PDA

View Full Version : Short Stay

Fritz
05-23-2006, 12:23 PM
I will be going to LA on business the second week in June and have one day that I will get off at 1:00. Is it worth trying to go to the park for only a short evening? I have been to WDW many times but would love to see the park that Walt built. Thanks for any help.

PJTinkerbell
05-23-2006, 12:25 PM
YES!!! It's the original. Even if you get to go for a few hours it will be SO worth it!

Frogberto
05-23-2006, 12:35 PM
In my opinion, YES. I visit the park for two hours most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and on Sundays, I usually don't enter until after lunch, around 1:30 p.m. or so. At the time of year you're going at, everything will be up and running, and the park will be open to midnight, so you'll still have a full 11 hour day!

hlbtimes2
05-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Are you kidding? Almost everyone on this board is going to say YES, a few hours at DL is better then nothing at all. Take time for a visit, even if its a short one.

findin mickeys
05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Since at that time the park will be open until midnight every night, I would seriously consider getting a pass for the days you will be there. Even if you are not out until 5:00 or 6:00 the other days, that would be 6+ hours you could spend at the park!:D

findin mickeys
05-23-2006, 01:27 PM
I visit the park for two hours most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and on Sundays, I usually don't enter until after lunch, around 1:30 p.m. or so.

Okay Frogberto. I am officially completely jealous of you now!:D

Frogberto
05-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Okay Frogberto. I am officially completely jealous of you now!:D

No need to be jealous. During the week I'm in dress shoes, and a tie, and often get mistaken for a cast member -- I get lots of questions! My feet hurt afterwards, even though it's only two hours.

I always end up leaving with a huge grin on my face, however, which helps when I get to work.

acpalmer
05-24-2006, 06:18 AM
It might not actually be open until Midnight every night, as there are two grad nights that week that close it at 9:00, so depending on what day you are looking at, that could be the closing time. That said, I'd still go even if close is at 9 if it were me!

stan4d_steph
05-24-2006, 07:07 AM
It's going to be a long drive, with potential for a lot of time sitting in traffic. If you will regret not having tried, then go. I would see how you're feeling and also check on closing times so that you don't short change yourself on hours.

CrazyTrain
05-25-2006, 03:27 PM
A weekday at 1 from L.A. (where in L.A. exactly?) the trffic _shouldn't_ be too bad. Just stay until later in the evening to miss rush hour traffic!!

keschy
05-25-2006, 03:37 PM
The first time we ever went we we arrived around 2:00 in the afternoon planning to stay until dinner time. We stayed until closing at midnight and had a wonderful time! Especially if you just want to get a "feel" for Disneyland you could walk the whole park just to see it and then do rides and dinner etc. You'll have a great time no matter how long you're there for.