PDA

View Full Version : what to do first day there?

lindymey
05-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Arriving on a Wednesday at Lax at 11:05am. Don't know if using Disneyland Express or a private towncar, want to get to Candy Cane Inn quick so we can go to the parks. What park would you do first and which attraction since it will be early afternoon? Also doing both park again all day thurs and fri. Thanks for any advice. 1st time there, have done WDW many times but never Disneyland

erica84
05-20-2006, 03:09 PM
We will be at the Candy Cane beginning Wednesday too...maybe we'll see ya there! We always go to DL first and the first thing we'll do is grab a FP for Space Mountain since my brother hasn't been on it since the "refurb". Have a great time! :)

rentayenta
05-20-2006, 04:57 PM
We always go to Disneyland first. I don't think I could go to DCA first and feel good about it. ;)

Have fun!

twist1980
05-20-2006, 05:03 PM
I always have to go straight to Disneyland! Like the others, I can't imagine doing anything else first!

Oh and don't forget to have fun!! :D

disneyperson
05-20-2006, 05:07 PM
We always go to Disneyland first. I don't think I could go to DCA first and feel good about it. ;)

Have fun!
What she said.

lindymey
05-20-2006, 05:27 PM
The Wednesday that we are going if July 19. Will there still be fastpasses left. If we get a fastpass for Space what do you think will be available to go on without fastpass while waiting to get another one?

Another Dimension
05-21-2006, 01:06 AM
I know I maintain against the grain, yet still have a lot of fun anyway... but sometimes I go to DCA first and don't even go to Disneyland at all.
And it feels just fine! :D

When you arrive at Disneyland, get a Space Mtn Fast Pass as soon as possible.. and then go battle the Evil Emperor Zurg! :cool:
After that, you're on your own. ;)

Hmmm, 2nd thought.. then ya should go ride Indy! :eek:

Have fun!

momuvseven
05-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Get settled into your room and then go to Disneyland. It is only a short walk so forgo the shuttle. You shouldn't have any problem getting a fast pass to whatever you want to do and a Wednesday night shouldn't be too crowded. As soon as your fastpass time arrives grab another one. Take a look at Disneyland.com to see what the schedule will be for that day.

lindymey
05-22-2006, 03:58 AM
bump

05-22-2006, 05:58 AM
What park would you do first and which attraction since it will be early afternoon? Also doing both park again all day thurs and fri.

Truly, whatever you decide to do first will be fine. A lot of it is personal preference. You know that the DLR is very compact, compared with WDW.

I would take the train around Disneyland first, then meander down Main Street. My kids would scoot to Indiana Jones first, then Pirates. Again, it's just personal preference.

iwannabeanimagineer
05-22-2006, 10:23 AM
My preference is to first immerse myself in the biggest pool of Disney magic I can find, which, for me, is usually somewhere in Fantasyland, Frontierland, Adventureland, New Orleans Square of Critter Country. So my preference is to walk at a leisurely pace up Main Street, taking in all the sights, sounds and smells, then to pick a gateway and enter that area, again taking in as much of the environment as possible. And then, if we happen to see Fastpass machine, we'll get a fastpass ,or if we happen to see a not-crazy-long line for an attraction, we'll visit that attraction.

Another good experience I've had is having a nice meal in an outdoor venue or someplace close to a window so we can do a lot of people watching from a relaxed place outside the flow.

But, in general, I don't like to be too ambitious about the first 1/2-day in the parks and I like to re-acquaint myself with the familiar favorites.