PDA

View Full Version : Vineyard Room vs. Napa Rose

FunMom
05-27-2006, 12:05 AM
We will be traveling with kids ages 10 & 13, and my parents in their mid-60's. I'm planning to spend our second night in DCA for the Electric Parade and thought we could have a nice dinner beforehand. Both restaurants have solid reviews on MousePlanet. I'm inclined to choose the Vineyard Room since we have the kids, my dad will enjoy the wine pairing, and we will have spent all day and the previous day in the parks (with afternoon nap breaks) - not our usual prelude to a fabulous dinner that I would expect from Napa Rose. However, considering that Vineyard Room offers fixed price 3 & 4 course menus, and I understand Napa Rose portions are large and can be shared - are we better off just going to Napa Rose?

Any comments and comparisons are appreciated!

mckygirl99
05-27-2006, 04:31 PM
I have been to both places but with a 10 and 13 year old you may want to opt for the Vineyard Room. It is a very nice place and the food is great and the open atmosphere I think makes it more relaxing. Also, if you are a passholder you can use your discount there but not at Napa Rose.

Squeaky
05-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Friends, where is the Napa Rose located? What type of attire is to be worn? Is it fancy? :) Thanks!

cstephens
05-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Friends, where is the Napa Rose located? What type of attire is to be worn? Is it fancy? :) Thanks!

Napa Rose is located inside the Grand Californian Hotel, by where Storyteller Cafe, Whitewater Cafe and the back entrance to DCA are, if that helps. It is a "fancy restaurant", but they are well aware that they are on Disney resort property, so you can go in your nicest clothes, more casual attire or even t-shirts and jeans. You'll still get the same great service.

Squeaky
06-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Napa Rose is located inside the Grand Californian Hotel, by where Storyteller Cafe, Whitewater Cafe and the back entrance to DCA are, if that helps. It is a "fancy restaurant", but they are well aware that they are on Disney resort property, so you can go in your nicest clothes, more casual attire or even t-shirts and jeans. You'll still get the same great service.

Thank you so much, cstephens! :)

IndianaJenn
06-04-2006, 10:17 AM
I have been to Napa Rose several times and tried the Vineyard Room for the forst time this past Friday. If you are bringing kids, the Vineyard Room might be a better match. At the end of the meal, we watched the Electrical Parade from our table.

The chef at VR is also very nice and the food was yummy!

stan4d_steph
06-05-2006, 06:48 AM
Links to the MousePlanet Park Guide Pages on Napa Rose (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=ALB401) and The Vineyard Room (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php?pg=ABB408). Have a great trip! :)