PDA

View Full Version : Does Disneyland offer a "Meal Deal"?

Monte Cristo
05-23-2006, 09:25 AM
I was reading in the recent Miceage update about an all you can eat "meal deal" that Universal offers, and in passing the author mentioned that DL offers it as well.

Anyone have any info on this?

Shadowcat
05-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Disneyland/DCA doesn't offer this type of park(s)-wide meal pass (unless I have totally missed something). I wish they did though! I was trying to comb through that article and couldn't find a mention of the Disney Resort anywhere. He mentioned California, but I think he was talking about the Universal Studios in California.

Darkbeer
05-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Universal Studios Hollywood was where the All you Can Eat pass started, Orlando just started to offer it.

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/hollywood/website/tic_ayce.html

I doubt that Disney would offer something like this.

TripleTrouble
05-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Disney Travel does offer meal plans with their vacation packages. I would advise against it. We did it for our first visit with the kids 4 years ago and it worked well. We did it again the following year and they had changed the procedures on using the vouchers and most restaurant employees were confused by them. Almost every meal, we would have to get them to get a manager in order for them to take our vouchers. If you do use the meal plan, you don't save anything. It was just nice to have it already paid for and to not have to worry about cash.

Darkbeer
05-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Let me add, all the Disney Meal Packages are just pre-paid vouchers with a set dollar amount. You can buy off the menu up to that price, if you go over, you are expected to pay the difference, if you don't hit the price, you do NOT get any change. Some folks do it for convenience, but it doesn't save you anything, and most folks end up buying more than they want, it is common for guests to add desserts and other items that they can take off-property for later, just to get close to the voucher value.

Monte Cristo
05-24-2006, 07:50 AM
Ah, sounded too good to be true. Thanks guys.

annieb727
08-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Universal Studios Hollywood was where the All you Can Eat pass started, Orlando just started to offer it.

darkbeer...do you happen to know how much this costs at USH?

annieb727
08-17-2006, 04:25 PM
nevermind...started digging more on the USH website and i found it - $19.95/adult, $9.95/child.

Rockchalker
08-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Let me add, all the Disney Meal Packages are just pre-paid vouchers with a set dollar amount. You can buy off the menu up to that price, if you go over, you are expected to pay the difference, if you don't hit the price, you do NOT get any change. Some folks do it for convenience, but it doesn't save you anything, and most folks end up buying more than they want, it is common for guests to add desserts and other items that they can take off-property for later, just to get close to the voucher value.

So why even offer this plan? One of the things that really sold us on the WDW for next year is their dining plan. It is a great value. One sit down meal a day with appetizer, entree, and drink, one counter service, and one snack. It also includes tax and tip. For my DH, DD, and I it is less than $90 a day. I am surprised DL does not go this route.

kiwifuz
08-17-2006, 08:02 PM
I think that they offer this for the convenience of people who want to have everything pre-paid and preplanned.

I think they don't do the plan WDW does because they don't have as many dining options when it comes to full service sit down places. That would be my guess anyway.

Personally if I was looking to make sure I had enough to eat I would devise a plan for how much we're eating, where, & when and just buy Disney Dollars for this purpose ahead of time. That or gift cards.

But on the other hand we don't generally stay on property so we tend to hit other local food establishments while we're in town. Partially due to the lack of sit down restaurants, partially because we don't spend every hour in the park (oh and my DH loves to find beer places with food.).

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
08-18-2006, 08:11 PM
nevermind...started digging more on the USH website and i found it - $19.95/adult, $9.95/child.

All I can eat for $20 a day? Oh, potentially, that could be dangerous!

annieb727
08-18-2006, 09:01 PM
All I can eat for $20 a day? Oh, potentially, that could be dangerous!

hahaha...I just found out it went up to $24.95. But yeah...if you like to eat a lot - which is one of the fun parts of vacation :p

flipboitwo3
08-19-2006, 01:10 AM
actually i was recently in WDW and the meal plan we had was different than the ones described. for each day of our visit we had 1 snack, 1 table service and 1 counter service per guest. it was a great save for money.

Bride2B
08-20-2006, 01:00 PM

I'm going to DL and USH as part of my honeymoon in October... Is it possible to purchase this meal pass at Universal for one person... and then just "share" your food with someone else? ;) Do they have anything in place to stop people from doing that?

annieb727
08-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm going to DL and USH as part of my honeymoon in October... Is it possible to purchase this meal pass at Universal for one person... and then just "share" your food with someone else? ;) Do they have anything in place to stop people from doing that?

it's only good at three restaurants at Universal - and you can't do takeout - you actually have to stay there and eat it. So i'm not sure it would work...but there are probably ways to get around the system.

Bride2B
08-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Oops... sure enough, I checked the website and it says "no sharing." They probably keep an eye out for this, I guess.

faithbaby
09-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Is it a good deal or no? I'm looking at the 3 day plan for 2 adults and 2 kids. Are the meal and snack vouchers good everywhere? What about in DTD?

Edit to say:
NEVER MIND!!!! After a little more research, I think I've decided to NOT do this....