PDA

View Full Version : horse drawn street cars

mommy-san
05-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Does anyone know the names of the horses that 'pull' the street cars? My daughter has the 'I drove the horse drawn streetcar' sticker but I forget the horses name and I'm sure I'd know it if I read it.

bradk
05-24-2006, 04:24 PM
I know Kate. and I think Smoke or something to that effect.

josephfive
05-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Ike is one.

ralfrick
05-24-2006, 06:59 PM
I do know if the horse has, uh, digestive issues, the CM will lie, or at least feign ignorance, in response to a child's question. Seriously, though, they only work 4 hour shifts, and there are probably a few.

Cheers.

mousemom
05-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Do they let kids drive the horse drawn cars on a regular basis? I never thought to ask!

mommy-san
05-25-2006, 06:29 AM
I don't know if its really common, but if they have a sticker for it, it must be.
My daughter wanted so badly to just ride the street car- but I had a stroller etc. and a 1 year old and I was at Disneyland by myself with both kids for the day. I dreaded the idea of packing it all up to go for a ride. So the girls on the carriage said my 5 year old could go with them for one trip around main st. and the hub- BY HERSELF. Yeah, I was nervous but they assured me that they wouldn't let her get off and that she could ride in the very front with them. That was the highlight of my daughters day. Me, well, I thought I might need blood pressure medication and a psychiatrist for letting her out of my sight at disneyland!

hlbtimes2
05-25-2006, 07:52 AM
Chip was the horse the day I rode. (Sunday May 7th, early AM). They had a huge name tag in the street car for him.