PDA

View Full Version : The Smell!

Pages : [1] 2

Canadiana Jones
05-25-2006, 11:12 PM
My favorite part of Disneyland is when you first walk through the tunnel and that wonderful Disneyland Smell hits your nose. Am I crazy, or does this smell actually exist? Does anybody know what I'm talking about? The "smell" as I have labelled it, is an attraction in itself to me. I find it most potent in the Bank. What are other simple, yet oh so important aspects of Disneyland that make it special to you?

Opus1guy
05-25-2006, 11:15 PM
That left hand tunnel entering Disneyland has always been famously notorious for producing disgusting methane gas from it's drainage grates. I hope that's not the smell you're referring to!!!

;)

darph nader
05-25-2006, 11:33 PM
That left hand tunnel entering Disneyland has always been famously notorious for producing disgusting methane gas from it's drainage grates. I hope that's not the smell you're referring to!!!

;)

NO NO NO.The smell is CHURROS,the steam engines,popcorn.Candy from down the street. Corndogs.btw,I've smelled the 'gas' of which you speak.:rolleyes:

Opus1guy
05-25-2006, 11:45 PM
btw,I've smelled the 'gas' of which you speak

I used to joke to my honey that we were passing the final resting place of Jimmy Hoffa, when we walked under the tunnel and smelled that. If things pan out back East for the FBI this week...I may have to come up with some other gag for that spot. :)

Another Dimension
05-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Disneyland has many pleasent smells... and in some places and at sometimes has one unpleasent stench. :(

SpaceMTJunkie
05-26-2006, 07:30 AM
It always smells like 18 kinds of butt in front of the indy queue.

wabby1
05-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Personally, I love the humid type of smell in PIRATES....I think D/L definitely has some smells....and churros, corn dogs, those types....I love it.

Shadowcat
05-26-2006, 08:11 AM
The scent of the Haunted Mansion is stands out in my mind the most. I swear you could blind fold me and I'd know when I was getting close to the haunted mansion! lol!

TENORDRUMMER
05-26-2006, 08:22 AM
I love the smell going into the tunnels on the trains. As a kid I also loved the smell of the Autopia cars, before they changed them. I also love the smell walking by the candy shop on Main Street.

Raven
05-26-2006, 09:36 AM
My favorites are Pirates and the Ice Cream shop on Main Street. Everytime I go into a Cold Stone, I think of Disneyland!

JookyG
05-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Personally, I love the humid type of smell in PIRATES....I think D/L definitely has some smells....and churros, corn dogs, those types....I love it.

I love that smell! Water and mildew. When I went to New Orleans a few years a go, I was surprised to find out how authentic it is. Much of N.O. also smells of water and mildew, and sometimes I catch a whiff in Seattle after a long stretch of rain.

BTW, last time I was on Pirates, in December, the smell was completely gone, and was replace by the stench of bleach/chlorine--so much that members of my party were actually suffering from the fumes.

disneyhound
05-26-2006, 09:53 AM
...BTW, last time I was on Pirates, in December, the smell was completely gone, and was replace by the stench of bleach/chlorine--so much that members of my party were actually suffering from the fumes.
Did you seek advice from your attorney? Sounds like the makings of a Case-Action suit to me; I believe I smelled chlorine also, back at the hotel…
:p

Opus1guy
05-26-2006, 09:58 AM
"Adventure Thru Inner Space" always had a unique smell to it. And no...I'm not talking about the wacky weed you often smelled in there. ;) It was kind of a mix of Air Conditioning and plastics.

simbaNnala101
05-26-2006, 11:01 AM
I love the smells and the sounds. There is a smell in indy when you are walking through it to get on the ride that i love. Also in pirates when you get between the ship and the wall and they are fighting the mist and everything down there has a scertain smell that i love. Also with sounds I love the sounds of the roller costers when you are being pulled up to the drop expecially thunder mt. because it is so old that it is a lot louder then most of the newer greased roller coasters.

~Ash~

DangerMouse
05-26-2006, 12:15 PM
I know most people disagree, but I LOVE the smell of the coffee roasting as you enter DCA. Smells like burnt toast. :)

Omnitographer
05-26-2006, 12:15 PM
anyone else notice that the part of indiana jones just past the temple entrance, the area that is all bambo and has the exit half of the line exposed overhead, has a realy strong funk? sometimes i cant stand it and cover my nose...

lobotomomma
05-26-2006, 12:40 PM
My last trip to DL in March POTC was closed,and I was so sad to not only miss the ride, but also the mildewy water smell that I LOVE....something about it and the other water rides (IASW, Splash, Jungle Cruise, Storybook Boats) I just adore... you're not alone, JookyG!!
I noticed a strange smell when we were by Indy but I just thought my youngest DD had just dropped a load in her pants....it was kind-of funky!
I also like the food smells like churros and popcorns as you pass by...and the candy palace? Ummmm...candy.

cymplaya
05-26-2006, 12:52 PM

ROFL X 100000 LOL!!!!

Wiggler
05-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Call me crazy, but I have a strong memory of the smell of the parking lot trams! It brings back good memories for me every time.

Disney Vault
05-26-2006, 01:32 PM
I would say that smell was in front of PotC too. But I think they might have fixed whatever problem that was.

Canadiana Jones
05-26-2006, 04:43 PM
I love that smell! Water and mildew. When I went to New Orleans a few years a go, I was surprised to find out how authentic it is. Much of N.O. also smells of water and mildew, and sometimes I catch a whiff in Seattle after a long stretch of rain.

BTW, last time I was on Pirates, in December, the smell was completely gone, and was replace by the stench of bleach/chlorine--so much that members of my party were actually suffering from the fumes.

This is the smell I was talking about. When you enter through the right tunnel and not the left. Its that humid, mildewy, old smell much the same as Pirates.

Squeaky
05-26-2006, 06:45 PM
I would say that smell was in front of PotC too. But I think they might have fixed whatever problem that was.

I love the mildew-y watery smell of pirates, but when they open up the queue to the left of the building, I wont ride... it smells horrible back there, like sewage!

ActionMarco
05-29-2006, 11:31 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Disney Vault
05-29-2006, 11:43 AM
I love the mildew-y watery smell of pirates, but when they open up the queue to the left of the building, I wont ride... it smells horrible back there, like sewage!
That's not the smell I was talking about. I have no problem with the smell of the ride or anywhere in that building. It was as soon as you went under the bridge to enter the line that there was a very strong bad smell.

Koala Gurl
05-29-2006, 11:58 AM
When I went to New Orleans a few years a go, I was surprised to find out how authentic it is. Much of N.O. also smells of water and mildew...

When I was there a few years ago, I was so disappointed...it smelled like urine & mildew!

But, on topic, I LOVE the POTC smell, and yeah, I noticed the HM smell by the Bank. I was sitting outside waiting for friends to take care of AP stuff, and I got a nice whiff! :)