PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 5/20 - 5/21

Family5LovesDisney
05-26-2006, 02:42 PM
What a great time my husband and I had in Disneyland last weekend (and there kids were back here in NJ so we were on our own!) :)

A few comments!

1. I got wise about the Howard Johnson. We stayed in a building that did not back to the freeway. I used the handy hotel guide they include on the website. After having a room on the freeway, next to the elevator and the ice machines last year..................I was certainly not going to have another repeat! Two tips if you are considering staying at the HO JO 1) use the map they provide when making your reservations 2) Use the 10% off coupon given off this site.

2. Our first time to ride the new and improved SPACE MOUNTAIN. We loved it but it did make us both a little sick (the part where it looks like your car is turning upside down as you go up) Loved the new soundtrack.

3. We were able to see the Fireworks show from the front of the castle (last summer we were at the Riverside Fantasmic seating and had to watch them from that angle) That show is worth the entire price of admission for a one day ticket!!!

4. Crowds were heavy on Saturday. They were pretty light on Sunday morning. We arrived around 8:15 and Before 11:00 we had done Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, The Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion (loved the cool new effects on this ride............especially the portraits with the disappearing husbands), Small World, Mr. Toad (had to ride this as you can't in WDW!), Peter Pan, Snow White, Matterhorn, & Buzz Lightyear Astro Spinners. WHEW!

5. Loved the updates for the Aladdin Show in CA. That show is one of the best things in that park! We also had front row seating for Soarin'. The new Monsters Inc Ride is cute. I can't believe they only used the small video screen on the cars for the first few minutes. I kept watching it and thinking that maybe something else would come on. Crush Turtle Talk was cute.

6. Another tip..........we did receive discounts for using our Disney Visa card. 10% off at many of the eating places and we saved on a store purchase of over $50 on Main Street. If you have one, bring it along!