PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Talk with Crush

wishIwasthe_Mouse
05-22-2006, 03:00 PM
All I need to say is TTWC totaly blew me away. My wife and I went up to DL ons Saturday to celibrate my B-day. Useing our Passes we were hopping from park to park realy only hit a few rides. watched alladin (wifes first time, she loved it). then we decided to go se Turtle Talk. Figured it might be cute if nothing else we could say we saw it. Ohh My Goodness first off I couldnt stop laughing the interection with crush is amazing. My wife and I were sitting in the back of the people tank I was wearing a black shirt with my Disney name tag and my biethday sticker :) (29 years yung) when crush picked me out of the crowd to talk to and ask me about the sticker on my chest i just about died. It was great He sang happy b-day to me and everything. then asked who was sitting next to me? "my wife" he asked her, her name it was great i couldnt stop laughing and kept quoting the show the rest of the day.
I highly recomend going to see TTWC it is definatly a Disney great.

bradk
05-22-2006, 03:25 PM
I love turtle talk. I think i saw it 3 or 4 times when I was there last (it's a much nicer setup than the one at WDW too).

it was a bit repetative, but there was always a new element in each show that makes it all worthwhile. and i finally got rewarded when dory made an appearance.

Another Dimension
05-22-2006, 07:30 PM
If you liked Crush... try the more intimate (and much funnier) coversation with Stitch, in Innoventions.

At the end he also takes a free picture of you or your little group for his Ohana Album. (that you pick up on the internet) :)

And while actually in Innoventions, don't miss ASIMO.
ASIMO is actually what Innoventions was designed for. :eek:

Back to Crush...
Is it just Crush usually, or are Dory and the whale in the show at DCA on a regular basis?

vmjess
05-22-2006, 07:43 PM
I agree- this is an awesome show, and a great place to get a little break and cool off from the crowds. My boys ( 5 and 8 years old ) were cracking up the whole time and when crush picked my five year old to ask a question and his question was Hello- Crush made some totally funny joke out of it. We all loved it and can't wait to see it again.

bradk
05-22-2006, 07:57 PM
I've had it on some authority that Dory only appears when the show is really lagging. While this didn't necessarily seem to be the case at WDW, it did seem to be the case at DL. Out of 4 shows, she only appeared once. basically she banters with Crush and speaks a little whale. it's a time killer. but it's great.

Stitch was closed when I went to Innoventions and saw ASIMO. I was told he's been out quite a lot lately, but don't know how true that is.

Frogberto
05-23-2006, 11:48 AM
...Stitch was closed when I went to Innoventions and saw ASIMO. I was told he's been out quite a lot lately, but don't know how true that is.

Stitch was out when I visited for the first time last week also. How does ASIMO visitation work? I saw a place downstairs that said ask a Cast Member about seeing ASIMO, but nobody was there. When I got upstairs, it had some visit times, the last one apparently being at 4pm. (This was at 6pm).

Does ASIMO have early bedtime, or only certain hours he operates, or something?

bradk
05-23-2006, 11:50 AM
ASIMO is actually a show. My guide said it ran on the hour, but not every hour. You're supposed to get a ticket for it, which we did, but we got the ticket right at the entrance for it. Not sure if that's how it's normally done or what. Basically at 3:45 she suggested we try for the 4:00 show and we had no problem getting in.

junglemom
05-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Back to Crush...
Is it just Crush usually, or are Dory and the whale in the show at DCA on a regular basis?
I have seen it 5 times and have yet to see Dory. I guess I will just have to keep going back!:p

bradk
05-23-2006, 11:59 AM
actually, my 4th time watching it, i was planning on just asking a question to get her. i imagine if you ask crush if he speaks whale, you might get her.

junglemom
05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
actually, my 4th time watching it, i was planning on just asking a question to get her. i imagine if you ask crush if he speaks whale, you might get her.
Good tip!

Carina
05-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Saw it twice last week - the first time dory came Because someone asked if he had seen her lately. the second show was soooo painful to sit thru, every kid froze in front of the microphone except one kid glad I had seen a better one the day before

bradk
05-24-2006, 12:09 PM
that's funny.. nobody ever asked where dory was when i watched them.. a couple of times there was 'where's crush?' and one kid pointed out 'nemo' which lead crush into a story of how once they had to find nemo and it took them 97 minutes (or something to that effect).

