PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Dark Ride?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MonorailMan
04-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Time For A More Classic Thread. What is your favorite Dark Ride?

Mine has to be Mr. Toads Wild ride, when you go to "The Underworld" and back. :)

What's Yours?

MouseWife
04-23-2002, 03:06 PM
Ya know, when I saw the heading, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is just what I thought!!!

A little bit of everything and I love it!

MammaSilva
04-23-2002, 03:07 PM
hmm toss up between HM, PoC and Peter Pan!

mad4mky
04-23-2002, 03:11 PM
Indiana Jones

Gemini Cricket
04-23-2002, 03:16 PM
PoTC. It's a nice long ride, new elements are put in from time to time, it's a great place to relax and it's fun. :)

innerSpaceman
04-23-2002, 03:16 PM
Well, my favorite ride in the almost-dark is Space Mountain, but my favorite "Dark Ride" is, drumroll please, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

Ghoulish Delight
04-23-2002, 03:19 PM
Haunted Mansion is my favorite dark ride, hands down.

Of the more traditional style dark rides, Mr. Toad's takes the cake. Never a dull moment on that ride.

innerSpaceman
04-23-2002, 03:28 PM
Not to insist upon foisting a particular definition upon anyone, but I always thought of dark rides as the rather cheesy ones, not the E-tickets. But if it qualifies, and as the Park's true 'dark' ride in mood, Haunted Mansion - being my favorite ride period - must then be my favorite dark ride.

As for the cheesy variety - best dark ride ever was 'Adventure thru Inner Space'

hefferdude
04-23-2002, 04:05 PM
Peter Pan, a true classic. It took me awhile to figure out the
filght over London effect. Duh!
Stretching the dark ride definition quite a bit and ONLY at night -
it would be a toss up between People Mover:crying: Cable Cars:crying: :crying: and Jungle Boat
but I'm only talking ONLY at night.:cool:

Iceman
04-23-2002, 04:33 PM
I would have to say Peter Pan's Flight. Mr. Toad is great, too, but the suspended flying ships was a stroke of genius, and the London cityscape is just so well done. Ah, the good old days of Imagineering...

Ace
04-23-2002, 04:58 PM
watch, I'm psychic. this thread will turn into a debate over the definition of a "dark ride."

HTHBellcaptain
04-23-2002, 06:15 PM
My favorite traditional dark ride is Alice in Wonderland. I wish we had it in Florida.

MickeyD
04-23-2002, 06:18 PM
Right now my favorite is Peter Pan.

DLfreak
04-23-2002, 06:18 PM
I do think of the dark rides being ones like Pinnochio, Mr. Toad, etc....And my favorite would be Mr. Toad. :)
But if we are stretching it to include other 'dark' rides...I would have to say Haunted Mansion. Especially Haunted Mansion Holiday. :D

HBDisneyPrincess
04-23-2002, 08:50 PM
My favorite Fantasyland Dark ride is Alice in Wonderland at Disneyland. If we were going to stretch it, though, Indy at Disneyland is my favorite at Disneyland, and Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris...(more "dark ride", I think, than Indy, since it is lit up by black light like the traditional dark rides - also like Aersomith's Rockin' Roller Coaster)

disneyholic family
04-23-2002, 09:23 PM
i also think of dark rides as the cheesy C ticket rides (or were they D tickets?....i can't remember)....

at MK it would have to be Peter Pan.....
i can't remember mr. toad, although i know i enjoyed it, but without question Peter Pan would still be my choice...
i love that feeling of flying over london...

Tigertail777
04-23-2002, 11:49 PM
Of the traditional dark rides, (the fantasyland ones) I would say either alice (love the whole part of coming outside and back in), or mr. toad (what other ride has the audicity to send you to h-e-double toothpicks?), although I must admit the hell scene does get to my athsma with all of the steam, but I wouldn't change a thing. If we are stretching things to a ride in the dark, then it definately has to be pirates, especially the skeleton grotto part... god I so love that!

justagrrl
04-24-2002, 05:42 AM
Traditional - Mr. Toad....I just love the fact that I can say I went to hell and back....but then Peter Pan is pretty darn cool too...

But since HM and Pirates are at the top of my list of favorite rides over all - I should pick one of those...but I never really thought of them as "dark" rides for some reason.

Ghoulish Delight
04-24-2002, 07:10 AM
OKay, first, I'm changing my answer. In the traditional dark ride category, I should have said Alice. I LOVE that ride.

And I hate to prove Squinky right but....

I don't think coasters, no matter how dark, count as "dark rides". It takes more than darkness and blacklights. To me, it means having distinct 'scenes' to look at with SOME sort of story to tell. It doesn't have to be a complete, coherent story, but it has to be more than "moving through darkness."

Matterhorn Fan
04-24-2002, 12:50 PM
Toad . . . no, Alice . . . no, Toad . . .

You can't make me choose!

no1here
04-24-2002, 01:17 PM
This may sound sacreligious but I really loved the now defunct Knott's Bear-y Tales which was actually designed by former Imagineers.

hbquikcomjamesl
04-24-2002, 02:00 PM
Hmm. It's been so long since I've done Toad, I've forgotten it. (The line is always so long) It's been a while since I've done Peter Pan, for the same reason. I barely remember the last time I did Alice. I find myself doing Snow White and Pinocchio fairly frequently, simply because the lines are usually almost nonexistent. (Why do I sound like I'm talking about mind-altering pharmaceuticals?)

What I'm wondering is why nobody's mentioned Roger Rabbit.

Ace
04-24-2002, 02:35 PM
why do so many like toad? it's not that impressive. Peter Pan would be ok, if not for it being about 20 seconds long. My favorite is probably Alice, since the leaf part rules and the bugs are so cute.

SoCalSnowWhite
04-24-2002, 03:34 PM
Haunted Mansion, of course!!! Well, actually, Haunted Mansion Holiday is definitely the best. Sandy Claws!!! CAn't wait for Halloween...

splashmtgurl2005
04-24-2002, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone first poster here!
I would have to say my favorite dark ride(s) would have to be Alice in wonderland, Peter Pan (love the london scene love the fact as ur flyin in the window the blocks spell disney backwards), and mr toads wild rides :cool: :D :p