PDA

View Full Version : In-n-Out burger near Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

texas minnie
05-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Hey, locals! Anyone know how close the nearset In and Out Burger is to the park? I was in San Diego a couple of weeks ago and ate at I&O for the first time. I'm craving it now - we don't have them in Texas! We won't have a car in Anaheim. I don't suppose there is one within walking distance???

RStar
05-20-2006, 09:16 PM
The closest one I know of is on the corner of Magnolia and Chapman. Not exaclty walking distance, but only a 5 minute drive. However, it is the only one I know, there could be others. Good luck and have fun!

~Bob

Darkbeer
05-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Another close one, go north on Harbor from the DLR about 3 miles till just past the 91 freeway. On the North east corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe is an In-n-Out.... YUM!!! :fez:

Disnerd
05-20-2006, 11:54 PM
For locations go to http://www.in-n-out.com/ The nearest to Disneyland is at 1180 S. Harbor Blvd. Fullerton, California 92832.

PapiBear
05-21-2006, 02:41 AM
The OCTA 43 bus line goes right there, too.

http://www.octa.net/bus/pdf/mar2006/route043.pdf

texas minnie
05-21-2006, 04:24 AM
Yeah for public transportation! Thanks ya'll!

RStar
05-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Your're very wellcome!

Don't be a stranger, Tex! Come back and see us soon, ya hear?!!!:cool:

~Bob

Leap for Joy
05-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Another close one, go north on Harbor from the DLR about 3 miles till just past the 91 freeway. On the North east corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe is an In-n-Out.... YUM!!! :fez:
And the Character Warehouse store is at the same intersection, in a shopping center on the Southeast corner.

PapiBear
05-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Kinda funny how the guy who knew which bus for her to take lives in Texas, eh? :)

I used to take OCTA everywhere when I lived in OC. Heck, I even remember when OCTA was OCTD, that's how long I'd been using it. Then, one day, I actually got a car. Wow. Never been on a bus since. Well, except for a couple shuttle buses at the airport.

Opus1guy
05-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Kinda funny how the guy who knew which bus for her to take lives in Texas, eh? :)

Flip flop that here. I travel to your hometown of Houston often on business (just returned home last night from a 3 week stay there this time...pretty nice weather for a change! ;))...and I've found myself on the public bus system there a few times when I carpooled and wanted to move on before my car-mate did. Know the Richmond, Westheimer, Gulfton and some other routes pretty well now (I usually shack-up somewhere in the Galleria or River Oaks areas).

But ask me about public transport here in my own "hometown" areas of Los Angeles or Orange County, and I wouldn't be able to help you out at all!

:)

texas minnie...don't forget to avail yourself of In-N-Out's Secret Menu (http://www.zenlemur.com/innout.shtml) to give yourself a few insider options to chose from. ;)

PapiBear
05-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Flip flop that here. I travel to your hometown of Houston often on business (just returned home last night from a 3 week stay there this time...pretty nice weather for a change! ;))...and I've found myself on the public bus system there a few times when I carpooled and wanted to move on before my car-mate did. Know the Richmond, Westheimer, Gulfton and some other routes pretty well now (I usually shack-up somewhere in the Galleria or River Oaks areas).

But ask me about public transport here in my own "hometown" areas of Los Angeles or Orange County, and I wouldn't be able to help you out at all!

:)Actually OC's my hometown (it's where I was born and raised), I've just lived here for the past 7 years. Yeah, we got lucky with the weather recently (particularly with the lower humidity), but that's all changing in a couple days. I'm over near Sharpstown, off the 59. I've actually never once taken the bus here; I'd have to research which lines go where and all (or ask my neighbor, she usually knows which line goes where). I have been on the downtown train a few times, though. Very nice, but it would have been so much more intelligent if they'd built a monorail instead of a grade-level light rail. All the accidents with cars they had in the first year of operation could have been avoided entirely. What? Ask a governmental entity to do something intelligent? Perish THAT thought.

Gotta admit, though, I really miss In-N-Out Burger. And Carl's Jr. (nearest one's way over just outside of San Antonio). And 7-Eleven (can you believe it? They have them in Austin, but not here). Even the nearest Wienerschnitzel's up in College Station (close but not that close). But, we do have Whataburger and Timmy Chan's, which they don't have in Cali, so I guess it sorta balances out a bit.

Opus1guy
05-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Gotta admit, though, I really miss In-N-Out Burger. And Carl's Jr.

There are a couple of "Beck's Prime" hamburger joints in Houston that are pretty good, IMHO. But I know what you mean about Carl's and In-N-Out.

The locals there all tell me to avoid the Whataburger chain. "Trust me...you don't want to eat there." Don't know what's up with that. Suppose I'll have to give them a try one of these trips.

My personal favorite is a old hole-in-the-wall on Westpark at Sage (by the Sam's Club next to 59). It's called "Bubba's." His specialty is Buffalo Burgers, but he makes mean beef ones too. Let's just say the place has lots of "character." Love it. :)

Agree with you on the downtown train. IMHO, most all of Houston's streets, signage, potholes, etc, etc, leave a little to be desired. :)

And what's up with no retail wine sales on Sundays!!!! Downright primitive! :)

PapiBear
05-21-2006, 12:17 PM
There are a couple of "Beck's Prime" hamburger joints in Houston that are pretty good, IMHO. But I know what you mean about Carl's and In-N-Out.

The locals there all tell me to avoid the Whataburger chain. "Trust me...you don't want to eat there." Don't know what's up with that. Suppose I'll have to give them a try one of these trips.

My personal favorite is a old hole-in-the-wall on Westpark at Sage (by the Sam's Club next to 59). It's called "Bubba's." His specialty is Buffalo Burgers, but he makes mean beef ones too. Let's just say the place has lots of "character." Love it. :)

Agree with you on the downtown train. IMHO, most all of Houston's streets, signage, potholes, etc, etc, leave a little to be desired. :)

And what's up with no retail wine sales on Sundays!!!! Downright primitive! :)LOL. No booze on Sundays cuz dis be da Bible Belt, son!

I used to grumble and moan about the quality of the streets here too, for the first few years. Eventually you just get tired of complaining and learn to live with it. They do eventually fill potholes and even repave streets now and then, though. Most of the time, at least. You may have seen all the freeway reconstruction that's been going on, too. Not sure what you mean about signage, though.

I looked up Bubba's Texas Burger Shack (that's the full name, there's another place called Bubba's Sports Bar & Grill). I know where you're talking; I've been past there many times. I'll have to check it out; didn't know they served buffalo burgers (which I love). Thanks for the tip!

Beck's Prime I went to once, shortly after I moved here. It wasn't bad, but it was a bit overpriced for me. Maybe I'll stop in at one to give it another go.

I don't know why anyone would tell you to avoid Whataburger. I've never had a problem with them, in fact some of their servers are extremely personable. I also love the fact that the food's always made-to-order, fresh. Their barbecue sauce is excellent, too. And it IS a very large burger. But they also have some good chicken sandwiches as well. I mean none of it's gourmet stuff, but you don't go there for gourmet stuff, you go there for a good old fashioned homestyle burger. Plus I don't think you can get jalapenos on your burger at the other chains.

texas minnie
05-21-2006, 01:47 PM
As a native Texan, I grew up on Whataburger. It's the best fast food burger in around here - Fort Worth (chain, I mean). They also have great chicken strips with gravy and texas toast. That's what my kids love!

WITron
05-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Ok, you guys can stop talking about In-N-Out and Carl's. You are starting to make me crave them and I won't be back out to the LA area for another 3 years. I grew up on those places and moved to Wisconsin 9 years ago, so I miss those places. I also miss Tommy's, gotta love those chili cheese dogs.

tod
05-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Here's the official In-N-Out "Secret Menu (http://in-n-out.com/secretmenu.asp)" some secret, it's on their Website and a map of In-N-Out Burgers near Disneyland (http://in-n-out.com/locations.asp?transaction=search&country=us&template=map_search&pWidth=450&address=1313+S+HARBOR+BLVD&city=ANAHEIM&stateProvince=CA&postalCode=92802-2309&radius=10&x=30&y=13).

--t
who lives less than a mile from the Burbank In-N-Out :D

dsnydon
05-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Try the conner of Orange and Brookhurst, eat there about twice a month myself;)

Opus1guy
08-11-2006, 09:51 PM

I don't know why anyone would tell you to avoid Whataburger. I've never had a problem with them, in fact some of their servers are extremely personable. I also love the fact that the food's always made-to-order, fresh.

As a native Texan, I grew up on Whataburger. It's the best fast food burger in around here - Fort Worth (chain, I mean).

Dredging up this thread and post from 3 months ago to update off-original-thread-topic with my first Whataburger experience here in Houston tonight. Earlier today I mentioned Whataburger again to a whole different set of locals here, and got the same warning: Avoid.

But since I'm the kinda guy that likes to find out for himself and I often find that folks are wrong about their warnings and I end up liking what they don't...and PapiBear and texas minnie's recommondation...I gave them a try tonight. Honestly, I was thinking to myself, "I can't wait to see these guys tomorrow and tell them how much I enjoyed my Whataburger."

