PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks AFTER the 50th?

oohykitten
05-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Is there any plan (yes I know I should have searched, I am sure this has been answered a 100 times and I look like a dork) to keep them after the 50th is "gone"? I know Believe and the parade stuck around for a while after the 45th, was curious if there was any chance that could happen again with these shows.

chrisaustx
05-23-2006, 10:47 AM
From what I have read here, the fireworks and all the 50th stuff will come down at the end of September. I heard that a new Halloween fireworks show will begin after September.

ministrychick77
05-23-2006, 01:51 PM
i've heard that after the 50th is "over", they'll keep the fireworks around until the end of the year.... they might weave some halloween parts into it, but that's just what i've read. i'm planning a 1 year wedding anniversary trip from oct. 29th to nov. 4. that's what i've tracked down..

Darkbeer
05-23-2006, 02:06 PM
i've heard that after the 50th is "over", they'll keep the fireworks around until the end of the year.... they might weave some halloween parts into it, but that's just what i've read. i'm planning a 1 year wedding anniversary trip from oct. 29th to nov. 4. that's what i've tracked down..

That is NOT what I have heard, Disney (aka TDA) wants Remember to be over as soon as possible, due to many factors, including guest control and other costs.

They want a NEW show that is less "Hub-centric", and about 10 minutes long, instead of the current show. The current rumored plans have them offering the last Remember on Septeber 24th, then a NEW Halloween show starting Friday Sept. 29th to match up with the return of Haunted Mansion Holiday, then the return of a Christmas themed Fireworks show on November 10th. Both of these shows will have new soundtracks, and will not feature the fireworks on the castle, along Main Street or on the Matterhorn. More than likely both shows will feature projections at it's a small world and the Castle, and maybe even along the Rivers of America. Disney REALLY wants to spread the guests around the park, and not to have them all at the Hub and along Main Street.

Mommy2NicknMax
05-23-2006, 03:04 PM
As much as I like the 50th fireworks, I will be glad to see them gone. It'll be nice to have Holiday fireworks back and Halloween fireworks too?! I can't wait!

chrisaustx
05-23-2006, 09:21 PM
When I leave class at night at CSUF, I can tell which nights Disneyland has had fireworks during the weekdays, the smoke plume stretches for miles. Remember is a big polluter in the area, I can't see how the Air Quality Management Board has allowed it to go on, for as long as it has. I drove by the Harbor Blvd, overpass on I-5 right after the show recently, and the smoke was very thick in the area. So I am sure the neighbors on Ball Road, will be happy to see Remember go to yesterland.

twist1980
05-23-2006, 09:27 PM
As much as I like the 50th fireworks, I will be glad to see them gone. It'll be nice to have Holiday fireworks back and Halloween fireworks too?! I can't wait!

I'm excited for the possibility of new fireworks too Mommy2NicknMax!

I'll be going again in late October, so hopefully they will do a Halloween show!

iwannabeanimagineer
05-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Until the Holiday and now 50th Fireworks shows, I don't remember DL having fireworks at all outside the summer season. Am I wrong about this? Doesn't say they won't do it in the future, I'm just trying to remember what the pattern has been up until now.

Assuming I'm correct, my bet is that the 50th Fireworks will be followed by nothing, followed by the 2006 Holiday fireworks, followed by more nothing, followed by a new show for Summer 2007.

And as long as we're using our imaginations, how cool would it be to have multiple fireworks shows or a single show with "scenes" or "acts" with low-level pyro effects in each of the lands? Cool themes, more dispersed crowds, I like the idea. Maybe one for Toontown and IASW, one for Fantasyland and the Hub, one for the Rivers of America, Adventureland and Frontierland, one for Tomorrowland and the Submarine Lagoon and maybe even some in DCA. And while I'm on the subject, they should take into consideration what it's like to be on an outdoor attraction during the show: throw something in for the people on the Monorail or the Sunwheel, etc.

chrisaustx
05-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Disneyland has a new management team now. John Lasseter was on the radio in San Francisco this week, discussing his vision for Disneyland. If a seasonal fireworks show brings in the crowds and the cash, they will do it. The idea is to keep that park packed, the hotels booked and the cash coming in the door, so I strongly believe Disneyland will continue to have some type of fireworks show on the weekends. When I was a kid, Disneyland only had fireworks in the summer, you had to wait for months to see it.

Another Dimension
05-24-2006, 10:50 PM
From what I have read here, the fireworks and all the 50th stuff will come down at the end of September. I heard that a new Halloween fireworks show will begin after September.

So Disneyland is getting HalloWishes (or whatever it's possibly going to be renamed)?

I hope if Disneyland gets a Halloween fireworks show...
it's got a much better soundtrack than HalloWishes from WDW.

With Remember gone... is Believe in Holiday Magic scheduled to return?

chrisaustx
05-24-2006, 11:12 PM
The new boss over Disneyland, John Lasseter ,doesn't want any Pressler/Harriss productions to return to the park. My guess is that a new Christmas parade, Christmas fireworks show and original Halloween fireworks shows are coming our way this year. John Lasseter said this week he has some big ideas for the park and many of them are in development right now.

"I believe in the nobility of entertaining people, and I take great, great pride that people are willing to give me two or three hours out of their busy lives. I don't want anyone to feel they wasted any of their time or money to see one of our films or ride one of our rides or go see one of our shows.
Why? Because I love taking my family to a movie or to Disneyland" --John Lasseter

Darkbeer
05-24-2006, 11:14 PM
So Disneyland is getting HalloWishes (or whatever it's possibly going to be renamed)?

I hope if Disneyland gets a Halloween fireworks show...
it's got a much better soundtrack than HalloWishes from WDW.

With Remember gone... is Believe in Holiday Magic scheduled to return?

I clearly said RUMORED, but yes, it looks like that is what Disney decided to help prevent complaints when the 50th ends....

And yes, instead of Remember with a Christmas ending tag with snow, the rumored plan is to bring back a fully Christmas themed Fireworks show starting November 10th. Not sure if it will just be the return of Believe in Holiday Magic, or a new show. (Heck, I am pretty sure that final decision hasn't been made yet)

Leslie21
05-24-2006, 11:44 PM
This all sounds very interesting, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I'd love to see a halloween themed fireworks show. In addition, I'd also love to see some new Christmas stuff (if it happens), I'm always at the park from Nov. 10-12 and I love seeing the Christmas overlays on my birthday even if it is more than a month before Christmas ;)

chrisaustx
05-24-2006, 11:51 PM
We will see what happens in October, John Lasseter was speaking this week in San Francisco about some of his plans for Disneyland. I think some major changes are coming in the next few months, including an Incredibles ride which is coming to the rear parking lot of DCA. Disneyland is going to hype this Pirates re-opening like nothing that has ever been seen, so that is the next big thing we are going to see.

Squeaky
05-25-2006, 09:24 PM
I really liked hearing that John Lasseter was a Jungle Cruise Skipper back in the day... hooray!! It's awesome to know that he knows the lay of the land, the experiences of the CM and how to run things! Hopefully he'll bring back the old way of running Disneyland and fix it all up!!

p.s.Hooray for the Sarah and No-Name morning crew in Cars! yay!

chrisaustx
05-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Another board reported some remarks by John Lasseter this week about DCA and MGM Studios Paris, he plans to make major changes to both parks. I think being a Disneyland custodial sweeper, should be the prerequisite for any management job at Disneyland. Mr. Lasseter started out in the 70's at Disneyland sweeping . :)