently. The management would have worked with me to create a solution that worked. I definately feel that the mass "CM-icide" that has happened since May '05 has been a direct result of the elimination of best practices and promotion of quick-fixes that the park and its management has put into place. It is so sad.

Disney Vault
05-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Wow you would really think they would be able to bend the rules for something like that. How could they not work something out with the CM when situations come up. I understand how they needed some changes but they seem to have just taken it too far and it is now harming the CM and the company more.

ExPeRiMeNt629
05-28-2006, 07:24 PM
See MuckaMowie understands exactly what I ment..

PapiBear
05-29-2006, 06:03 AM
and the fact that i used the TERM "MURDERED" its a figure of speech... if case you havne't noticed i use alot of figuritive wordsThat would be fine if you hadn't said that you were literally murdered. You can't be figurative and literal at the same time. You were either figuratively murdered or literally murdered. Being "literally murdered, figuratively" in nonsensical.

and it just goes to show you lack creativity if you couldn't understand thatSweet. Diss me because you can't express yourself intelligently. :)

TribeFan
05-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Hmm .. I have been a cast member since "01 and just got my 5-year pin. Not sure what you are refering to. As far as my area goes, the mgmt and leads do ALL that they can to assist the cast and not have to do new hires. The cost of a new hire is huge not just in a $$ sense but also with guest impact. It's so much cheaper to keep the ones that you have. In the past years I have not seen any of the thing that have been described in these posting. Never heard of the "50th Massarce" or the "SS". I am sorry that you did not have a great mgmt team or leads that supported you. The one thing that I do know is that it's VERY hard to get fired from Disney after your probation period. Lot's of red tape and legal stuff. If you were in your 60 day probation period then Disey can let you go for just about anything. If you feel that you were let go for no reason there are legal routes that you can go through to find out.

honeymoon @disney
05-29-2006, 12:09 PM
also another thing too... drama does happen everywhere no matter what... I did my job and went home.. didn't party like all the other kids and all that other mess.. but drama seemed to find me because it was time to get rid of someone but the area needed a scapgoat or an example to use...

You're definitally right about that. I had a job at a loan store working under a manager who's only work experience had been a waitress in a strip club, and a 2 month course.
She was continually stealing money from the till, yelling at customers and blaming it on us, the staff. When we wrote a letter to Head Office complaining, my manager started harassing us and saying rude things about us around town. The other girl ended up leaving, and my manager booked an entire week off for me as "punishment" as she knew I needed the hours to survive. When I returned for my next shift, she had told Head Office I had called in sick all week, and because of that fired me. It was three days after my six month, meaning they had to pay me severance pay. It was obvious that if I was a poor employee I would have been fired before the 6 month to avoid severance, but I had passed my evaluation with flying colors.
Don't worry ExPeRiMeNt629, I completely understand how unfair it is, and how you can be so upset. When you work hard at your job and give it your all, it feels terrible to be fired over some highschool drama. Its even sadder than your experience was at Disneyland, the "Happiest Place on Earth"

Disnerd
05-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Did you go to the union? I know Cast Members who were caught stealing and where rehired because the company didn't follow procedure in the seperation process. As a result this Cast Member was able to return after several months. Unbelieveable but true!

ExPeRiMeNt629
05-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Don't even get me started about the Union.. lets just say my event happened two months pior to contract negoitations and i just had my two years three weeks pior....All i know now is that the manager that was invovled in my dissmisal was taken outa Attractions and into Foods.. basicaly he is one of the guys that cleans the ODV Carts at night when ODV closes up shop (OutDoor Vending) and when i last visited alot of things changed.. and from my understanding is that one of the cast members invovled did get fired but for points and the other cast memeber he still works their but he also was a transfer from Transportation.. And he has a past but for some reason manangment cannot touch him.. he has gotten so many guest concerns but he is still working.. and when i was working at the time he has aggervated so many guest always giving them a hard time for some reason city hall cannot touch him... And his is the most dishonset person but he is able to still go to work.. Thats why i'm so aggervated at the fact that the company is aware of his behavior but they took his words as if they were golden.. LIke i said if i was fired for misconduct for something i did.. then by all means its grounds for "SEPERATION" but the means behind me being fired were all Falseified and i had the evidance to prove my innocense but Cast Relations and Speical Services didn't want to hear any of it... I fought for my job for 3 hrs telling them to ask certain cast members that could prove the aqucations were false but they didn't care...they just told me to hand over my Id and be on my way and that they would call me withen the week.

ToursbabeC3po
05-30-2006, 06:26 PM
I was fired right before the 50th because of the new attendance polocies. I was a cast member for 10 years.