PDA

View Full Version : birthday question

busseys5
05-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi, I have sort of a newbie question. We will be in Disneyland 11 days before my son's 8th birthday. Is that too soon to celebrate in the park? I was going to get him a sticker on our 3rd day as a suprise. :confused:

blackjackdelta
05-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Disney won't care.

Jack

bradk
05-26-2006, 05:37 PM
officially, it's perfectly acceptable to celebrate your birthday on any day and every day you see fit. no proof is required and i've never heard of anyone being denied.

if you go to city hall to get the sticker, just make sure he gets his special phone call. although technically it could be done from other places as well.

Tinkermommy
05-26-2006, 05:43 PM
if you go to city hall to get the sticker, just make sure he gets his special phone call. although technically it could be done from other places as well.

When we were there last weekend (5/20), the birthday phone was gone from the desk at city hall. Not sure if it was temporary or if it's gone, but just wanted to give you a heads-up in case it was still missing.

biolabetty
05-26-2006, 07:39 PM
If you're staying at a DLR hotel, you can tell the reservation person, or even the desk person when you arrive. My mother received a signed photo of Mickey and a special birthday badge with her name on it, which she wore both of the days we were there. Make sure you go to DCA and visit the Mission tortilla factory tour. If they see a birthday sticker or badge, they will give that person a free dozen tortillas.

busseys5
05-26-2006, 07:48 PM
If you're staying at a DLR hotel, you can tell the reservation person, or even the desk person when you arrive. My mother received a signed photo of Mickey and a special birthday badge with her name on it, which she wore both of the days we were there. Make sure you go to DCA and visit the Mission tortilla factory tour. If they see a birthday sticker or badge, they will give that person a free dozen tortillas.
Oh Fun! thanks!

cstephens
05-27-2006, 05:29 AM
Hi, I have sort of a newbie question. We will be in Disneyland 11 days before my son's 8th birthday. Is that too soon to celebrate in the park? I was going to get him a sticker on our 3rd day as a suprise. :confused:

Nope, not a problem at all.

I have a birthday page posted that you might find useful. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) The only update is that the cart outside Plaza Pavilion no longer sells most of that merchandise anymore.

Have a great time!

busseys5
05-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Thank you! :)

disneyperson
05-27-2006, 09:21 AM
It's lots of fun to war a birthday sticker in DL. All day the CMs will wish him a Happy Birthday.It all depends on how busy it is of course,but he may get asked if there's a special seat he'd like when boarding a ride.If you ride the train and you're near the conducter, he/or she might get the whole train to sing to him. Same on the Jungle Cruise. The characters notice too. I've even been given free desserts.

disneyochem
05-27-2006, 09:25 AM
In addition to balloons and pictures (if you are staying at a resort hotel), your son will receive a little birthday pack. Just ask for it on check-in. It has stickers, pens, and other stuff. The little goodies bags are themed--we had have princesses, Mickey and friends, Tinkerbell.

We always go the parks for both of my girls birthdays in the spring. One birthday is in April, the other in May. We alternate months that we go (one year April, this year was May). We still call it a birthday celebration for both girls and celebrate each girl on different days at the park. I have never had anyone at DL question our practice but you know kids! My DD7 told everyone this year who wished her a happy birthday that "actually her birthday was four days ago." :)

Have a great time! At that age I would highly recommend the Birthday Party at the Plaza Inn and a birthday meal at Goofy's Kitchen.

busseys5
05-27-2006, 10:28 AM
thank you so much for the tips! He is going to be so excited. He has no idea that we will be celebrating his birthday there. We have reservations for brunch at Goofy's kitchen so I will say somthing to them when we arrive. Is it ok for him to wear the sticker each day we are there? or just one of the days?

disneyperson
05-27-2006, 10:33 AM
thank you so much for the tips! He is going to be so excited. He has no idea that we will be celebrating his birthday there. We have reservations for brunch at Goofy's kitchen so I will say somthing to them when we arrive. Is it ok for him to wear the sticker each day we are there? or just one of the days?
If he wants to wear one everyday let him. One sticker won't last longer than two days at most though. You'll have to get new ones at City Hall. I think you can get sturdier Birthday Buttons at the DLR Hotels, but I'm not sure about where to go for them.

bradk
05-27-2006, 10:40 AM
goofy's kitchen should give him a birthday button too. just make sure they know.

disneyochem
05-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Yes, you will certainly get lots of birthday buttons if you are staying on-site. The hotel will make one for him and he will get one at Goofy's Kitchen if you let them know you are celebrating a birthday. Don't waste your money on the birthday goodie bag at Goofy's Kitchen. IMHO, not worth the $5. There is a Goofy shaped pen, little rattle and other stuff that gets thrown away. By letting them know it is his birthday, then he will get a cute little chocolate Mickey with a candle in it, balloons and a song sung by all the available characters.

ExPeRiMeNt629
05-27-2006, 03:33 PM
I have abox of birthday and Honoray citizen stickers that i've aquired while i was at storybook...i just stick them on street signs now.

cstephens
05-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I have abox of birthday and Honoray citizen stickers that i've aquired while i was at storybook...i just stick them on street signs now.

Nice that you're using stolen Disney property to vandalize and deface. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

disneyperson
05-27-2006, 03:38 PM
That's not cool.

ExPeRiMeNt629
05-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Its just a joke... and besides their not stole property.. your handed these day by day and you put them in your pockets to give them out by the end of your shift you are still left with them in your pocket and over the years I just have alot left over.. and i find it funny how everyone jumps to conclusions. lighen up folks humor people humor...without it life would be pointless.

CariBelle
05-28-2006, 10:29 PM
You can always ask for an extra birthday sticker when you pick up the first one, that way if your son wants to celebrate the next day as well you won't have to make the trip back to city hall.

Mommy2NicknMax
06-02-2006, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know what times they do the party at the Plaza Inn? Also, do you sign up for it in advance? Any info would be appreciated on this. We're going Sunday to celebrate my son's 6th birthday. Thanks!

bradk
06-02-2006, 10:11 AM
not sure on time, i think it's once per day and you should make a PS for it.

disney's page on it is here, but doesn't provide specifics other than the # to call for PS:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/moreMagic/specialOccasions/detail?name=BirthdaysDetailPage

cstephens
06-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Does anyone know what times they do the party at the Plaza Inn? Also, do you sign up for it in advance? Any info would be appreciated on this. We're going Sunday to celebrate my son's 6th birthday. Thanks!

They generally have two seatings, though it may only be one on weekdays.

They do take walk-ups if there's still space available, but to be safe, you should call and make a reservation.

Mommy2NicknMax
06-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the info! I did call and make reservations. They had two times on Sunday available (2:00 and 4:00). So we're set!!!!

Thanks again! :D