PDA

View Full Version : Parade music

Cherene
05-27-2006, 12:47 PM
My dd fell in love with the music from the parade that we saw last week (the one with tinkerbell in it). We bought the cd from the 50th celebration but I haven't heard the song on it. Is the song not recorded for sale yet? If it is what cd do I need to pick up?

Lost Boy
05-27-2006, 12:55 PM
There are several different versions of the 50th anniverasry collection. A one disc, a 5 disc and the big boxed 6 disc set. I have not heard the one disc or five disc versions, and I just checked my copy of the six disc set and it is not on that set either. The Fireworks show is, but not the Parade. Maybe it's on one of the other CD's that the Park sells.

geoffa
05-27-2006, 01:07 PM
It's an adaptation of "Welcome" from Brother Bear and as yet, it is not available in the parade version. The original is, of course, available on the Brother Bear sountrack CD. HOWEVER if you'd like a souvenir DVD of the parade and the music you heard go to:

http://www.windowtothemagic.com/

:)

chrisaustx
05-28-2006, 04:56 PM
I do have the parade mp3, it was released somewhere. Well if someone wants it, maybe an interesting PM will persuade me to email the file to you.

TheYeti
05-28-2006, 05:20 PM
After my trip last July I made it my personal mission to find that song. I found a version of Welcome done by Jump 5 on a peer share site. It sounds exactly as I remember the parade song.

chrisaustx
05-28-2006, 06:20 PM
I have the real thing, released by Disneyland Records. :)
http://h1.ripway.com/chrisaustx/Disneyland-ParadeofDreams-8-DreamsComeTrue.mp3

I am using a free download service, 25mb can be transfered per day, so only download if you really want it.

Wesley815
05-28-2006, 06:56 PM
I have the real thing, released by Disneyland Records.

*edited out stupid file sharing linkThe show stop soundtrack is much better since it's the full "Welcome" song with Walt talking. It's never been officially released by Disney though, so any copies you fined are illegally taken from the parade department and then posted by people like chrisaustx. Which I'm surprised this website promotes/supports since the link wasn't edited out.

chrisaustx
05-28-2006, 11:44 PM
It's track 9 on a CD sold at the park, the title does not have anything to do with the parade in it, that is why people don't know its there.

chrisaustx
05-29-2006, 12:42 AM
The Parade of Dreams is not confidential Disneyland music, other boards do have the full parade sound track on their video, the recording is not from the parade audio. The Parade of Dreams is probably one of the most video taped open air events on the planet right now. If you want to find the full parade audio and video on a board, it's initials are V.F. :) I doubt Disney cares much about the Parade of Dreams, it will be ending soon, and millions have videotaped it and shared the videos all over the Internet.
You will find a great presentation of the parade, with great video and clean audio at:
http://visionsfantastic.com/main.php?page=shows

TheYeti
05-29-2006, 04:33 AM
Do you happen to know the title of teh CD? We saw so many on our last trip but none had the track called "Welcome".

chrisaustx
05-29-2006, 05:02 AM
Musical History Of Disneyland:50th Set
Disc 5, Track 8

TheYeti
05-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Thank you for all the info and the website was awesome! I downloaded the parade, splash mountain, HM, and POC. A video does so much more than a picture. I will try to find the CD for sure when I get there next month.

Cherene
05-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Thank you for all the information and sites! I have the two disk set so I guess I don't have the song, yet :)

geoffa
05-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Musical History Of Disneyland:50th Set
Disc 5, Track 8

Disc 5, Track 8 is in fact the Remember Dreams Come True show - the fireworks with Julie Andrews. It's 17 minutes and 10 seconds long and is the firework show in its entire form. It does NOT contain "Welcome" from Parade of Dreams - certainly not in the set I have which I purchased direct from Disney!
The Jump 5 version is about the nearest you're going to get to it. The original parde music does however feature in a fan made DVD featured on another site.

chrisaustx
05-29-2006, 01:35 PM
The CD set that tower records is selling contains extra tracks on Disc 5, according to their website, there are extra tracks on the fireworks show. There were three versions of the 50th Annivesary CD Set. The track is called-Parade of Dreams-Dreams Come True, not welcome.

Wesley815
05-29-2006, 02:20 PM
LOL! you people amaze me. :rolleyes:

chrisaustx
05-29-2006, 02:24 PM
You must work in the Foods Department Wes. :) There was an exclusive, special limited edition music set, with the 45 record, then there was the limited edition set, then the mass distribution set. The one with the 45 record had tracks not on the other sets. Sounds like someone should go back to the Churro cart, the next time I buy a churro from you, please make sure you don't put too much brown sugar on it, thanks.

cstephens
05-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Sounds like someone should go back to the Churro cart, the next time I buy a churro from you, please make sure you don't put too much brown sugar on it, thanks.

You must not realize that stooping to condescending insults just makes it look like you don't actually have a legitimate position, because if you did, you wouldn't need to resort to insults - your position would speak for itself.

chrisaustx
05-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Well hey I found the master digital copy of the Parade Music on a file sharing server, which is much better than that 2 min. clip Disney released. So I am happy, Wes gave me the idea to look on the file sharing service, and sure enough I found it. The digital master sounds awesome, thanks for the idea Wes! If you hadn't told the board of the existence of a digital master copy being out there, I would have not had any idea. Wes, the transitions between show stops sounds so awesome! Thanks again for the tip!