PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Transportation?

texas minnie
05-20-2006, 08:19 PM
I've seen people riding the horse-drawn carraige. Anyone know where you go to ride? What about the firetruck? Does it come out at certain times only - do you just go to the firestation to ride it?
Thanks for the help!

Wendi
05-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Look for signs along the street in front of the Main Street Railroad Station and the other stop in front of the Castle (Omnibus, Horse-Drawn Carriage, Fire Engine, etc.) You can ride one way either way.

SeansMom
05-20-2006, 09:05 PM
The top of the double decker is a fun ride, and you have a great view.

bradk
05-20-2006, 09:25 PM
as mentioned, there are signs posted. they're all one way trips from one end of main street (near the train station) to the other (around the castle). i believe the horse drawn carriages are directly in front of the train station on the opposite side of the street (on the inside area where the flagpole, flowers, benches, etc are), or right in front of the castle, again across the street on the inside of the hub portion.

the double-decker bus mentioned is the omnibus

the other fun one to ride is the firetruck which has a bell in the back you can ring.

Darkbeer
05-20-2006, 09:26 PM
On most days, the Main Street Transportation starts about 1/2 hour after park opening (Not during early entry due to the street being blocked off), and goes until about 2 PM.

But many things effect the vehicles... For example, the Re dedication ceremony requires the vehicles to stop for about an hour, the Matterhorn climb by Mickey has the vehicles stop for about 20 minutes for each show, and heavy traffic will make the Disney managers stop the vehicles for "safety" sake.

texas minnie
05-20-2006, 09:28 PM
On most days, the Main Street Transportation starts about 1/2 hour after park opening (Not during early entry due to the street being blocked off), and goes until about 2 PM.

But many things effect the vehicles... For example, the Re dedication ceremony requires the vehicles to stop for about an hour, the Matterhorn climb by Mickey has the vehicles stop for about 20 minutes for each show, and heavy traffic will make the Disney managers stop the vehicles for "safety" sake.

So it sounds like it's one of those things you just "happen upon"? When they are running, are the lines long/slow?

bradk
05-20-2006, 09:40 PM
sorry, i forgot to answer that one. they do run from park opening until a certain hour, but i can't tell you exactly when. obviously they also don't run during parades. hours will vary depending on season and day of week vs weekend. but always in the mornings at least.

i've never seen a line for any of the vehicles, especially not long enough that you have to wait for the next one. most people won't know they exist until they come around anyway, so if you know what you want to do and you just wait by the sign for it, you'll have no problem.

texas minnie
05-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Thanks so much! My 5 year old will love it!

bradk
05-20-2006, 09:46 PM
for a 5 year old, i'd definitely recommend the firetruck. loads on the main street side by city hall on the same side of the street. it has the bell in the back you can hit and you get a disneyland jr firefighter sticker at the end of the ride.

darph nader
05-21-2006, 02:24 PM
LF,RF,LF,RF. NO,the firetruck or omnibus is TOO cool.Makes people move out of the way.:cool: