PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Go Back, do you?

MonorailMan
04-23-2002, 06:43 PM
Feels like years since I've been to DLR, I want to go back. :(

I'm trying to talk Mom into the 30 of April. :)

Whats the longest you've not gone to DL?

For me, so far, it's 2 weeks. :) (For My AP)

Now, the true longest was 4 years. (Before I found My Love For Mickey) ;)

Uncle Dick
04-23-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
Feels like years since I've been to DLR, I want to go back. :(

Whats the longest you've not gone to DL?

For me, so far, it's 2 weeks. :)
Probably two years. In 1996, my family visited WDW instead of Disneyland for our annual "Disney trip".

Since I moved to Southern California, I think I've gone almost a month without Disneyland.

cemeinke
04-23-2002, 09:23 PM
I have a long dead zone that stretches from the early 90's? (Splash was up, but there was no Toontown) to about 2 years ago.

In that time I missed the opening of Toontown, Indy, the new Tomorrowland, and the opening and closing of the Rocket Rods. I have to say, upon returning I was just bewildered to what had happend to what used to be my favorite land in the park.

Scary, but I'm glad to be back and making up for lost time by visiting with a vengance.

Mouse
04-23-2002, 09:33 PM
I would have to say the longest time I spent away from Disneyland after I moved to So Cal would be after my family's APs expired 7 or so years ago. I probably didn't go for 2 to 3 years after that until finally accompanying some relatives, who came down to visit us (riiiiiiight) and went to the park as well. How convenient.:rolleyes:

Hyperboy
04-23-2002, 11:48 PM
My AP expired 2 weeks ago and I wasn't on planning on renewing till August, after I take the CA Bar Exam. (No Morrigoon, studying AT Disneyland is probably NOT the best option if I want to pass ;) )

But know what I did today? Spent two hours browsing random Disneyland websites! And listened to my Fantasmic/MSEP and Haunted Mansion CDs!

If I'm having withdrawals this bad after two weeks, I might just break down and ask a CM to sign me in. Hopefully it'll happen before I start wearing my "hyperboy" Mickey ears out in public :D

BELLEH5
04-24-2002, 12:32 AM
The longest that I haven't been to Disneyland was 12 years! Yes!!! The last time I went was way back in 1989. And then finally I had money and time off was in April 2001. I went again in November 2001 and March 2002. I was soo thrilled to go again. I was in shock, I feel like it's my first trip everytime I go. I love it:)

Morrigoon
04-24-2002, 02:00 PM
Well to each their own, hyperboy. Personally, I think the front porch of the Plaza Pavilion is a stellar study spot - good, natural light, availibility of bathrooms and food & drink, etc. Besides, we don't go on that many rides when we're at the park anyway! At least I don't, I've had days at DLR when I didn't make it past Main St!

Another added benefit: no internet to distract you! Well, no viable internet anyway, and what there is, would require entering Innoventions (shudder).

I need to go again soon... DLR is my de-stress zone. It's been so long (2 months!) that the stress is starting to affect me big time.

For the record... longest time between trips (since the day I got my first AP) is 5 months - I was on foreign exchange in England (still got my money's worth outta my AP that year - yeah!)

mad4mky
04-24-2002, 02:34 PM
For me...two years. Like Uncle Dick...our family went to WDW two years in a row instead of DL...But, getting to take The Disney Cruise while on one of those trips made it worth missing DL that year!!:D

Ace
04-24-2002, 03:16 PM
why are you asking this? it's an obvious answer... I can't imagine one person on this board saying 'no.'

MonorailMan
04-25-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan

I talked her into It! :) Only 5 days! :)