PDA

View Full Version : What RIDE or LAND is awaiting a movie?

potzbie
05-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Opinion poll.

Given:

Disney creates movies based on existing rides.
(Haunted Mansion; Tower of Terror; Pirates of the Caribbean)

Disney creates movies based on its existing lands.
(Frontierland = Daniel Boone; Davy Crockett; Johnny Shilo)
(Tomorrowland = Tron)
(Fantasyland = Peter Pan; Snow White; Mr. Toad's Wild Ride; Alice in Wonderland)

What RIDE or LAND has not yet been used in a Disney movie or Disney animated cartoon?

My preference is 1900 New Orleans jazz to be flauted.
That would "plug" NEW ORLEANS SQUARE.
They could use lots of Scott Joplin.

Q. What RIDE or LAND is begging for a movie?

Niwel
05-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Did I hear someone say "Big Thunder Mountain?" :D

singerjosh78
05-22-2006, 02:05 PM
I heard a rumor about a Jungle Cruise movie. Honestly, I think it could be done considering there is almost a storyline about a lost expedition team that they are trying to rescue.

wabby1
05-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Ok...here's a thought. Why doesn't Disney re-distribute "SONG OF THE SOUTH?" Splash Mountain obviously is based on it.

I think they should do a movie based on the opening day at the park...and all that went wrong. A history piece of some sort.

OC Disney Dad Dude
05-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Dapper Dans in 4-D!

05-23-2006, 05:56 AM
I heard a rumor about a Jungle Cruise movie.

I always thought the Jungle Cruise was a homage to the Humphrey Bogart/Katherine Hepburn "African Queen".

I'd like to see a Tiki Room movie. I'd even see it in a movie theater and buy myself a $6.00 small cup of Hawaiian Punch at the concession stand.

Gone2Disneyland
05-23-2006, 06:53 AM
I love the Jungle Cruise suggestion a lot. Makes me think of an old-style black-and-white comedy, like with Abbott and Costello. Then, the Tiki Room sounds like it has some potential (tho' that's probably because that's one of my fave shows).

How 'bout this? A family film called "The Magic Kingdom," where a family arrives at a place with a mysterious reputation. Arriving my train, the place's is populated by employees who, while on some quest or search for some mystery, sort of lead them from room to room and then outdoors from one "land" to another to the movie's finale. I'm picturing something like "Jurassic Park" meets "The Wizard of Oz."

bradk
05-23-2006, 06:56 AM
There is actually a Jungle Cruise movie in the works. There was even a script written for it. If it ever sees the light of day is another question.

The boats themselves were modeled after the African Queen, but the attraction itself was inspired by Disney's True Life Adventure series.

PapiBear
05-23-2006, 07:06 AM
I could be down for a Tiki Room movie. A Jungle Cruise movie might be fun too, depending on how it was done. (They need to release the True Life Adventures series on DVD, too! I loved those films!)

What'd be really cool is if they did a movie based on retired attractions, like Adventures Thru Inner Space. It'd give 'em a reason to make a new version of the ride, too.

Opus1guy
05-23-2006, 10:03 AM
While I used to like the concept of feature films based on iconic and classic Disney theme park attractions...I kinda shudder at the thought these days.

I mean...if the movie turns out to be popular...they'll probably want to change the attraction to be more like the movie...even though it was the perfection and popularity of the attraction that got the movie made in the first place!

But to the question...how do you all feel about THIS IDEA? (http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uploads/monomovie.jpg)

:)

bradk
05-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Speed 3 ?

Opus1guy
05-23-2006, 10:20 AM
I think someone should make a movie based on that Star Tours thing they have there.

Oh...wait a minute. You say they already have?

