PDA

View Full Version : Costco ticket nightmare

Tinkermommy
05-22-2006, 11:23 AM
After posting here for info about the Costco 4-day passes, I ended up buying one for my DH. (Thanks for the advice!)

It was a good idea, but what a nightmare. I bought the pass on Friday from our local Costco store, because we were leaving at the crack of dawn on Saturday. My husband looked at it late Friday night, and pointed out that the big plastic thing was rather impractical to carry to Disneyland. I assumed you were supposed to open the plastic wrapper and take the paper that was inside to the park.

He started reading the small print, and discovered that it was not to be removed from the store and should have been traded for a ticket. Costco was closed at that point, so we packed it and the receipt.

On the way down, I called Disneyland and was told there was nothing they could do; that the ticket had to come from Costco and that they did not have the actual 4-day tickets at the park.

My hubby had to drop us off and go find a Costco near Disneyland and wait for it to open. When he got there, they told him that the cashier should have sent us to a special desk to get tickets, and that the door checker never should have let us out with the big plastic thing. (Gee...good thing they have those door checkers!) They were appalled that we still had the big plastic thing. But they gave him his paper ticket and sent him on his way.

When he got to the gate, the park ticket-taker told him what he had wasn't a ticket (although it looked exactly like a one-day ticket), and that he had to take it to a regular Disneyland ticket booth to redeem it for the four-day pass (which, I might point out, Guest Relations said they DO NOT HAVE).

The whole thing was about as annoying as it could be. I can't wait to see what happens when he tries to use day 2...

Anyway, word of warning: if you decide to buy one of those passes, don't leave the store with the big plastic thing that you take to the cashier, and when you get to the park, allow time to wait in line with everybody who still has to buy tickets!! It saved us some money, but cost a great deal more in time and convenience!

mad4mky
05-22-2006, 11:30 AM
I have bought the Costco tickets on two seperate occasions this past winter/spring.

I had no trouble with them...course, I did exchange the plastic container at the service booth for the real voucher. The voucher is NOT a ticket either. You must exchange them at the ticket booths for the real DLR entrance ticket (ours were exchanged for Annual Passports).

Too bad you had such a nightmare...:(

tinker3
05-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Don't feel bad, I did the same thing with Costco AMC movie tickets. Luckily they stopped me at the door and told me to go to go back to the counter and get the tickets, otherwise I would have had no idea!

The old man
05-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Love 'em. No problems.
David

ozbeauticn
05-22-2006, 03:05 PM
We bought Costco tickets for our trip in February. We didn't have any problems until we got to DL and went to trade them in for our actual tickets. The ticketbooth girl, and even her manager, were not going to give us the tickets because they said that special deal was only for southern california residents and our IDs were from northern cali. Luckily, they finally gave in, but said they would look into why the tickets were being sold out of southern california.

IFlyAway
05-22-2006, 04:53 PM
I was in St. Louis, MO and was surprised to see the special DL tickets being sold at the Costco in St. Louis.

The old man
05-22-2006, 08:00 PM
I was in St. Louis, MO and was surprised to see the special DL tickets being sold at the Costco in St. Louis.
I guess the question is were they the Play Four that are only suppose to be for Socal residents.
David

kimmybear
05-22-2006, 08:17 PM
I guess the question is were they the Play Four that are only suppose to be for Socal residents.
David

the costco in Northern CA near the SFO airport is selling the "Play Four" tickets. the only difference is the price- they cost less if you live in SoCal.