First off...agree with PapiBear that the service was very friendly and nice. I requested their "signature" item...the Whataburger. She asked if I wanted everything and I told her to load it up with whatever it came with standard.

Now, I'm being very honest when I say I've had some bad burgers in my day. And that I've never, never had one that I spit out after 2 bites and couldn't eat anymore. But I'm afraid whatever mystery meat Whataburger is using, did just that for me. The meat was awful. It tasted like some nightmare burger patty out of my elementary school days. It was just bad. The moment I got back to my hotel, I couldn't wait to floss and brush my teeth. It was that bad.

Now I know that there are regional and even generational preferences for certain foods that "outsiders" never "get" like the locals that grew up on a particular food do. But in this case and if all Whataburgers taste like this one did tonight...I'm just darn glad I wasn't a local that was brought up on 'em. :)

I went in thinking the name meant the positive exclamation, "What a burger!"

I came out thinking it was a negative pronouncement instead. "What? A Burger?"

Gonna have to eat crow tomorrow when I fess up to my co-workers here that they were right. But I just had to give it the old college try.

;)

IdahoMike
08-12-2006, 09:01 AM
I know I will be in the minority, but I am one of the "outsiders" that just don't get the fuss over In & Out. My brother in law raved about them for years, so when we drove to San Francisco we stopped at one. It's not like it was horrible, but I certainly didn't get why he and so many others rave over them. Plus, there were only like 4 things on the menu, and I'm someone who likes a little bit of choice. Give me Sonic, Carl's, or Wendy's anyday over In & Out. Actually, if I had a preference, it would be Fuddruckers!

TikiGeek
08-12-2006, 09:47 AM
[slight derail - sorry]

Does anyone know what the fries topped with what looks like the burger sauce and grilled onions is called?

It's not on the secret menu (or the regular menu) but I see people getting them everytime that I'm there.

TIA - Tiki :)

sjcivilady
08-12-2006, 09:47 AM
I know I will be in the minority, but I am one of the "outsiders" that just don't get the fuss over In & Out. My brother in law raved about them for years, so when we drove to San Francisco we stopped at one. It's not like it was horrible, but I certainly didn't get why he and so many others rave over them. Plus, there were only like 4 things on the menu, and I'm someone who likes a little bit of choice. Give me Sonic, Carl's, or Wendy's anyday over In & Out. Actually, if I had a preference, it would be Fuddruckers!
There is a certain ambience to I&O - workers are friendly, helpful & competent, it's clean; food is reasonable - and I think the limited menu is part of the draw - if you don't want a good burger & fries at a decent price, eat somewhere else. (I don't mean you, personally). Until we got our own I&O in Lodi, it was a treat to go to one. The "secret menu" is fun - have your burger "animal style" - very yummy; dipping sauce for your fries; a neopolitan shake... sorry to sound like a commercial, but it's one of my favorite fast food places (Wendy's too for their .99 menu).

potzbie
08-12-2006, 11:28 AM
I see that IN-N-OUT and SONIC are a block apart.
The hamburger joint closest to CHARACTER WAREHOUSE is SONIC.
SONIC is on the right, as you stand in front of the CHARACTER WAREHOUSE store facing away.

I've never tried SONIC.
Have you?
Is there a difference?

TikiGeek
08-12-2006, 11:43 AM
I see that IN-N-OUT and SONIC are a block apart.
The hamburger joint closest to CHARACTER WAREHOUSE is SONIC.
SONIC is on the right, as you stand in front of the CHARACTER WAREHOUSE store facing away.

I've never tried SONIC.
Have you?
Is there a difference?The Sonic's here in NW-AZ are great! We ate at the Sonic next to the Disney CW about 2 years ago and it was terrible! :mad: If you want a burger IN-N-OUT is hard to beat. Sonic has a bigger and better fountain and dessert selection. Sonic is also a "Drive-in" so you can sit in your car and order and they will bring the food out to you. Here in AZ, they have carhops on skates that bring you the food. In Cali it's probably an insurance nightmare. ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
08-12-2006, 02:06 PM

Oh yeah! This is my In-N-Out stop every Anaheim trip! Oh gosh I can't wait til November for my next fix.

bookcrazymama
08-12-2006, 03:46 PM
I love In-N-Out and miss it horribly (we moved out of CA 5 years ago)! It's one of the few fast food hamburgers I'll eat. Can't wait to get one when we're in Disneyland this October!

And - IMHO Sonic doesn't hold a candle to In-N-Out