PDA

View Full Version : Week Before Thanksgiving

Geneva
05-20-2006, 02:47 PM
My husband and I are thinking of going to DL the week before Thanksgiving this year, and are wondering what to expect. Does anyone know what the crowd levels are like, the weather, etc.? We went to WDW last year at the same time for our honeymoon, and found the lack of crowds to be great.

I'm so excited already, and I still have six months to wait!

Geneva
05-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Sorry, one more question. What are the park hours for both parks typically around this time of year?

Koala Gurl
05-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Are you thinking the week of Thanksgiving (say, that Monday - Wed) or the week before? (Just to clarify!)

I have been to both WDW and DLR the week before Thanksgiving, and it has been nice and empty.

Hours are typically the same as the "off-peak" hours (which have been something like 10am - 6pm for DCA and 9 or 10am - 8pm for DL). I am guessing at the times (going off my spotty memory)...I am sure if I am wrong, someone will have the right info! :)

Geneva
05-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Yes, the week before Thanksgiving, not the week of. Thanks for the info on the hours.

Does anyone know if all the holiday decorations will be up yet? We're mainly going there because we want to see the holiday Haunted Mansion, but want to avoid the crowds.

bradk
05-20-2006, 10:20 PM
i don't know about christmas decorations since it's typically AFTER thanksgiving that they're all up, but I'm sure there's some things, but as far as Haunted Mansion Holiday, I believe the attraction typically goes down for most of September to install it so it's operating in full force by October. it then goes down in January (?) to uninstall it.

disneyochem
05-21-2006, 08:00 AM
We really like to go the week before Thanksgiving. In fact, we'll be there Nov. 12-18. The majority of Christmas decorations are up. We get our family picture in front to Christmas tree on Main Street for our christmas cards. HM and IASW are also up with the holiday decor.

Yes, it is a fantastic time to go. Drawback is the short hours and it is usually before the holiday parade and snow!

Rhiannon8404
05-21-2006, 08:38 AM
In 2003 and 2004, we went the week of Thanksgiving, arriving Monday and leaving Friday. The only days we found a bit more crowded were Thursday and Friday. (Not summer vacation crowded, just more crowded than the other days.) We spent a good part of those days at DCA, which was not crowded at all. All the Christmas decorations were up and the parade was running.

Last year we went the week before Thanksgiving. I didn't notice much difference in the crowds, infact it seems more crowded than Thanksgiving week the years before. But that was likely due to the whole 50th Anniversary increase in attendance. Most of the decorations were up, but there wasn't a Christmas parade running yet. And we didn't see Santa anywhere.

This year we are back to going the week of Thanksgiving. We really missed having Thanksgiving dinner at the DLH, the parade, snow and stuff like that.

shawnarae
05-21-2006, 09:33 AM
I have been 2 years in a row the Sun-Weds before Thanksgiving and it was GREAT! We actually headed back home on Thanksgiving. To me it was an "off season" feeling. We did not do any Early Entry days yet my son got to go on Splash literally 4 times in a row. Every day until about 1pm it was prime ride walk on time! We have been during Xmas break, summer break, Spring break, weekends and weekdays in every season. The week before Thanksgiving (IMO) was an "off season" weekday feel to us.