CariBelle
05-24-2006, 12:57 PM
We saw Crush on our last trip and he asked the little boy next to me what his favorite food was, the boy said "turtle meat!" it was so funny!

UsBurchs
05-30-2006, 08:13 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any info on the Turtle Talk with Crush exhibit at DCA. I've read very little about it, other than it is computer animated and interacts with the audience with real-time motion. Where is this located, exactly? Is there usually long lines? Are there chairs, do you sit on the floor or do you stand? How cool is it? Etc., etc.

My son loves Finding Nemo and "Dude" as he calls the turtles. I'm hoping this will be fun for him (and us!). :)

bassett1976
05-30-2006, 08:25 PM
The location of Turtle Talk is in the Animation Building. The show is about every 30 minutes, usually you have to wait for the next show. They can run out of space you'll just need to ask the CM working how the line is doing for the next show. They do have seats and also an area for the kids to sit down in front of the screen. The show itself is wonderful. The kids love it because they interact with Crush while the adults like his humor. It's definatley a must see!!!

ktrm
05-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Anyone know what the hours of operation of Turtle Talk are? When I was there in March it closed before DCA did. The rest of the Animation building was open but for some reason Turtle Talk closed early. It had been operating earlier in the evening. The CM had no explanation. I am going to Disneyland in July and definitely want to go to this attraction.

simbaNnala101
05-30-2006, 08:52 PM
I made the mistake of only seeing this once on my last trip but it is a must see and can always change. Yes there is chairs and for all of the people (kids) who want to ask crush questions need to sit on the lilly pads on the floor so he can see you. I had also heared from someone that a kid asked where dory was and she came out on the screne too and answered questions. It is very cool and a must see. If you can see it more than once I would highly recomend it b/c the humor is always new and the show is diffrent every time. enjoy

~Ash~

bradk
05-30-2006, 08:53 PM
you don't really need to ask how the next show is queueing up, you can pretty much see the waiting area. off peak you should have no problem showing up 5 or 10 minutes before - what the CM can tell you is when the next show will be. if it's like 25 minutes and there's nobody in the waiting area, you should just take some time to poke around the animation building if you never have.

turtle talk is awesome though. not to be missed.

my animation building photos (including turtle talk) start here: http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/1470806/4/70327713

or skip'm if you don't want it to be spoiled at all

mommy-san
05-31-2006, 06:34 AM
Crush is awesome... my 5 yo daughter was chosen to talk. He asked her where she's was from and she said canada... he asked her if she swam to get to disneyland- she said yes (hehe) and he told her she had some 'serious thrill issues, dudette'. That was so funny. Than he asked to talk to her 'parental unit'. That was quite embarassing for me... but I'll admit I went away with a huge smile on my face!

blythe
06-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi,

Showing my ignorance here:confused: Isn't turtle talk in Epcot at WDW? and what is ASIMO? I am scanning the boards for info. We are going to WDW 6/11 with 13 and 14 y/o DS and Father-in-law. We have limited time but do want to spend some time at Epcot (at least one full day). Are these worth the time. We will be doing Soarin and TT. Have lunch ressies at Biergartin on Monday and Marakeesh on tuesday.

Drince88
06-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi,

Showing my ignorance here:confused: Isn't turtle talk in Epcot at WDW? and what is ASIMO? I am scanning the boards for info. We are going to WDW 6/11 with 13 and 14 y/o DS and Father-in-law. We have limited time but do want to spend some time at Epcot (at least one full day). Are these worth the time. We will be doing Soarin and TT. Have lunch ressies at Biergartin on Monday and Marakeesh on tuesday.
This thread is in the Disneyland forum - Turtle Talk is both in DCA (in California) and Epcot (in Florida). I do not believe ASIMO is present in Florida, but it is in Innoventions in Disneyland.

For specific questions about WDW, you'll want to ask your questions in the WDW forums.

Benihodge
06-07-2006, 12:37 PM
Dude! Turtle Talk is great I loved it, I think I saw it twice.:D

blythe
06-08-2006, 03:29 AM
Must have hit DL by accident!! Just noticed this am as I was trying to relocate this reply.

Thanks