PDA

View Full Version : how is the view? [fantasmic balcony for fireworks]

lindymey
05-20-2006, 01:47 PM
If we do the Fantasmic Balcony Dessert Buffet should we stay there to watch the fireworks after? Fantasmic is at 9:25, fireworks at 10:30. What would the fireworks view be like? Have not seen them before, actually have not been to Disneyland before?

bradk
05-20-2006, 01:54 PM
i haven't seen them from the balcony, but i wouldn't either. i advise only watching them from about halfway up main street, or if you can't get a spot on main street, there's some 'alternate' viewing by IASW.

if you only have one night to do both, i'd opt for the second F!

bassett1976
05-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Yes, you should stay on the balcony. If you left quickly you really couldn't get very far before the fireworks started. Everyone is leaving the area to either go home or see the fireworks. They pipe in the music to that area so you will hear the same as you would on Main Street. You'll see many of the fireworks that are shot off at the back behind the park. You'll miss many of the things at the castle. I believe I heard that they have started projecting some of the things on TSI like they do the castle.

Raven
05-22-2006, 08:40 AM
I second staying on the balcony for the fireworks. We had a great view and from what I remember, there were still desserts out!

sierranevada
05-22-2006, 09:06 AM
If we do the Fantasmic Balcony Dessert Buffet should we stay there to watch the fireworks after? Fantasmic is at 9:25, fireworks at 10:30. What would the fireworks view be like? Have not seen them before, actually have not been to Disneyland before?

Are you sure those times are correct? Every time we had gone, it was Fantasmic at 9 - Fireworks at 9:25 and the second showing of Fantasmic at 10:30.

MammaSilva
05-22-2006, 09:16 AM
I'd check with the CM but the times we've gone I've always bought the 'early' show tickets for the bonus of watching the fireworks from there, the sound is piped in just like it is for 'F' ... I will say we haven't done it since the new show with all the effects so I'm not so sure how great the view will be vs. Main St. Our personal favorite place to watch is over near iasw ... you miss a bit of the castle effects and can't see Tinks actions as well but the trade off of smaller crowds is so worth it for us.

lindymey
05-22-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm Sorry, was reading the site wrong. Fantasmic is at 9 and fireworks at 9:25am. 2nd seating for Fantasmic at 10:30. Would you do 1st Fantasmic?

sierranevada
05-22-2006, 09:43 AM
I prefer the first F! and then staying to watch the fireworks. I just find that I am so tired by 10:30 and not hungry that the great desserts go to waste at the later showing!

ae's mom
05-27-2006, 07:41 PM
What is the number to get Fantasmic reservations? is it 30 day ahead that they accept them? Thanks!

sierranevada
05-28-2006, 01:20 PM
What is the number to get Fantasmic reservations? is it 30 day ahead that they accept them? Thanks!
714-781-4400 - lines open at 8 am seven days a week - start dialing a few minutes before 8 am. Call exactly one month prior to when you want to go, ie, call 7/15 to get tickets for 8/15.

disneyhound
05-28-2006, 05:12 PM
We stayed after Fantasmic on the balcony to watch the fireworks. It is not the ideal location for watching the fireworks, but, as stated before, the crowds below are too insane! Since you already paid to be up there, have another fresh fruit spear, hang out, and relax... :p

disneyland addict13
05-28-2006, 06:31 PM
OK. I have kind of a "stupid question." But I think you guys here at Mouseplanet might understand.
Some of my family and I will be visiting the Disneyland Resort from July 9-July 14th this summer and I'm surprising everyone with the Fantasmic! balcony seating. I was planning for us to do the 9 PM show and then watch the fireworks from the balcony after Fantasmic!
However, we are also planning to stake out a fireworks spot in the hub a few hours early on another night of our trip.
Only two of us that will be there has seen the fireworks show from the prime spot in the hub and my question is...
"Will the fireworks show be "ruined" by watching it from the balcony before seeing it from the hub for those who haven't seen it from the hub yet?"
I guess it's more of a question about your opinion.
Would you rather see the fireworks show from the hub first or do you not care?
My question is kind of confusing so I hope it makes sense.
Thanks for any and all help.

Ms.Pecks
05-28-2006, 06:38 PM
I totally agree with siarranevada that the 10:30 show is a little late if you have little ones in your party. I found that I wasn't that hungry at 10:30 either.I actually enjoyed the riverfront seating a little more since the view of the fireworks was better and at Xmas we had the snow.And by the way sierranevada, I actually live in the Sierra Nevadas!

DianeM
05-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Disclaimer - I haven't seen the 50th fireworks show yet. But I've seen enough DL fireworks shows to know that the emotional impact of the show is in the music, and the spectacular effects, and the nostalgic scenes, not in any suprise factor. I doubt very much that you'll feel that the effect is diminished if you see part of the show in advance. In fact, from what I've read about it, you may appreciate having two opportunities to see it.

Would you rather see the fireworks show from the hub first or do you not care?
My question is kind of confusing so I hope it makes sense.
Thanks for any and all help.

emmah
05-28-2006, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=disneyland my question is...
"Will the fireworks show be "ruined" by watching it from the balcony before seeing it from the hub for those who haven't seen it from the hub yet?"

In December last year I saw the fireworks from both the fantasmic balcony and right in front of the castle. I saw the fireworks each night of my trip, and loved it as much on seeing it the 6th time as I did the first - it's a truly 'wow' occasion. I watched from right in front of the castle on four nights, once from the small world plaza and once from the balcony. The view from the balcony is not great - you only see about half of the actual show - you only see the fireworks high up in the sky (and so miss all the projections on the castle and the matterhorn, the shrinking room effect and so on) BUT the soundtrack is great, and you do get to see the exploding colours in the sky - but it was all a bit disconnected. there was also the issue of cloud and smoke which interferred with what we could see from that location, but that might have simply been the weather rather than a flaw with the location as such. The show is not meant to be seen from the river - it's designed to be watched from the hub. So, my answer to your question is no, the experience will not be ruined.

It was my first time to Fantasmic and while it was a good location, I went back the following night and saw the show from close to the river and enjoyed it much more when I could feel the heat from the fire and the water on my face. All in all, I thought that the balcony experience was overrated - its an awful lot of money to spend on a piece of cake and a softdrink, an uncomfortable seat with no table, served on a small and crowded balcony... I'm glad I have done it once, to see what all the fuss was about, but I won't be doing it again.

enjoy your trip!:) :) :)