PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 memberships

annalisa
05-21-2006, 07:09 PM
hey guys..

i'm just wondering, what do you think the chances are of finding someone with a club 33 membership that would let me use it for a day? does this actually happen often?

my dad has been half-joking that he wants to go for his birthday. so while his birthday isn't until october, i won't be in california until september, and i probably wouldn't find one in time.

so, what do you guys think? am i totally unrealistic in thinking i can pull this off?

bradk
05-21-2006, 07:18 PM
unless you know someone personally, your chances are about nil to almost none.

the moderators will tell you to post this in the buy/sell/wanted forum instead too.

bassett1976
05-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Also, be carefull about how you go about asking/getting a day pass. I've heard many stories of people buying a pass from Ebay (or something similar) or from someone they met on the boards and it didn't work out. Some of them paid good money to actually get this opportunity.

stan4d_steph
05-22-2006, 06:26 AM
so, what do you guys think? am i totally unrealistic in thinking i can pull this off?Pretty much, yes. If you really want to make a formal request, please do so in Buy/Sell/Share. If you look there, you will see many other such requests.

You should go to Napa Rose at GCH for a wonderful birthday dinner - upscale dining, no membership necessary.

SandraVB79
05-22-2006, 06:48 AM
even with indecent proposals, you don't get a one-day-invitation :D

At least, I didn't

yet

IndianaJenn
05-22-2006, 07:39 AM
I would have to agree on the Napa Rose thing. I think the food and service at Napa Rose is a lot better than I have received the last two times I have been to Club 33.

Tinkermommy
05-22-2006, 11:10 AM
We went last year for the first time, and had the most incredible experience. Our server was awesome, as was everyone else we encountered. They really went out of their collective way to make sure we had a good time. It was everything we dreamed it would be.

We were lucky enough to get to go again this past weekend, and wow, what a different experience. Our server was so somber that we joked privately that she must be moonlighting from the Haunted Mansion. I didn't see her smile one time while we were there. I think if we had stayed another five minutes, we all would have left depressed. Yeesh.

We were celebrating my little girl's birthday, and she was wearing both the Disneyland birthday sticker and the hotel birthday button. Just before dessert, she pointed out that Club 33 was the first place we'd been in the park where nobody wished her a Happy Birthday. (They did, however, bring out a birthday dessert at the end.)

I'm delighted we got to go, but thought the extreme contrast in service and the overall experience was worthy of mention...

Osky
05-22-2006, 11:56 AM
We were lucky enough to get to go again this past weekend, and wow, what a different experience.

I am curious for those of you who have gone often over the years, if you have noticed general trends in service level. Does it oscillate between good and bad, or is it generally good with a bad outing now and then, or are bad experiences confined to certain individuals, etc? Is service typically different during brunch than it is for dinner? Do guests dining with members get better service than guests dining without?

Frogberto
05-22-2006, 11:59 AM
I can get you in on one of the days we already have reserved, but we are not flexible on the dates.

June 7th is sold out, and July 8th is available. I can put you on the list and give instructions if you like - feel free to send me a private message.

MrsPooh
05-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Frogberto, I think you just opened a HUGE can of worms there.

Good luck with that!

hg0079
05-22-2006, 12:30 PM
and I would assume this is an open invitation for the original poster only!

annalisa
05-22-2006, 02:04 PM
hey everyone!

sorry about the wrong board.. :rolleyes: i'm still a newbie on these boards.

everyone's suggestions are really great, i'm going to check out the napa rose, it'll be different.

i just hope no one thinks i'm TOO crazy for planning this far in advance:p

MrsPooh
05-22-2006, 02:16 PM
and I would assume this is an open invitation for the original poster only!

Yeah......I think it was......but, I still think Frogberto opened a can of worms. I predict his pm box will be full very soon! :eek: :rolleyes:

wabby1
05-22-2006, 02:19 PM
We were able to get in the Club last year for my sister's 50th birthday. I was working for a Coca-Cola franchise at the time, and obviously had connections to the Coke membership at Club 33. However, it was a RARE occasion, in that my sister was turning 50, along with D/L, and corporate Coke was nice enough to get us passage into the Club. This was a clear case of being associated with a company that has a membership. Coke stopped its practice of issuing passes into the Club for its employees years ago. So I was extremely lucky. Entrance to the Club under Coke is strictly for high-level clients now. Unless you know of such a company or personally know of a member, then its very unlikely that admittance to the Club would be possible.

Being in Club 33 was one of the most memorable moments I've ever experienced at Disneyland, and I look upon it as a once in a lifetime opportunity. The service we received there was top notch, and the manager even took time to give my wife and I a tour of the facility, and answered questions. We bought a lot of merchandise there too. The food/buffet was incredible.

Good luck!

chrisaustx
05-23-2006, 01:35 AM
I got to go to Club 33 once, back in November, my former manager is a member. The service was okay then, on Sat. I was offered entry by talking to some people in New Orleans Square, so you never know, you might luck out hanging out by the front door.

05-23-2006, 04:40 AM
on Sat. I was offered entry by talking to some people in New Orleans Square, so you never know, you might luck out hanging out by the front door.

Beg on the internet or hang around a restaurant's door and try to slip in on someone's good graces?

I'll be at Napa Rose, thanks.

danyoung
05-23-2006, 06:32 AM
I am curious for those of you who have gone often over the years, if you have noticed general trends in service level. Does it oscillate between good and bad...?

From what I've read and experienced myself, yes, there is oscillation. A lot of times it just depends on the mood of the individual serving you. I've read a series of reviews about say Ralph Brennan's Jazz Club that seem to indicate that it's gone bad, but then other people chime in and say that they just had a great meal with great service last Tuesday. FWIW, I've eaten there 3 times over the past few years and have never had a bad experience.

SandraVB79
05-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Beg on the internet or hang around a restaurant's door and try to slip in on someone's good graces?

Now, the most I would dare to do is ask someone to buy me a pin or some other souvenir :)
Didn't do it last time, not sure if I will do it next time. Too bad they don't have alcohol at DL, since that helps me to find the courage to do such things! :)

(yeah, I'm even to shy to ask people standing around the Partners statue on Sunday at noon if they are mousepadders :rolleyes: )

I'll be at Minnie's breakfast, and, hopefully at Blue Bayou. For the rest of my trip, i'll be the one who looks like she comes out of a Flinstoe movie... with turkey leg in my hand... :p

bradk
05-23-2006, 08:04 AM
well, let's see.. they do serve alcohol in 33..

can't get into club 33 without being intoxicated, can't get intoxicated unless you get into club 33

joseph heller would probably explode contemplating that one.

Crazy4DL
05-23-2006, 08:28 AM

I am so totally with you, 3894!

05-23-2006, 08:45 AM
I am so totally with you, 3894!

The makings of a terrific .sig line.

I'm just saying.

hlbtimes2
05-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Didn't do it last time, not sure if I will do it next time. Too bad they don't have alcohol at DL, since that helps me to find the courage to do such things! :)

:p

There is plenty of liquid courage to be found in Downtown Disney or over at DCA!

MrsPooh
05-23-2006, 09:23 AM

That's all it takes? Who knew? :~D ;)

I don't have the guts to do something like that, but MrPooh has no shame, he would if he thought it would work. He'd try it even if he knew it wouldn't! :rolleyes: :D I gotta love him, because 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work for him, but that 1 time keeps him going! ;)

SandraVB79
05-23-2006, 10:24 AM
OK, the drunk one that will ask you, somewhere in September, if you can get her in for some more booz... will be me!!!!
And i'll blame it on you guys for telling me where to get the liquid courage! ;)