PDA

View Full Version : going day after Pirates premier... busy?

busseys5
05-26-2006, 08:04 PM
We are going to be in Disneyland the day after the Pirates of the caribean premier is supposed to be going on in the park (sunday June 25th). Does anyone have any idea what the parks might be like that day?

chrisaustx
05-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Expect a full house, extremely busy,it is best to get to the park early as possible.

SpaceMTJunkie
05-26-2006, 08:51 PM
It's summer. Of course it is going to be busy.

HorizonsA
05-27-2006, 02:00 PM
^Ditto :rolleyes:

disneyperson
05-27-2006, 02:09 PM
It will be very busy of course. It may also be very congested around New Orleans Square depending on how fast they can take down bleachers and scaffolding that was put up for the premire.
Good luck

busseys5
05-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Oh boy...ok, i'll be ready for the crowds. I am staying in PP and I think we get early entry through the disney travel co. so I will get to the park early and probably hop over to DCA in the afternoon and then back to disney in the evening after a break. Thanks for your input.

mckygirl99
05-27-2006, 02:19 PM
I plan on getting there first thing that day to ride Pirates and I know of others who are as well. I am hoping it will be open then.

busseys5
05-27-2006, 02:27 PM
I plan on getting there first thing that day to ride Pirates and I know of others who are as well. I am hoping it will be open then.
I was wondering if it would be open the next day also, but we will be there for 5 days so I will probably wait till Tue or Wed to ride it. I'm excited to see what they have done with it.

olegc
05-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Note 2 things
1) it was mentioned in another thread that the attraction will be closed on the 25th (next day) and Johny depp will be part of a press conference for the media for the attraction.
2) the scaffolding and bleachers will most likely NOT come down overnight. it will take them a few days to put up - and a few days to take down..

kimmybear
05-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Oh boy...ok, i'll be ready for the crowds. I am staying in PP and I think we get early entry through the disney travel co. so I will get to the park early and probably hop over to DCA in the afternoon and then back to disney in the evening after a break. Thanks for your input.

i thought early entry wasn't/isn't offered on sundays...? :confused:

busseys5
05-28-2006, 09:53 AM
your are so right. Thanks for the reminder!

busseys5
05-28-2006, 09:53 AM
your are so right. Thanks for the reminder!

TheYeti
05-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Okay, you guys are starting to scare me. We have been planning our trip for months now and the hotel is already paid for. We are arriving on June 24th but will not actually go into the parks until June 27-28th. Will we be okay? Will everything be re-opened? I had seen on the official site that they close early Saturday the 24th for the premier. We just assumed the park would be back to normal a few days later. :eek:

olegc
05-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Okay, you guys are starting to scare me. We have been planning our trip for months now and the hotel is already paid for. We are arriving on June 24th but will not actually go into the parks until June 27-28th. Will we be okay? Will everything be re-opened? I had seen on the official site that they close early Saturday the 24th for the premier. We just assumed the park would be back to normal a few days later. :eek:

well, my guess is that POTC will be open on Monday the 26th (maybe even evening of 25th) but that all the scaffolding will still be out there - so getting around the river might be "interesting.

And - FAntasmic might still be on hiatus. Of cours - all of this is without any announcements from disney - strictly insider info posted to the web.

SpaceMTJunkie
05-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Fantasmic is showing as coming back on the 28th.

olegc
05-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Fantasmic is showing as coming back on the 28th.

thanks - then I assume that this is when the bleachers would be down as well (by the 28th at latest)

TheYeti
05-29-2006, 07:44 AM
Thank you so much! I will just change my plans and go to California Adventure the 27th and then DL the 28th. I can't wait, this is the first time my 3 year old is making the long journey with us. Amarillo to Anaheim here we come!

Darkbeer
05-29-2006, 08:03 AM
I think Sunday will be busier than normal at Disneyland.

A lot of folks will choose DCA on Saturday to avoid the mess and weird hours at Disneyland.

This will have those folks all choose Disneyland for Sunday, and will stay for the Fireworks, since none were offered on Saturday.

So you are going to have the regular Sunday crowd, and then add the folks who avoid the place on Saturday, and you will have a mess.

Especially on the West side, with all the one-way paths, the bleachers still set-up and folks hoping to get onto th Pirates ride, thinking it opened due to the Media coverage from Saturday night (especially locals). Alas, these folks will be disappointed to find out that the ride will be closed until Monday Morning to the public, and will be forced to keep walking towards the Haunted Mansion due to the one-way paths.

Disney has no real way to set up an extended queue for Pirates on Sunday due to the bleachers, therefore cannot open the ride due to safety/traffic flow reasons.

busseys5
05-29-2006, 10:22 AM
so do you suggest doing DCA on Sunday? Our first day in Sunday so we really wanted to do Disney but I wouldn't mind hopping over if it gets too busy in Disneyland. Hopefully it will be better on Mon. Tue and Wed...Thanks for your input!
Michelle