PDA

View Full Version : Okay all you Crafty people! [Upgrading Tickets]

Schmetterling
05-26-2006, 09:36 PM
We ordered 3 day park hopper tickets off of Disneyland.com. Since then we have decided we want to go 4 days instead. So, I was wondering if there was any way to upgrade these to the 4 days? If not, we are prepared to just pay for the one day, but I am hoping something can be done. Any advice?
Thanks!

bradk
05-26-2006, 09:43 PM
you'll be able to upgrade them at the park, but you'll pay the full difference for a 4 day hopper

Schmetterling
05-27-2006, 07:18 AM
Okay, so that means, we just take our park hopper tickets to the ticket place, and they will do something that will upgrade it to the 4 day? Am I understanding that correctly. On Disneyland.com I am guessing the red slash prices aren't considered full price, so for the 4 day one it will be 199 am I correct in my thinking? That is really neat is they do that. It will save us 60 bucks! Thanks so much for answering me!

bradk
05-27-2006, 07:51 AM
that's correct, assuming you bought 3 day for $149, you can upgrade each ticket for $50.

Schmetterling
05-27-2006, 07:55 AM
Those prices on Disneyland.com aren't good for the park are they? Are those only online prices? But, 50 bucks to upgrade isn't bad. Thanks for all your help! That made my day!

bradk
05-27-2006, 08:00 AM
correct.. the prices on disneyland.com are only for when purchasing in advance. you can will call them at that price, but if you've already purchased them, there's no way to upgrade at that price i believe

Leap for Joy
05-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Some of the motels used to sell parkhoppers for less than the gate price. Do they still do so? If so, I wonder if you could get them to exchange your 3 day tickets for 4 day tickets.

Schmetterling
05-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Okay thanks for the info. I am totally okay with paying the extra 100 bucks. We were planning on paying 150 for a 1 day park hopper. Its just going to be fun waiting in the ticket lines!! yay! LOL. Thanks so much for all your help everyone!

hlbtimes2
05-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Okay thanks for the info. I am totally okay with paying the extra 100 bucks. We were planning on paying 150 for a 1 day park hopper. Its just going to be fun waiting in the ticket lines!! yay! LOL. Thanks so much for all your help everyone!

The tickets lines are not always bad. I was there on a Saturday morning in early May. It was right about park opening, maybe an hour after. There as only one person in line ahead of me. I would just take a look at the lines as you come and go from the parks. If you see short lines go ahead and get it taken are of.

momuvseven
05-27-2006, 05:51 PM
For slightly more you can upgrade to annual passes and get 10% discount on food. Depends if you have extra days there on your trip or if you think you might get back again in the next year.

ktrm
05-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Upgrade those three day tickets to four day tickets at Walt Disney Travel Company at the end of DTD near the Disneyland Hotel. I am pretty sure you will pay only the difference in the Disneyland.com prices. Is it $20 more for 4 day passes on Disneyland.com prices versus 3 day passes? If it is then you will only pay $40 more for two people. Walt Disney Travel has restrictive hours something like 8am -5pm Monday through Sunday. Darkbeer knows for sure. I am pretty sure this is the best deal.

Schmetterling
05-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Upgrade those three day tickets to four day tickets at Walt Disney Travel Company at the end of DTD near the Disneyland Hotel. I am pretty sure you will pay only the difference in the Disneyland.com prices. Is it $20 more for 4 day passes on Disneyland.com prices versus 3 day passes? If it is then you will only pay $40 more for two people. Walt Disney Travel has restrictive hours something like 8am -5pm Monday through Sunday. Darkbeer knows for sure. I am pretty sure this is the best deal.

Wow!! That would be wonderful!!! Do you think I would need to call and ask them if they can do that? Or do you know for sure that they will? Thank you so much, you guys are great!!! :D

kimmybear
05-27-2006, 11:38 PM

sort of along these lines: if i have a 3-day park hopper from AAA, i have to upgrade at the Walt Disney Travel Company at the end of DTD, right? do the hoppers still retain the "enhanced fastpass" and are the prices still AAA prices? so many questions, sorry. :(

Leap for Joy
05-28-2006, 09:21 AM
Its just going to be fun waiting in the ticket lines!!
It shouldn't matter when you do this, as long as it's within the days the tickets are valid. So don't wait in line in the morning, do so in the afternoon when the lines are minimal.

Mermaid
05-28-2006, 11:22 AM
It shouldn't matter when you do this, as long as it's within the days the tickets are valid. So don't wait in line in the morning, do so in the afternoon when the lines are minimal.
Just make sure you do it in while your tickets are still valid (in the three days sometime.) They won't let you do it on the fourth day but you don't have to do it before you use the tickets.

sierranevada
05-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Last summer, we were attending a wedding and got special prices on parkhoppers tickets but they were still through the Disneyland ticket office. We originally bought 4 day parkhoppers and after receiving the tickets, decided to stay another day. I called the ticket office and they said to return the 4 day tickets and they would reissue the 5 day tickets charging only the difference in the special price plus a nominal charge for shipping ($5?). So I would say give the ticket office and call and see what they say... it never hurts to ask! 714-781-4440.

Good luck!

bradk
05-28-2006, 11:43 AM
AFAIK, the ticket office cannot sell tickets at less than gate price

ktrm
05-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Wow!! That would be wonderful!!! Do you think I would need to call and ask them if they can do that? Or do you know for sure that they will? Thank you so much, you guys are great!!!

Schmetterling,
I am 95% sure I am right on upgrading at Walt Disney Travel for this price. My friend did it this way when she bought her tickets through AAA. Ultimately, though, all tickets whether through AAA or Disneyland.com are handled through Walt Disney Travel Company. To make sure, however, give them a call. Their number is (714) 520-5050 or 7070. I know Darkbeer said avoid the ticket booth and go to Walt Disney Travel Company. Let me know what they say. Good luck and have fun. Oh and check the Travel Company's hours, I know this was the biggest problem for my friend was getting there before 5:00pm. The monorail takes you very close to them.

daisy4me
05-28-2006, 09:12 PM
We ordered 3 day park hopper tickets off of Disneyland.com. Since then we have decided we want to go 4 days instead. So, I was wondering if there was any way to upgrade these to the 4 days? If not, we are prepared to just pay for the one day, but I am hoping something can be done. Any advice?
Thanks!
You need to call WDT and they will help you. We did the same thing for our upcoming trip and it was only $10 more per person. Hope that helps. Im not sure about the WDT center at the park but I would call thier 1800 # asap because I think you may get a better deal through them.
Good luck and hope you have a BLAST!!:)