;)

hg0079
05-24-2006, 09:59 AM
well opus if you are going to go there, maybe they need to do a mickey cartoon or something

actually TIki room would be fun and BTM

notlemc
05-24-2006, 11:06 AM
It's a Small World! You know this movie would rock. The story of two children separated at birth traveling throughout the world looking for eachother and along the way they come across a lot of people with whom they are connected. It'll be like a huge version of the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon Theory.

as for movies based on rides or rides based on movies, it's sad to say that a majority of them are. Here's more to add to your list:
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin- Mostly from but Inspired from Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Star Tours- Inspired From Star Wars
Honey I Shrunk the Audience- Inspired From Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye- Inspired From Indiana Jones
Country Bear Jamboree- The Country Bears
Tom Sawyer Island- Tom Sawyer/Huck Finn
Finding Nemo Submarines- Finding Nemo
Gadget's Go Coaster- Inspired From Chip-n-Dale TV Show
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters- Inspired from Toy Story
Casey Jones Circus Train- Casey Jones Cartoon Short from Dumbo
Dumbo Flying Elephants- Dumbo
Mad Tea Party- Inspired from Alice in Wonderland

bradk
05-24-2006, 11:09 AM
i think you got the country bears backwards there

DianeM
05-24-2006, 11:34 AM
The matterhorn could use a movie. It could be a cool movie where some kids rescue a Sasquatch. At least then the monsters in the ride would make some sense.

What RIDE or LAND has not yet been used in a Disney movie or Disney animated cartoon?

My preference is 1900 New Orleans jazz to be flauted.
That would "plug" NEW ORLEANS SQUARE.
They could use lots of Scott Joplin.

Q. What RIDE or LAND is begging for a movie?

Opus1guy
05-24-2006, 12:40 PM
The matterhorn could use a movie.

You must mean the Matterhorn could use another movie. Because the Matterhorn attraction was inspired by Walt Disney's feature film Third Man on the Mountain. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053352/)

Both debuted in 1959 and the Matterhorn music that's played at the Park is from the movie.

bradk
05-24-2006, 12:43 PM
i would have offered that, but harold does mix it up a bit, don't you think?

i smell a new bass-rankin classic.

DangerMouse
05-24-2006, 02:02 PM
You must mean the Matterhorn could use another movie. Because the Matterhorn attraction was inspired by Walt Disney's feature film Third Man on the Mountain. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053352/)

Both debuted in 1959 and the Matterhorn music that's played at the Park is from the movie.

This is why I LOVE this site. I learn something new every day! Thanks, Opus!

Opus1guy
05-24-2006, 04:33 PM
This is why I LOVE this site. I learn something new every day! Thanks, Opus!

You're very welcome. :)

Not at all a bad movie either. Good story, stellar location production values and photography, and a nice cast, including a then-young future Bond Girl, the ever-yummy Janet Munro. ;) Underrated (IMHO) actor Michael Rennie does his usual fine job as well. James MacArthur plays the lead in the film, but watch closely for a little uncredited cameo by his famous real-life mom...actress Helen Hayes...in the film too. ;)

In the Disneyland attraction...it's the Abominable Snowman that makes a cameo. ;)

Here's another web site on it that has a bit more info as well as color stills from the film:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/thirdman.html

potzbie
05-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Good, good.
We've got the beginnings of a Hollywood treatment.
"Heart of Darkness" meets "Indiana Jones" meets "Lost Mines".
• Jungle Cruise skipper is fired. Needs to go independent to make money.
• Mysterious stranger wants to go into the heart of the Amazon. No questions asked.
• Encounters tiki-making tribe (South Sea Island symbol in Amazon???).
• Shops in Bazaar (across the street from JC).
• Meets an Indiana-Jones knock off (professor who seeks antiquities).
• Gold! Silver! Lost Mines!
• Headhunters!
• Lost Safari! Stanley & Livingston! Dr. Albert Schweitzer!
• Piranha!
• Stampeding water buffalo!
• Huge spiders
• Huge snakes
• Lost ruins -- curse to whoever disturbs the rest of the bones
• Chase scene
• Happy ending
• Sequel!
I get ten percent of the gross, and top billing.

doombuggy driver
05-24-2006, 07:30 PM
While I used to like the concept of feature films based on iconic and classic Disney theme park attractions...I kinda shudder at the thought these days.

I mean...if the movie turns out to be popular...they'll probably want to change the attraction to be more like the movie...even though it was the perfection and popularity of the attraction that got the movie made in the first place!

But to the question...how do you all feel about THIS IDEA? (http://members.aol.com/opus1guy/uploads/monomovie.jpg)

I agree! Stop changing things to make them "better". I have grown to love them the way they were and I am a little scared about the changes coming to the rides. If it isn't broken don't fix it!