PDA

View Full Version : It's the 20th Anniversary of Captain EO this year...

Pages : [1] 2

Sosai X
05-26-2006, 09:09 PM
September 12 makes 20 years since the infamous captain brought musical freedom to the countless worlds of despair. How shall we mark this anniversary of anniversaries?

writerevie
05-26-2006, 09:23 PM
How 'bout a bunch of people moonwalking down Main Street?

I Heart Disneyland!
05-26-2006, 09:45 PM
How about laying flowers by HISTA. haha! :rolleyes:

Opus1guy
05-26-2006, 11:28 PM
September 12 makes 20 years since the infamous captain brought musical freedom to the countless worlds of despair.

And here I always thought it was just a cheesy 3D movie at a theme park.

:)

Now when can we celebrate Magic Journeys? Man...that was some acid-laced hippy-dippy trip!

How shall we mark this anniversary of anniversaries?

May I suggest a special screening someplace? Like at the McMartin Preschool?

(I know...I'm bad.)

Another Dimension
05-27-2006, 12:12 AM

Everybody watch Captain EO on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFThn8SK47M) at the same time around the world? :geek:

It's 2006, and Angelica Huston is still cooler than Michael Jackson!! :cool:

TahoeBob
05-27-2006, 09:12 AM
September 12 makes 20 years since the infamous captain brought musical freedom to the countless worlds of despair. How shall we mark this anniversary of anniversaries?why In the world would any one want to even remember any thing Michael Jackson did. He is nothing but a sick pervert child molester, bigot.

darph nader
05-27-2006, 10:21 AM

OOOH NOOO. Here we go again.:eek:

PapiBear
05-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Everybody watch Captain EO on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFThn8SK47M) at the same time around the world? :geek:

It's 2006, and Angelica Huston is still cooler than Michael Jackson!! :cool:Oh that is GOLD. I wonder where the heck they got a 2-D pan & scan copy of it?

Opus1guy
05-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Oh that is GOLD. I wonder where the heck they got a 2-D pan & scan copy of it?

Years ago the Disney Channel would air it every so often. I know several people that taped it off-air.

PapiBear
05-27-2006, 06:30 PM
I'd always wondered if James Horner did the score for it. Now I know that he did.

averagedork
05-28-2006, 10:05 AM
There are so many really un-pg jokes that one could fit in here... I am being good. Sh...

Disney Vault
05-28-2006, 11:22 AM
I am sick of HISTA but I would take it any day over Captain EO. How about we celebrate that it will never return to DL :D

jMom
05-28-2006, 09:43 PM

Dress up as Angelica Houston and parade down Main St (fingernails optional)!

Niwel
05-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Anyone else walk past HISTA when coming out of Space and the only thing you can think is: We're sending out a major love ... and this is our message to you....you're just another part of me... :D

PapiBear
05-29-2006, 06:20 AM
Anyone else walk past HISTA when coming out of Space and the only thing you can think is: We're sending out a major love ... and this is our message to you....you're just another part of me... :DYou know, it's funny; I actually like the mixing of that song as it was done for Captain EO, compared with the final version that was on the Bad album. The ploinky 80s bassline is stronger than in the final mix, and it sounds funkier to me.

Andrew
05-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Anyone else walk past HISTA when coming out of Space and the only thing you can think is: We're sending out a major love ... and this is our message to you....you're just another part of me... :D
/raises hand

Every time.

geoffa
05-29-2006, 11:16 AM

Let's not start the flower laying thing again please, Neenie. I may just have to resurrect my flower stall again!:)

mulansgirl
05-29-2006, 09:27 PM
I never knew that was Angelica Houston. I knew I loved her. She was the only reason (okay and the fluffy orange thing that flew towards your face) that I watched the show. I wanted to be her. And I was kinda sad when she turned good. I actually miss the show, never tought I would but I do. I wont see HISTA again once was enough, it is a sad replacement. I know he is a creep but in a small place of disney memories in my heart I wish they could bring Captain EO back I know they never will, but there is a small wish. Should have stole a pair of purple 3-D glasses. Thank you for the info, that woman rocks.

darph nader
05-29-2006, 10:43 PM
Dress up as Angelica Houston and parade down Main St (fingernails optional)!

Is'nt that reserved for Mardi Gras? (or something like that?):rolleyes:

Micki0624
05-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Oh that is GOLD. I wonder where the heck they got a 2-D pan & scan copy of it?

If you go to the San Diego Comic Convention you can actually buy a DVD of the whole show. They also have a CD with all the music from the show. You can find the hardest stuff always bootleged there including the Star Wars X-Mas Special if anyone is interested.

Micki0624
05-30-2006, 06:13 AM
BTW I still have my original T-Shirt that says I helped saved the world. :D

hg0079
05-30-2006, 09:42 AM
I still have my "stolen" purple glasses

PapiBear
05-30-2006, 12:07 PM
If you go to the San Diego Comic Convention you can actually buy a DVD of the whole show. They also have a CD with all the music from the show. You can find the hardest stuff always bootleged there including the Star Wars X-Mas Special if anyone is interested.Cool beans. I've had a copy of the Star Wars Holiday Special on VHS for years, though.

mulansgirl
05-30-2006, 04:05 PM
cool fellow geek. I go to Comic-con every year for the past five years. My friend got the Star Wars Christmas Special and we stayed up watching it one night. fun times that and nsync uno. I am hopeing they have the McDonalds 50th trading cards I need to finnish my set. but I will be sure to pick up a copy of EO if the price is right.
way off topic but one of the guys who play billy hill at the Golden Horseshoe was also in Fellowship a musical parody. it was advertised at Comic-Con. pretty cool I thought.

SoCalSnowWhite
05-30-2006, 05:32 PM
God Bless You, Another Dimension!!! This and the PeopleMover were two of my very favorite things at DL and I am so excited to be watching Captain EO right now!!!

...and I'm also one of those people that sings the soundtrack while walking through Tomorrowland and have been known to say, "you think me beautiful?". :geek: oh! and i still have my visor with the battery pack that makes the little lights blink. I'm just painting a big geeky picture of myself, aren't I?