PDA

View Full Version : little gifts for CMs?

jMom
05-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Hello: I have a question for CMs. We're headed to DL next week and my 3 yo daughter likes to give her drawings to people. Do you think it would be okay if she gave little drawings to Mickey or Minnie? Maybe one of the princesses?

bradk
05-24-2006, 09:21 AM
i'm not your target audience here, but FWIW, i've heard from friends of characters (and relatives of friends) that usually not only are those sorts of things appreciated but they're often treasured, ending up being posted backstage or going home with the recipient.

kohl
05-24-2006, 10:14 AM
My daughter (who is now 10) Used to draw pictures for all the Princesses every time we went. Several different Princesses have told us that they love to get pictures and she posted them in the back where she saw it everytime she worked!

dsnydon
05-24-2006, 10:19 AM
We love to get things form kids, many of us live for it!!:D

momsat1
05-24-2006, 10:37 AM
My son drew a picture of the Engine 1 for Cliff and Norm (who are enginers) and Eric (who works at the Main Street Station). They had taken him on a ride around the park on our visit in November. When he found out we were going for Spring Break he drew this large picture for them all on his own. When he took it to the station they let him deliver it to Cliff or Norm (can't remember which one was there) when the train they were on came around. It was a great Disney moment for our family!:)

TENORDRUMMER
05-24-2006, 01:42 PM
As a former cast member, something like that would not be frowned upon by mgmt., unless it was monetary in nature or say like movie tickets for example. We were not allowed to accept those types of gifts. But again, something like a neat picture of a Disney character drawn by a child, would indeed be a treasure to accept and keep.

disneyperson
05-24-2006, 01:58 PM
When Zero was about 4, she gave a drawing to a princess. When we saw the same princess the next day, she said to Zero, "I remember you. You gave me that pretty picture yesterday." Yes, I think CMs appreciate thoughtful gifts from children.