PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mitts, Cleaning Suggestions?

MonorailMan
04-23-2002, 01:10 PM
I'm having problems cleaning my mitts, they got very dirty (Like full of dust). Any cleaning tips?

MammaSilva
04-23-2002, 01:28 PM
I vacume Brandys then hand wash them with Ivory or woolite the air dry them, I've washed hers about 4 times and they look as good as new..........

MonorailMan
07-24-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
I vacume Brandys then hand wash them with Ivory or woolite the air dry them, I've washed hers about 4 times and they look as good as new..........

Sorry to make this a "Thread back from the Dead", but one more question Mammasilva; I have had a lot of problems getting mine clean, so, how exactly do you go through the hand washing? :confused:

(I'd hate to have the stripes crack again, and run back for another pair.) :)

MammaSilva
07-28-2002, 09:22 PM
Monorailman, brandy doesn't wear hers like you do so I am sure your's are alot more soiled than her's... but take a toothbrush, cool water and if your mom has oxy (it's a powder cleaner that is wonderful) make a paste of oxy and use the tooth brush to 'scrub gently, if she doesn't have the oxy you can try shout or wisk detergent, doing the same thing with the toothbrush, do NOT use hot water the stripes don't like it, dont' use COLD for the same reason....'warm/tepid' temps work best....after you 'scrub' them with the tooth brush rinse with cool water and air dry... hope that helps

MonorailMan
07-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by mammasilva
Monorailman, brandy doesn't wear hers like you do so I am sure your's are alot more soiled than her's... but take a toothbrush, cool water and if your mom has oxy (it's a powder cleaner that is wonderful) make a paste of oxy and use the tooth brush to 'scrub gently, if she doesn't have the oxy you can try shout or wisk detergent, doing the same thing with the toothbrush, do NOT use hot water the stripes don't like it, dont' use COLD for the same reason....'warm/tepid' temps work best....after you 'scrub' them with the tooth brush rinse with cool water and air dry... hope that helps

Nice, we have OxiClean, so i'll try that tomorrow. :)

Lani
07-29-2002, 09:41 AM
BTW once you get it cleaned up, consider spraying Scotchguard on it to keep it from getting too dirty too easily.

I also recommend keeping a couple of Shout wipes. You can clean up the stains a soon as they occur.