PDA

View Full Version : Have to pick up SoCal City passes at will call, when should I get to park?

boohead
05-21-2006, 08:05 PM
I think I only have one last question for our trip. We have to pick up our SoCal city passes at the will call window at Disneyland. I'm wondering a couple of things. First off, the DLR website said on this Tues,Wed, and Thurs, the park opens at 9 am. It seems like I've read that sometimes they open sooner and so it's a good idea to be there early anyway. So I'm wondering since we have to pick up the city passes as well, what time we should actually get there?

I'm also wondering if when we pick these passes up if anyone knows if they are some sort of a card or if they are seperate tickets to each different place? I couldn't really find any info about that so I thought maybe someone here might have some experience with them.

Well I only have a couple more things to do before I go to bed and tomorrows the big day. I'm so excited to think we'll be in California at this time tomorrow. Thanks everyone for all your help I really appreciate it. It's very nice of you to share all this great info!!

bradk
05-21-2006, 08:24 PM
depending on the time of year (and 9 am seems like it's at a slow time), i wouldn't worry too much about getting there *really* early. the esplanade opens up at 7 am, i think will call will probably be around 8 am? or maybe they open earlier. They'll probably open the turnstiles at 8:30 am, but they'll hold up everyone at the rope drop at the end of Main Street until 9. Up until then, all the shops and exhibits on Main Street will be open. So if you want to explore a little, plan on being there by 7:30 or so to collect your citypass/hopper.

as far as what you get, Disneyland will give you an actual 3 day park hopper bonus ticket, the same as you'd get if you had just purchased one. other venues do things differently. sea world and san diego zoo for example just looked at the book and stamped it (or something to that effect).