PDA

View Full Version : What rides have interesting line-ups?

BCmomof3
05-22-2006, 02:30 PM
I've heard that some rides have special things to see. Like reading the gravestones in HM or the line-up in start tours is very good too. Which other rides are like that? Also, do the fast pass lines see the same things?

And finally I heard people mention "wait" times is there an electronic sign or something outside the ride which says how long the line is.....or are people guessing?

twist1980
05-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Yes, there is an estimated wait time posted outside of of most of the rides, there is also a board on Main Street that has the wait times posted as well.

My favorite queue (ride line) is Indiana Jones. There is so much to see as well as a few interactive things! I always loved the old Space Mountain queue because of the totally cheesy video you watched in line. I didn't really see much of the new one due to fastpasses, but I'm sure it's semi-entertaining at least.

Yes, you wait in the same queue for either stand-by or fastpass, so you will get to see all of the fun stuff!

Frogberto
05-22-2006, 02:48 PM
What a great question! I have to also vote for Indiana Jones. None better, in my opinion, in both parks.

Roger Rabbits CarToon spin also has an interesting line, with lots to see. You'll notice things in the windows as you walk around, and you'll also note that the windows and doors are faces, for the most part.

The new Jungle Cruise line also has some interesting artifacts, pictures, etc., to see, and to the extent that it's considered a line, the line to see Mickey or Minnie in their respective houses in ToonTown are really interesting, and interactive.

bradk
05-22-2006, 03:23 PM
on the other side...

Monsters Inc has a really detailed and interesting queue all the way up to the point where you enter the ride

Muppetvision also has a lot of sight-gags from the posters and props on the outside to the security office (lesson learned: at WDW, it says the key is under the mat and it really is - at DCA, I don't know what's under the mat, but it's not a key.. ewww) to the waiting area.

technically speaking, Minnie & Mickey's house in Toontown is one long queue and both are fun to explore

there are a couple of interactive experiences in Indy, but they take a bit to reset, so if someone gets to them before you, it kinda bites.

SandraVB79
05-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Indiana Jones
Mickey's house (I always had to stand outside to see Minnie, so that wasn't too much of a nice queue!)

California Screamin'... lots of time to enjoy the warm, hot and burning California sun... you'll be screamin later in the day because of sunburned shoulders, lol! :rolleyes:

I think Soarin' has a great queue. (the inside part)

hg0079
05-23-2006, 09:43 AM
the only cue I really hate is matterhorn anything else has enough to keep me entertained (ok and Snow white and Toad can be boring too.)

I like Indy, HM,

Opus1guy
05-23-2006, 10:58 AM
At Disneyland in California, I think Indy has it made in the shade. ;)

But many other Disneyland attractions have great queues too. Giving guests something to see while in line was always a Disney theme park hallmark.

Now...outside of Disneyland:

Journey To The Center Of The Earth at Disney Tokyo Seas is pretty remarkable.

As for one of the longest nicely (and indoor) designed queues I've ever been in...that would have to go to Universal's Islands of Adventure in Florida and their Dragon coaster or whatever it's called. Man that sucker is long!

bradk
05-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Dueling Dragons.. is nice... Spiderman is also pretty neat, especially in that there are separate but detailed queues for both standby and xpress.

tinkluver
05-23-2006, 12:11 PM
How about Tower of Terror... I think that queue is themed well. But I do have to say Indy is my favorite...

findin mickeys
05-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Indy is definately the best. I like Towers also,but I am a big fan of the original Twilight Zone.

I like the Haunted Mansion and the Muppet 3-D que is really neat. So is the que for "Tough to be a Bug".

LLevy
05-23-2006, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=Frogberto]Roger Rabbits CarToon spin also has an interesting line, with lots to see. You'll notice things in the windows as you walk around, and you'll also note that the windows and doors are faces, for the most part.

QUOTE]

You have to go slow to appriciate RR line. If you listen to the voices, and look in the windows etc., it tells you what the weasels are up too, and why it's important to leap into a cab and go for help.. it sets up the rest of the ride. not to mention all the bad puns everywhere..

LL

bradk
05-23-2006, 12:43 PM
i just pull up a seat and watch jessica rabbit walk back and forth for about half an hour. if only that darn bouncer would mind his own business.

Mickey Matt
05-23-2006, 06:48 PM
I always like the Big Thunder line. Alot of the stuff you see are real mining tools and such. Plus the town is the same as the one that was in the Rainbow Caverns Mine Train Attraction, only re-dressed.

Of course, Indy is still the best!

SandraVB79
05-24-2006, 05:38 AM
Almost forgot about it: although Indy is the best, the Expedition Everest queue comes on a close second place!!

