PDA

View Full Version : HoJo Rates... could do better?

barely
05-21-2006, 01:05 PM
We are staying four nights at HoJo in September (9-12). We have a premium room, park view with two queen beds. Our rate is 109 per night. Do you think we could do better?

bradk
05-21-2006, 01:06 PM
call them and ask them about: entertainment rate availablity or mousesavers discount.

an entertainment card should you need one will cost you about $15 for the year.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-21-2006, 01:34 PM
I believe the mouseplanet rate was $59/nt. But don't quote me on that. And I am not sure if that changes with the location and room type. We get a great airline employee rate, for a 2 queen room with a pool view in building two. We always stay at HoJos. Darkbeer is friends with Willie there, maybe contact Willie directly and he could give you a better rate. I make my reservations with Willie directly, every time we stay there.

Rob9874
05-29-2006, 01:09 AM
I always get my DLR hotels through Priceline. I had never used them till I found a great message board biddingfortravel.com. They tell you which hotels participate, and users post what deals they got, so you have an idea what to bid. The downside is that you can't pick which hotel you get, but you see which ones are in the Disneyland area that participate, so as long as you stay in the 3* hotels, none are stinkers. I just reserved mine tonight, for next Sat & Sun (6/3-6/4). I bid $65/night, and the Hilton Suites accepted. Not quite walking distance, but they have a shuttle to the park. For $65/night and free parking, I don't care.

Family5LovesDisney
05-29-2006, 02:08 PM
We are staying four nights at HoJo in September (9-12). We have a premium room, park view with two queen beds. Our rate is 109 per night. Do you think we could do better? I paid a lot more for a one bedroom King room for two nights last weekend at the Ho Jo. I think the rate was $140 a night. I used the handy coupon they have on Mousesavers and saved 10% off that rate. You could download that coupon and also use it for an extra 10% discount.

Hoppypooh
05-30-2006, 08:33 AM
We went in mid-September last year and had a rate of just under $70/night plus the 10% Mousesvers coupon. This year we're heading back at the same time, but with the same rate as the OP $109.

hefferdude
05-30-2006, 11:06 AM
believe the mouseplanet rate was $59/nt. But don't quote me on that.

Looked at Hojo reservations yesterday for Oct 28/29 ( DLR Halloween event ). Couldn't do any better for 2 adults/room - 2 rooms than $114/night per room " best " and $108.30/night per room AAA for the NQQ2. They are not honoring AP, MP or LP rates for these dates ( and the Sept 9 - I checked ) either.:(

BTW - CandyCane Inn did have their deluxe rooms for AAA/AARP rate of $109/night.

As much as I love to stay at HJ we opted to book a single large suite at another hotel we really enjoy for about $48/night savings.:)

bradk
05-30-2006, 11:10 AM
did you call and ask about the entertainment rate?

hefferdude
05-30-2006, 11:20 AM
No, I was checking only online. What is the "entertainment rate"?

Addendum: Sorry, Just saw your reference to the E rate above ( my derr ). Called HJ and asked for the entertainment rate for an NQQ2 room and got $111.60/night.

bradk
05-30-2006, 11:27 AM
50% off rack rate or 10% off lowest published public rate.

requires an entertainment card upon check-in which can be obtained for ~$15.

but it costs nothing to call and ask if it's available (there are very liberal restrictions on it depending on the hotel. as long as occupancy rate is below a certain level (80%?), they'll offer it).

barely
05-30-2006, 11:35 AM
I did, and I was told that I had the lowest available rate. I'm really looking forward to staying at the HoJo-the staff is the best!

Hojoanaheim
06-01-2006, 04:11 PM
AP, LP and Mousesavers discounts are ALWAYS open :) .

tinksmommy
06-01-2006, 04:30 PM
I keep seeing messages referring to "Willie" and making reservations directly with him. Who is Willie and how do I contact him? I'm running into nothing available issues and trying to find somewhere to stay in Anaheim for what started as a nice little trip with a friend and her family and mine to celebrate a birthday and it turns out we are starting the trip on Gay Days weekend and that weekend kicks off the Arizona school break? HELP!!

JosieGirl71
06-02-2006, 09:12 AM
I really think those are the best rates you are going to get. Hojo's rates have gotten higher, as have all the surrounding hotels.