PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose...

Schmetterling
05-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi all! I took your suggestion and made reservations for us at Napa Rose for my birthday. Now my next question is, how much can we expect to spend there, just because we are on a budget....Thanks for all you help and info everyone!

05-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Now my next question is, how much can we expect to spend there, just because we are on a budget....

Napa Rose is not a budget restaurant. Here's a menu from Autumn 2005 (http://colddeadfish.net/naparose/napamenu.html). Maybe someone has a link to a newer menu?

averagedork
05-26-2006, 05:29 PM
I've done $75 between 2 people and one of us had the soup with a side and the other had an entree and we got a free dessert (birthday). I'd say a lot. Try going to Grandville's I love their Grand Prix (I know I killed that) menu that can be split between 2 people.

bassett1976
05-26-2006, 05:45 PM
I want to say that my wife and I spent about $100-$130. We got an appitizer (Sizzling Rock!!!) and two entrees. We also got free dessert since we were on our honeymoon.

If they ask if it's a special occasion, tell them its your bday. They might give you a wonderful dessert! If you go in thinking that they will give you something then don't expect anything. They asked us after dinner if we were celebrating anything. We were both full and didn't want dessert but since it was free...

Needless to say we had to walk another 10 miles to work it off that night.

Schmetterling
05-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Okay, SO, at those prices, I think we may cancel our reservations. That is a LOT of money for our smallish budget. Can anyone else recommend somewhere that is nice, around 40 dollars MAX? At these prices we might just head over to like Tony Roma's or something. It would be nice to have a more Disney-oriented dinner, but not at those prices!! LOL. Thanks for the help!

bassett1976
05-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Can anyone else recommend somewhere that is nice, around 40 dollars MAX?

Joes Crab Shack is a few miles down Katella, you could get dinner around $40 for the both of you. Inside of the parks you can find a lot of places. Rancho Zo Cal and PizzaPort are our favorites. We also love to go to White Water Snacks at the Grand Californian. You could also do Goofy's kitchen but it might be more than $40 total. There are some great places to eat at The Block in Orange if you can drive there.

Also, don't forget that most places at DLR will allow you to share meals. That might help the pocket book for a special meal.

averagedork
05-26-2006, 07:57 PM
You could do dessert at Napa Rose, and then something easy for dinner.

05-27-2006, 03:54 AM
Can anyone else recommend somewhere that is nice, around 40 dollars MAX?

You could order pasta and split an appetizer or dessert from the menu at Storyteller's (http://allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/men_stcd.htm) and comfortably make your $40 budget. For about $55 for the both of you, you can get the buffet which is lovely. At night, there are no characters. The atmosphere is very nice and so is the food.

cstephens
05-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Okay, SO, at those prices, I think we may cancel our reservations. That is a LOT of money for our smallish budget. Can anyone else recommend somewhere that is nice, around 40 dollars MAX? At these prices we might just head over to like Tony Roma's or something. It would be nice to have a more Disney-oriented dinner, but not at those prices!! LOL. Thanks for the help!

Depending on what you order, you can definitely get away with $40 at Catal Restaurant in Downtown Disney. Napa Rose and Catal are my two favorite restaurants at the resort.