PDA

View Full Version : Goat Trick

doombuggy driver
05-25-2006, 06:26 AM
What is the goat trick on BTMR?

stan4d_steph
05-25-2006, 06:32 AM
Ahhh... the goat trick

(it pays to be on the east coast sometimes...)

05-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Settle yourself, Grasshopper.
Empty your mind of thought and intention.
On the mountain, you see hell and tremble
But turn backward and find The Goat Trick.

Vegitabeta
05-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Ah, the Goat Trick...I remember the day when I was let into the mystery that is...The Goat Trick...

adriennek
05-25-2006, 07:17 AM
There's a goat on BTMRR.

When you see him, keep your eye on him as long as you can.

Turn your head if you have to.

Now you feel like vomiting.

The further back in the train you are, the stronger the sensation.

Yeah, I don't get the appeal of it either, but Steph already gave the definitive answer.

Adrienne

bradk
05-25-2006, 07:29 AM
the goat:

http://bradk.smugmug.com/photos/69704354-M.jpg

disneyhound
05-25-2006, 08:37 AM
The reeeeaaallll trick is just trying to spot that pesky goat; he is soooo fast and extremely skiddish! One time we spotted him hiding in the POTC dressed up as a donkey...

amarvel
05-25-2006, 09:01 AM
The real trick is really keep staring at him even longer then you think you need to, *that* is when you get the real benefit. :)

Vegitabeta
05-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Here's photographic evidence (http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j242/Vegitabeta/Odd%20Stuff/?action=view&current=TheGoatTrick.jpg) of the Goat Trick! sdfilmcritic is on there lol. Sorry, the picture isn't very big.

disneyperson
05-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Ahhh... the goat trick

hahahahaha.

Andrew
05-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Ahhh... the goat trick

Noooooo...

potzbie
05-25-2006, 10:45 AM
One time we spotted him hiding in the POTC dressed up as a donkey...

Was he in SHREK?
Gosh willikers!--That goat can really act!
:)

mulansgirl
05-29-2006, 09:52 PM
How strange in my family we have a goat game. As soon as you see the goat everyone yells GOOOOAAAAAT as loud and long as they can. My brother-in-law always wins because he is a Music teacher, totaly unfair. I can make it to the wood tunnel. I have never heard of staring at the goat as long as you can. But to each family its own.

Another Dimension
05-29-2006, 11:58 PM
Ahhhh...... :D

Row 15 is the Holy Grail!

Omnitographer
05-30-2006, 05:55 AM
While the reason for the goat trick is somewhat of a mystery too me, could it not be possible to achieve the same effect by riding with your eyes closed? in fact, i think going blind in the ride would be more intense since you cant see what your getting into up ahead :D

bradk
05-30-2006, 06:19 AM
it's not really the same, because here you're focusing on a stationary object while you're turning around it. it would probably be more like spinning around constantly but much more intense.

junglemom
05-30-2006, 08:19 AM
While the reason for the goat trick is somewhat of a mystery too me, could it not be possible to achieve the same effect by riding with your eyes closed? in fact, i think going blind in the ride would be more intense since you cant see what your getting into up ahead :D

I do that... not everytime. It definitely makes it unpredictable. I have to brace my back though, one time I really jarred it, and I have no back problems what so ever. Another fun one was trying to video my three year old face. I had my attention on him the whole time, and really got thrown around! Very fun! The goat trick while fun, has never gotten me dizzy.

hg0079
05-30-2006, 09:41 AM
for us we would always turn around right after the climb up as you entered into daylight again....is you turned too soon a CM would yell out at you to turn around

adriennek
05-30-2006, 10:17 AM

Actually, I close my eyes on Space Mountain and Star Tours to reduce the illusions that cause me to feel ill. That fast brake at the end of Space Mountain does me in every time. If I close my eyes, it's not nearly as bad.

Part of the "trick" is how you're focusing on the goat while the rest of the scenery flies by.

Adrienne

disneyland addict13
05-30-2006, 09:33 PM
My entire family went to Disneyland together last summer. There was about 20 of us. One day all of my cousins and I took that last 4 rows of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and being the avid Mouseplanet reader that I am, I informed them of the Goat Trick. As we climbed the large hill leading up to "the goat" we were all chanting "goat trick! goat trick! goat trick!" and we were getting some very odd looks from other people on our train. But it didn't matter because soon after, I had the extreme satisfaction of hearing every single one of my younger cousins scream in delight when they felt the odd sensation in their stomach that the goat trick brought on. Now, everytime we ride, we do the goat trick. It just makes that incredible ride even better. We have even tried doing the goat trick on other parts of the ride without the goat but it really just doesn't work right unless you're on the turn around the goat! :D

TowerofTerror
05-30-2006, 09:37 PM
i love that trick. I do it ever time I ride it.

ghoofie
05-31-2006, 08:12 AM
for us we would always turn around right after the climb up as you entered into daylight again....is you turned too soon a CM would yell out at you to turn around

Our favorite way to ride thunder is to wait for the very back row. Then
we look backwards the entire ride. It's like the goat trick for the entire time.
It's a blast because you can't anticpate turns and drops. We have never
had a CM tell us to turn around.