PDA

View Full Version : Practically Perfect Tea - Anyone Been?

cyberRoo
04-23-2002, 04:36 PM
I'm thinking about doing the Mary Poppins Tea for my birthday... Has anyone been? Any reviews? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Uncle Dick
04-23-2002, 05:02 PM
Check out this link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm020307.htm) for a review.

MouseWife
04-23-2002, 05:31 PM
Hopefully I am not raining on someones' parade unnecessarily, but, I thought that they were going to discontinue the teas, maybe end of April or May?

If not, I'd love to know!!

cstephens
04-23-2002, 05:45 PM
It's kinda old, and rather short, but in case it helps at all: http://www.colddeadfish.net/ppt110500.html.

/cs

SzczerbiakManiac
04-23-2002, 06:41 PM
Yes, my Mom and I went a couple months ago. According to Mary herself, it's being offered until August.

Mom and I had a wonderful time. We would both recommend planning on having a real meal either before or after (I'd suggest after) because PPT is not filling. Also, be sure to bring a camera.

MammaSilva
04-23-2002, 06:59 PM
We've done both the "High Tea" and the brunch one, of the two I recommend the "high tea" but totally agree, plan on eating lunch before you go because you will NOT be satisfied with the small servings but it is a wonderful experience and the cost is well worth it IMHO....and yeah DO not forget your camera....and have fun!

awinner
04-23-2002, 11:12 PM
actually i went to the tea this past saturday...it is important to make reservations asap...1 month if possible like we did...they were turning people away at the door. I was one of the only males in there w/ my wife. It was quite good. there is a chocolate chip scone and an eclair waiting. I am not a small guy by any means...and I was stuffed...I think the key here to being full is to have 3 pots of tea like i did...then they bring some mushroom soup and 4 sandwiches, then they bring an apple cake and some type of jelly tart. it costs about 23 for adults and 14 for kids. it is going on until sept. 27, but mary poppins told me she had a feeling it would be extended because it is sold out every day. the times are 10, 1, & 3. Mary does 3 sets of songs, take pics w/ you, and chats w/ everyone for a bit. I am going back asap.

adriennek
04-24-2002, 07:09 AM
Even if it isn't sold out, they would most likely turn people away at the door-- the food is prepared ahead of time so they have enough for the number of people who have reservations. This is part of the reason that no-shows get charged: they have the food ready even if you don't show up.

If you're interested in going, do try to get reservations ahead of time, but even if you think it might be booked, go ahead and try to make reservations, you never know.

Adrienne K

cyberRoo
04-24-2002, 11:09 AM
Thanks to everyone! It definitely sounds like something we'll want to do... hopefully now we can get reservations!