It has a great queue for bot standby and fastpass lines. Only the Single riders are left out :(

iwannabeanimagineer
05-24-2006, 11:01 AM
At the Disneyland Resort, I vote for the following in the category of "best queue":

#1: Mickey's house in Toontown: Highly interactive, entertaining and varied tour of our favorite mouse's house, which many consider the primary attraction and then exit. But past the exit is the tour of his movie barn with the most fun little hidden secrets and trivia references in Toontown, concluding in a personal reception with MM himself. It's the best.

#2: Indiana Jones' queue: Opportunities to decipher the Mara inscriptions, spikes that roar and threaten and voices of archeologists that react if you disobey the signs, hidden Indy secrets and trivia references. It's wonderful.

#3: The Disney Animation lobby: Some people may not consider it a queue, but if the mini-attractions in the building are full, you may end up waiting there. The walls are covered in huge movie screens that display animation art along with favorite music from Disney animation. Even the lighting changes for each scene, including the light patterns projected on the floor. It's almost theater-dark and has great air conditioning for a great rest spot on a hot busy day.

#4: Muppet-Vision 3D queue and pre-show room: Great decor both indoors and out, full of Muppet props. If you're a fan of the old TV Muppet Show, the trivia references and hidden secrets are outstanding. If you like punny humor, you'll really enjoy it.

#5: The Tiki Room's Tiki Garden: Tikis talk (and some move a little), with great shade, a little Hawaii promo film and a snack bar featuring Dole Whip!

Runners-up (in no particular order):
Jungle Cruise queue (watch for audioanimatronic birds, snakes and cool art on the wall; listen for funny stuff on the explorers' radio frequencies)
Splash Mountain queue (some of the story is told via the queue audio)
Gadget's Go-Coaster queue (although the whole queue can pretty much be enjoyed without getting in line...and so can the ride, for that matter)
Roger Rabbit's Car-toon Spin queue (watch and listen for cool movie and story references and punny humor)
Star Tours queue (my favorites is the electro-chromic glass that alternates between clear and opaque and the audio, featuring Star Wars characters and humor)
It's Tough To Be A Bug queue and pre-show (fun underground-world theme, bug posters and bees singing familiar tunes to the extent that bees can sing)

And some people might consider everything in the Haunted Mansion up until you board the Dune Buggies to be part of the queue; and if you do, I'd make that my #1.

And while we're on the subject, where does

Queues I haven't experienced yet: Monsters Inc., New Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Tower of Terror, Golden Dreams theater, New 50th Anniversary Show where Lincoln was

Want the bottom three on my list?

#998: Honey I Shrunk the Audience (could you possibly feel more like you're wasting your time in Disneyland than when you're waiting to see HISTA?)
#999: Everything in Paradise Pier (which are all based on the theme "Places Where Walt Disney Used To Take His Daughters That Convinced Him To Build Disneyland")
#1000: Pirates (vast cosmic popularity...itty bitty line space)

Micki0624
05-25-2006, 04:54 PM
You have to go slow to appriciate RR line. If you listen to the voices, and look in the windows etc., it tells you what the weasels are up too, and why it's important to leap into a cab and go for help.. it sets up the rest of the ride. not to mention all the bad puns everywhere..

LL[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that and I have been on that since it has opened!

TTFN92
05-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Indy is definitely not one of my favorite queues- it is waaay too cold. I freeze everytime I am in there and can't enjoy it. Plus, most of the time we walk right through most of it. RR is another one that we usually just walk through so miss seeing all the neat stuff.

I really like Tower of Terror. There are so many good ones though I think it is easier to pick the worst, and that would be Monsters, Inc. You are in the sun outside and looking at mostly blank walls inside. They could have at least put posters on all the walls to read. Another one I don't like is Autopia. Most of the time you are standing in the sun baking. It is the worst when they only have 1 side going.

bradk
05-26-2006, 04:52 AM
uh.. there are posters all over the Monsters, Inc. queue? and payphones and tvs with fake commercials and signs and soda vending machines and newspaper vending machines...

my monsters inc photos include some of the queue.. starts http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/1470806/7/70322822

simbaNnala101
05-26-2006, 11:07 AM
I laso greatly agree with Indy being number one. I always love to spin the poll and make the roof cave in its so much fun I love. also Thunder mt. I loke throwing coins in the river, and if you are in to planes then soarin is good too. A lot of historical information is on that main wall when you are in line. and I love fliks land!!!!! there is so much stuff to look at in that whole part of the park like the benches and the clovers over your heads its so cool and very well done.

~Ash~